Perfection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
And in fact I stated plainly I'm assuming Paul was not sinning.

So, again, you've left the "innuendo door" wide open. @marks

What i was trying to find out, is if you believe that Paul sinned.

See, "Assuming" he didnt, is assuming that He might have.

That is not my re-interpretation of your words.

Last edited:

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the word that's used there.

View attachment 36683

I don't believe this changes the meaning or translation, but does give us more understanding of what God did.

Romans 6:5-8 KJV
5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7) For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8) Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

I think the idea here is that our old man being crucified with Him is being linked to receiving His righteousness, that is, being justified, made righteous. And having been made righteous, this is our freedom from sin.

Romans 6:11-12 KJV
11) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12) Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

We've died to sin, and we've come alive to God, and for this reason we are to not let sin rule in our bodies, so that we obey it's lusts.

Romans 6:17-18 KJV
17) But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18) Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Here, "free" is from a different word that speaks more of our freedom to come and go. Freedom of movement, so we don't have to sin.

In the first sense, we are made righteous, and therefore don't have to sin. In the second sense, we are set at liberty, and therefore don't have to sin. These are really one and the same, I don't think you can separate the concepts. Nor can this be separated from the most foundational truth, that when we are baptized into Christ, we are united to Him, and become alive in Him. He is our righteousness, He supplies all we need for Spirit life.

Much love!
Ok, I see you have some ground to stand on, as truth produces freedom, may His word become living in us….

A fellow follower, Not me

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorry if I missed any questions or comments so please let me know if there are any.