Perpetual virginity of Mary!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chapter and verse numbers for inferences of "messy". There are none. You make that up because it fits your man made traditions.
Seriously? You do know that Jesus was born in the same manner as everyone, correct?! He traveled down the birth canal. He didn't materialize in puff of fairy dust .

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't refute BoL content, so you resort to attacking his style. That's all you've got. And you do post dogmatic, unbiblical Calvinoid LIES. "being plain nasty" is asserted, but not backed by quotes.
I don't know what a Calvinoid lie is? I don't follow John Calvin or Calvin and Hobbes...

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You told nothing BUT lies and denials and rejections of the truth.,
I gave you Biblical argument after Biblical argument - and all YOU did was call them "Lies".
Don't agree with them? Fine - then give me an alternate Biblical argument.

Calling the Word of God a "Lie" is a lie in itself - not to mention blasphemy.
Lol, no where does scripture tell us that Mary was a forever Virgin. So who is just making stuff up?
You haven't given biblically sound arguments, but Catholic additions that they add on to scripture by miss interpretation.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, no where does scripture tell us that Mary was a forever Virgin. So who is just making stuff up?
You haven't given biblically sound arguments, but Catholic additions that they add on to scripture by miss interpretation.
And where have I "added on"??

I showed you the complete ABSENCE of textual evidence of Mary having other children - and YOU have failed to produce any such evidence.
WHERE does the Bible say that MARY had other children? for that matter - can you even produce an EXTRABIBLICAL account of Mary having other children?? I didn't think so.

I gave you a decisive argument regarding Mary's question to the Aangel in Luke 1:34 - and other than your usual denials - you couldn't produce a SHRED of evidence to argue the point.

Finally - I gave you a comprehensive comparison between Mary and the Ark of the Covenant - type and fulfillment - you you couldn't refute it.
A THOUSAND denials don't amount to ONE single proof . . .

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I showed you the complete ABSENCE of textual evidence of Mary having other children - and YOU have failed to produce any such evidence.

How come you said, this, in Post #273. "James the Less is the brother of Joses (Joseph) snd the son of Mary and Clopas (Alphaeus). This is the "brother" of the Lord". lol, lol, oh my gosh, who's brother? :eek: YIKES! you put your own foot in your own MOUTH.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How come you said, this, in Post #273. "James the Less is the brother of Joses (Joseph) snd the son of Mary and Clopas (Alphaeus). This is the "brother" of the Lord". lol, lol, oh my gosh, who's brother? :eek: YIKES! you put your own foot in your own MOUTH.

PICJAG
"Brother" as in "Adelphos".
As I have repeatedly explained - Adelphos can be used for brother, half-brother, cousin, nephew, uncle, neighbor, fellow-countryman, fellow-believer, etc.

Here's a little guide for you. Maybe this will help with your confusion . . .
There are 244 instances are instances where the word “Adelphos” and all of its variations are used in the NT.
41 times (12%) are cases where "Adelphos" clearly or probably refers to a family sibling.
47 instances (14%) are cases where "Adelphos" may or may not refer to a family sibling.
256 instances (74%) are cases where "Adelphos" cannot or almost certainly does not refer to a family sibling.

I REALLY hope that helps - but I'm NOT holding my breath . . .

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
showed you the complete ABSENCE of textual evidence of Mary having other children - and YOU have failed to produce any such evidence.
No, you just deny the obvious words of scripture and/ lor twist them to fit your narrative. Why show you again what you refused to acknowledge?
You haven't given one shred of evidence that Mary remained a Virgin. You are trying to prove something scripture never claimed.

Reactions: 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Brother" as in "Adelphos".
As I have repeatedly explained - Adelphos can be used for brother, half-brother, cousin, nephew, uncle, neighbor, fellow-countryman, fellow-believer, etc.

but you said this in the topic, " Where does the Bible say?" Post #273, listen to yourself.
WRONG.
You have it backwards.

