People with disabilities

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Many people suffer from physical, intellectual, developmental, or mental disabilities, such as OCD, PTSD, bipolar, ADHD, Autism, Down Syndrome, split personality disorder, etc. How should we see them in God's family?

God loves them, John 3:

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
The Paraclete dwells in them when they are born of the Spirit. This connects them to the body of Christ, 1 Corinthians 12:

14 For the body does not consist of one member but of many. ...
21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you,” nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22On the contrary, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23and on those parts of the body that we think less honorable we bestow the greater honor, and our unpresentable parts are treated with greater modesty, 24which our more presentable parts do not require. But God has so composed the body, giving greater honor to the part that lacked it, 25that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. 26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.
That's the spiritual reality in the body of Christ.

We look forward to the day of recreation, Philippians 3:

20 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it, we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21s who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body,
No more disabilities.

Jesus will reward every one of us, Matthew 20:

15 "Am I not allowed to do what I choose with what belongs to me? Or do you begrudge my generosity?" 16 So the last will be first, and the first last.
When we look at the big picture, in the end, God is just.

• Love
Reactions: Lambano and Nancy

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people suffer from physical, intellectual, developmental, or mental disabilities, such as OCD, PTSD, bipolar, ADHD, Autism, Down Syndrome, split personality disorder, etc. How should we see them in God's family?

God loves them...
King David embraced a royal son of the former king, King Saul. He was lame, I believe, and David honored him as one with a disability, who suffered due to no fault of his own.

That's when Jesus' exhortation "not to judge" comes into play. Remember when Jesus was asked who sinned when the tower fell down? Again, Jesus recommended that we not judge.

We don't always know why people suffer various calamities or are born with defects. In reality, we all are born with defects because our bodies are frail, mortal, and filled with various kinds of flaws. Our spirits are poisoned spiritually because sin is spiritual. Our physical inheritance is tainted by our spiritual inheritance from our forebears, since we inherit their ungodly tendencies, the tendency to rebel against God's will.

And so we have these defects whether we are morally responsible for them or not. We just need to practice compassion because we will need it ourselves.

We are told by the Faith People that Jesus healed all, and somehow we lack faith if we suffer any defect or health problem. What a corrupt doctrine! The Apostle John even indicated that some sins lead us to suffer consequences from which we cannot extract ourselves by prayer. We don't always know when God will heal someone. As much as Paul believed in prayer he had friends who got sick and he wasn't able to heal immediately.

We just need to believe in God's power, but let Him determine what He will do. The only thing we can do is live right, and place our trust in Him. If we obey Him good things will happen, and some of our problems can be helped by God's own compassion.

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God loves them,

No more disabilities.
Please, God, may it be so.

Until then, I guess it's my job to try to reflect God's love to them.

Reactions: TonyChanYT