Perfection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does James seem to show we can be perfect?

John said if we claim we are (present tense) without sin, we deceive ourselves and there is no truth in us.

How can we perfectly love God and all people every second of every minute of every hour of every day 365 days a year. and never put selof over someone else. or even know to do right, but do nto do it, which is sin?

I never understood how people can think this

@Eternally Grateful

Indeed knowing what is right and not doing it is sin. It means that the Holy Spirit is not leading us and if He is not leading us constantly we are out of the Spirit and in the flesh. I know the idea seems impossible, believe me I have been there. It is possible to fall from that state though and it is not easy to get back in. It is a gift from God and nothing to do with our effort.

'Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect'

The apostles taught perfection and so did the early church. It has appeared in the west at times.

Now that verse from John has an explanation. It is taken out of context to say what you wish it to say.
Hello, if I might be given leave to put forth a thought;

Scripture says; ‘he that has died is freed from sin’, this is a scriptural truth…

For in this truth is the completeness of our salvation in Christ, for as far as one sees into and by faith grabs unto their death and resurrection with Christ to that degree will one be made free from sin…

It is faith in being crucified with Christ and raised to a new life with Him that is the Christian faith….

For Paul says ‘I know nothing against myself, but this does not justify, it is God that justifies’….

Meaning that Paul was not conscious of any sin in his life but that did not mean there wasn’t any….

For it is to the degree one reckons themselves dead to sin alive alive unto God to that degree will they walk in newness of life…..

Be blessed in walking as free from sin as Paul did, for only by faith is such a walk possible but it is for all….

A brother in Christ, Not me

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As i stated in the comment, I would have loved the person and not Gotten mad.

thats what paul speaks of when he talks about the war. and how he wants to do what is right.. but he does what he did nto want to do.

I don't want to get mad. And after I get on myself for failing (if I do that, remember that was an example)

and its not just for this sin, it is any time we act on the flesh, and not the spirit.. we put our needs and our wants over Gods and someone elses.
Would praying for that person be a form to show love for them?

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why fear for me, for hungering and thirsting for holiness, then following the teaching of the NT and ECF witness to God doing it for me? I am walking in an amazing way with prayers answered and miracles daily.

Would you be willing to share some answered prayers, and especially miracles you have seen? I have been amazed at God's hand in my life, but rarely get to hear about it from others experience.

Reactions: Hepzibah

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Meaning that Paul was not conscious of any sin in his life but that did not mean there wasn’t any….

Paul wrote 13 Epistles.
He never confessed a sin, in any of them.

Here is why..

"THe born again are not under the law, but under Grace".... so, where there is no law, there is no Transgression.

Paul then teaches... "Christ always gives me the Victory".. over the world, the flesh, and the devil.

Notice the word "ALWAYS"..

That means "Always"... not, on occasion.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live. It is Christ in me, keeping me from all sin with a pure and holy heart. This is Christianity.

Yes.

The born again are made righteous.
There is no sin found there.
The born again are "in Christ" and "one with God".
There is no sin found there...

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Would you be willing to share some answered prayers, and especially miracles you have seen? I have been amazed at God's hand in my life, but rarely get to hear about it from others experience.
Azim there are just too many to name in the last 4 weeks. The first was when I prayed for a woman's friend whom she had been witnessed to for 30 years. She was saved that week. Oh it happens daily that the Lord restores something that was amiss the last period of 5 years of being out of the Spirit. I will think of some more.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul wrote 13 Epistles.
He never confessed a sin, in any of them.

Here is why..

"THe born again are not under the law, but under Grace".... so, where there is no law, there is no Transgression.

Paul then teaches... "Christ always gives me the Victory".. over the world, the flesh, and the devil.

Notice the word "ALWAYS"..

That means "Always"... not, on occasion.
As the Spirit of Christ so teaches you Himself may you be blessed…..

A fellow follower, Not me

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Azim

Enlightened about various matters that had been troubling me. Was given clarity about them in an instant.