James the Less is the brother of Joses (Joseph) snd the son of Mary and Clopas (Alphaeus). This is the "brother" of the Lord.
The other James who was an Apostle was the brother of John and the son of Zebedee.

see what you said? ... in RED..... (smile)... and you was not speaking of Adelphos in a half-brother, cousin, nephew, uncle, neighbor, fellow-countryman, fellow-believer ... :D YIKES!

see in the Matthew 10:2 ACCOUNT, "Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;"Matthew 10:3 "Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;"

now was these blood brothers, or brothers in believers here.... (smile), and you said,James the Less is the brother of Joses (Joseph) snd the son of Mary and Clopas (Alphaeus). This is the "brother" of the Lord. LOL, LOL, LOL,

sometimes you have to let an old horse that is dead bury themselves... :rolleyes:

PICJAG

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but you said this in the topic, " Where does the Bible say?" Post #273, listen to yourself.

see what you said? ... in RED..... (smile)... and you was not speaking of Adelphos in a half-brother, cousin, nephew, uncle, neighbor, fellow-countryman, fellow-believer ... :D YIKES!

see in the Matthew 10:2 ACCOUNT, "Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;"Matthew 10:3 "Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;"

now was these blood brothers, or brothers in believers here.... (smile), and you said,James the Less is the brother of Joses (Joseph) snd the son of Mary and Clopas (Alphaeus). This is the "brother" of the Lord. LOL, LOL, LOL,

sometimes you have to let an old horse that is dead bury themselves... :rolleyes:

PICJAG
Ummmmm, that's why I put the word brother in quotes (" ").

This is a perfect example of why I said that you REALLY need to take some time off and learn the English language if you're going to attempt to debate people in English. You don't seem to understand how to communicate.

A little less "Lol-ing" and a little more learning . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you just deny the obvious words of scripture and/ lor twist them to fit your narrative. Why show you again what you refused to acknowledge?
You haven't given one shred of evidence that Mary remained a Virgin. You are trying to prove something scripture never claimed.
Then PLEASE show me where Scripture says that Mary had other children.

If it's so "obvious" - then WHY is it that you haven't been able to show me??

PS - I also need you to STOP running and give a Scriptural refutation of the following comparisons between Mary and the Ark of the Covenant . . .

OT - The Word was written by God on Tablets of Stone (Ex. 25:10) placed inside the Ark (Deut. 10:1)
NT - The Word of God became Flesh (John 1) conceived inside Mary (Luke 2:38) Mary carried the Word of God.

OT - "Who am I that the Ark of my Lord should come to me?" (2 Sam. 6:9)
NT - "Who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" (Luke 1:43)

OT - The When the Ark carrying the Word of God returned “David was leaping and dancing before the Lord” (2 Sam. 6:14)
NT -
When Mary came into Elizabeth's presence carrying the word of God, the baby “leaped for joy” in Elizabeth's womb (Luke 2:38)

OT - The Ark carrying the Word of God is brought to the house of Obed-Edom for 3 months, where it was a blessing. (2 Sam. 6:11)
NT - Mary (the new Ark) carrying the Word of God goes to Elizabeth's house for 3 months, where she is a blessing (Luke 1:56)

OT - The Ark is captured (1 Sam 4:11) and brought to a foreign land and later returns (1 Sam 6:13)
NT - Mary (the new Ark) is exiled to a foreign land (Egypt) and later returns (Matt. 2:14)

OT - On the Day of the Dedication of the Temple which Solomon built, there were 120 priests present (2 Chron. 5:11). The Ark of the Covenant was carried into the Temple (2 Chron. 5:7) and fire came down from Heaven to consume the burnt offering (2 Chron. 7:7).
NT - The On the Day of Pentecost, there were 120 disciples of Jesus present in the Upper Room (Acts 1:15). Mary, the Mother of Jesus and the Ark of the NEW Covenant was also present while the Holy Spirit came down as tongues of fire (Acts 2:3).

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perpetual Virginity of Mary!

The Bible never says anyone is a biological child of Mary accept for Jesus Christ!

I think you mean except not accept.

In any case- the Bible DOES NOT say Jesus was Mary's biological child.

The Bible says the Complete OPPOSITE.

Glory to God,
Taken

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then PLEASE show me where Scripture says that Mary had other children.

If it's so "obvious" - then WHY is it that you haven't been able to show me??

PS - I also need you to STOP running and give a Scriptural refutation of the following comparisons between Mary and the Ark of the Covenant . . .

OT - The Word was written by God on Tablets of Stone (Ex. 25:10) placed inside the Ark (Deut. 10:1)
NT - The Word of God became Flesh (John 1) conceived inside Mary (Luke 2:38) Mary carried the Word of God.

OT - "Who am I that the Ark of my Lord should come to me?" (2 Sam. 6:9)
NT - "Who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" (Luke 1:43)

OT - The When the Ark carrying the Word of God returned “David was leaping and dancing before the Lord” (2 Sam. 6:14)
NT - When Mary came into Elizabeth's presence carrying the word of God, the baby “leaped for joy” in Elizabeth's womb (Luke 2:38)

OT - The Ark carrying the Word of God is brought to the house of Obed-Edom for 3 months, where it was a blessing. (2 Sam. 6:11)
NT - Mary (the new Ark) carrying the Word of God goes to Elizabeth's house for 3 months, where she is a blessing (Luke 1:56)

OT - The Ark is captured (1 Sam 4:11) and brought to a foreign land and later returns (1 Sam 6:13)
NT - Mary (the new Ark) is exiled to a foreign land (Egypt) and later returns (Matt. 2:14)

OT - On the Day of the Dedication of the Temple which Solomon built, there were 120 priests present (2 Chron. 5:11). The Ark of the Covenant was carried into the Temple (2 Chron. 5:7) and fire came down from Heaven to consume the burnt offering (2 Chron. 7:7).
NT - The On the Day of Pentecost, there were 120 disciples of Jesus present in the Upper Room (Acts 1:15). Mary, the Mother of Jesus and the Ark of the NEW Covenant was also present while the Holy Spirit came down as tongues of fire (Acts 2:3).
No need to refute code ring theology.
The Bible isn't a secret code book.
And how would Mary being a figurative ark have anything to do with her virginity anyway?
We are all clay pots for the master if we obey. That doesn't make us perfect humans.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perpetual virginity of Mary!
OP^

^ Not a Scriptural claim.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No need to refute code ring theology.
The Bible isn't a secret code book.
And how would Mary being a figurative ark have anything to do with her virginity anyway?
We are all clay pots for the master if we obey. That doesn't make us perfect humans.

Mary is not the highlight of Scripture.
Mary was an example like many human examples in Scripture who fulfilled a role pleasing to God.

It is revealed in Scripture;
1) she was a virgin, before her marriage.
2) remained a virgin during her pregnancy of the Son of man.
3) her obligation of remaining a virgin ended after the birth of the Son of man.

The highlight is: at the Time the Son of man, was born ON Earth, He was a legal heir of Abraham's Land and legally of the House of David, legal heir to King David's Throne.

How many children Mary had, becoming a widow, where she lived, what she did daily...
Irrelevant.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Renniks

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't know what a Calvinoid lie is? I don't follow John Calvin or Calvin and Hobbes...
Maybe not, but you follow Calvin's arrogance and insulting tone. And you constantly deny your own reformers, and make up nonsense about what the historic Church teaches.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No need to refute code ring theology. The Bible isn't a secret code book.
A stupid childish remark.
Polemical nonsense. BoL never said the Ark of the Old Covenant was FIGURATIVE. Any serious student of the Bible know that figurative and foreshadow (type) are not the same thing. If you are going to blindly object to biblical foreshadow of Mary in the OT, then logically, you must blindly object to biblical foreshadow of Jesus in the OT. This, of course, you would never do so your objections are illogical.
God's grace makes us holy and righteous, which you afford to everyone else, but downplay it when it comes to Jesus' mother. There is no such thing as "partially full" in Scripture. That is oxymoronic. Mary was/is an ordinary human being whose soul was prevented from inheriting original sin BY THE GRACE OF GOD, which you refuse to comprehend. God didn't HAVE TO do it that way, He CHOSE TO. Do you think God is too weak to do something like that?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmm, that's why I put the word brother in quotes (" ").

This is a perfect example of why I said that you REALLY need to take some time off and learn the English language if you're going to attempt to debate people in English. You don't seem to understand how to communicate.

A little less "Lol-ing" and a little more learning . . .
so that means you just lie.... or you don't know what you're talking abou? LOL, LOL, LOL. :eek: YIKES!

PICJAG

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's grace makes us holy and righteous, which you afford to everyone else, but downplay it when it comes to Jesus' mother.
Nope, she was just as holy as the rest of us, probably more so than some. That doesn't' make her our advocate in heaven or a perfect human. Ya'll just keep adding stuff that isn't in scripture.

Reactions: 101G
Status
Not open for further replies.