Chronic health problems and what to do. What diet I should be on.
Problems at the church I have been attending about the source.
Problems with people where I am living and who is causing the problems.

Then, computer problems that were plaguing me without help suddenly put right. Problems with my freq generator put right suddenly which had driven me mad.

Sent to this forum after totally forgetting about it.

A huge relief from feeling under satanic attack. The attack continues but it is not harming me.

Daily prayers over day to day things answered straight away. All that is needed is please help.

Oh goodness much more!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does James seem to show we can be perfect?
What is your understanding of what it means to "be perfect" in this passage? I think this is a key question.

If you are thinking it means we have fully ceased from sin, I question how we would know such a thing, considering what Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 4,

1 Corinthians 4:3-5 KJV
3) But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
4) For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
5) Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Here Paul wrote that he knows nothing by himself, yet he is not justified by that, rather, the Lord Jesus is his judge. And so he instructs that we not make these judgments until Jesus comes, Who knows what is hidden, even from ourselves.

If we are speaking of not having any awareness of sins committed, being in an uninterrupted communion with God, with the Spirit's fruit being produced in our lives, Christian maturity, that's more the page I'm on.

Your thoughts?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed knowing what is right and not doing it is sin. It means that the Holy Spirit is not leading us and if He is not leading us constantly we are out of the Spirit and in the flesh. I know the idea seems impossible, believe me I have been there. It is possible to fall from that state though and it is not easy to get back in. It is a gift from God and nothing to do with our effort.
I believe that God has as many ways of dealing with us as there are "us". I think we all have a unique relationship with God, and that He works with each of us according to our need.

I think in terms of "walking in the Spirit", and that if we are doing so, we will not be fulfilling the lusts of the flesh. That is to say that we overcome sin by doing something different, not by "not doing the sin". The affirmative "walking in the Spirit" is what keeps us from works of flesh.

I think in terms of, we are a new creation spirit living in a flesh body. The new creation spirit shares God's nature, being His son. The flesh body shares Adam's nature, being Adam's son. Before rebirth, we were Adam's son, in our rebirth, we are sons of God. The renewing of the mind is as our minds are trained/restored to be like Christ's mind, instead of the old fleshy mind. That which comes from the spirit/Spirit is righteousness, that which comes from flesh is sin, not being of faith.

Are we on the same page?

Much love!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your understanding of what it means to "be perfect" in this passage? I think this is a key question.

If you are thinking it means we have fully ceased from sin, I question how we would know such a thing, considering what Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 4,

1 Corinthians 4:3-5 KJV
3) But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
4) For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
5) Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Here Paul wrote that he knows nothing by himself, yet he is not justified by that, rather, the Lord Jesus is his judge. And so he instructs that we not make these judgments until Jesus comes, Who knows what is hidden, even from ourselves.

If we are speaking of not having any awareness of sins committed, being in an uninterrupted communion with God, with the Spirit's fruit being produced in our lives, Christian maturity, that's more the page I'm on.

Your thoughts?

Much love!
Blessing marks for being taught inwardly….

For the brightness in the next, Not me

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@marks Christ coming again is often interpreted in holiness circles as His coming at the 'second blessing' and I can see Paul meaning this, as conviction of sin is the sign He has come whereby the Holy Spirit reveals our sin which has been hidden from us. Paul did not judge himself rightly as it is God who judges us and reveals to us if we are in the Light wherein dwells no darkness. Therein is the assurance that we are pleasing God.

The early church taught that sinlessness is the result of the healing of our psyche which occurs in Theosis. There is more to it than thinking one is without sin in thought word and deed. There are signs and wonders which accompany it and often revival all around us as God's power is there.

Maturity is not the same as purity. I hope I have answered you.

Reactions: Azim

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The hardest part of our training is moving from the natural to the spiritual. All that is fleshy is not sin but will lead to sin. Example, it is natural to be hungry but God might want us to fast. So we give up the natural to the spiritual. Not a good example maybe but I am tired and need to rest now after a busy day on here. Not sure if we are totally on the same page.

Reactions: Azim