Perpetual virginity of Mary!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm.....she's the Mother of God. Can any other woman claim that?

Keeping it real......Mary
Good, let's keep it real, she's just a birth mother like anyother who gave birth, and every mother can claim that.

and no she is not the Mother of God. she just did what all women are capable of giving birth to flesh and blood... nothing specal there.

she just birthed a body that he came in, so again nothing special... :D

NEXT,

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how ignorant can one be, Jesus is Spirit, who formed Mary in her mother's womb. look, no woman can give life to a spirit... lol, a woman can only birth fleh and blood.... how ignorant can one be.

what's CONCEIVE in the womb is flesh and blood, not spirit.. hello, hello... the spirit is given by God. and when we die, gues where yuou, your, ... (smile), his spirit go? yes, our spirts return to the one who gave it.

now, lets get scripture, Hebrews 10:5 "Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:" READ THAT AGAIN IN ORDER TO GET THAT NONESENSE OUT OF YOUR HEAD.

Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

the son is not "born"... lol, lol, lol. my Gos when will they ever learn.

now one more. Luke 1:35 "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing, (thing, here means flesh), which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God".

what's born... flesh shall be called the "Son of God", but the "Son of Man is Given and not born....... lol.

now did you notice that word, "overshadow" it's the Greek word,
G1982 ἐπισκιάζω episkiazo (ep-ee-skee-ad'-zo) v.
1. to cast a shade upon
2. (by analogy) to envelop in a haze of brilliancy
3. (figuratively) to invest with preternatural influence

do you know what, "preternatural influence" means? guess not, the word meaning here, not in the natural way of conception between a man and a women.lets put this in layman terms. the Lord Jesus don't have maw, (Mother, biologically speaking), nor a maw maw... (smile)... lol. nor do he a paw, (father, biologically speaking), nor a paw paw... :D YIKES. without mother, and without father.....

now look at that definition again, 3. (figuratively) to invest with preternatural influence.

see, Mary is not the biological mother, she only the "BIRTH" mother...... :rolleyes: meaning she only a surrogate mother, WHICH ANY WOMAN COULD HAVE BEEN. so there was nothing special about Mary, only chosen by God to do a work. so U need to be about God's business. and that business could be, (Good, like us, or Evil like the devil).... (smile).

now, get you foot again out of your mouth, because a. it's unheathy, and b. unnatural. and .... c. study more with the Holy Ghost.... ok. no put down, just factual observation.

bottonline, know the difference between the a. the Son of God, and b. the Son of man. for the Son of man didn't come out of Mary, but the Son of God did. ... checkmate. now say difference... (smile).

PICJAG
Obviously NOT as ignorant as YOU.
Jesus is FLESH and SPIRIT - He is both Man (1 Tim. 2:5) and God (John 1:1).

He was ALWAYS God - even in the womb of His mother Mary.
She conceived, carried and gave birth to Theanthropos - the God Man, Jesus Christ.

Reactions: theefaith

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only it says exactly that. It says Jesus had brothers and sisters. And yet you make up a story about those being Joseph's children only which scripture doesn't say...
The WHY don't you show me the verse??
WHY are you so afraid to show me the verse that says MARY had other children if it exists??

Reactions: Illuminator

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You haven't shown any conclusive proof about types of Mary. Only suppositions. I can find Adam being a type of Christ spelled out in the nt.. different story.
Baloney.
I've given you paragraph after paragraph of Scriptural evidence.

Even if you reject it ALL - I have ALSO shown you the complete ABSENCE of any mention of Mary having other children.
Scripture simply DOESN'T make this claim.

So far - YOU haven't presented a SHRED of Scripture . . .

Reactions: Illuminator

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously NOT as ignorant as YOU.
Jesus is FLESH and SPIRIT - He is both Man (1 Tim. 2:5) and God (John 1:1).

He was ALWAYS God - even in the womb of His mother Mary.
She conceived, carried and gave birth to Theanthropos - the God Man, Jesus Christ.
facebook and tweeter for you... :)

see ys...

NEXT,

PICJAG

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The WHY don't you show me the verse??
WHY are you so afraid to show me the verse that says MARY had other children if it exists??
"Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary and brother of James and Joses and Judas and Simon? And are not his sisters here with us?” And they took offense at him."

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baloney.
I've given you paragraph after paragraph of Scriptural evidence.

Even if you reject it ALL - I have ALSO shown you the complete ABSENCE of any mention of Mary having other children.
Scripture simply DOESN'T make this claim.

So far - YOU haven't presented a SHRED of Scripture . . .
No, you gave me no evidence. You give verses you claim are parallels, but that's not evidence that they are. Find me the verse that says that Mary is the ark.
Similar to this:
So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being" the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven. As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the man from heaven, so also are those who are of heaven (1 Corinthians 15:45-48).

Where does scripture explicitly say Mary is like the ark?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you gave me no evidence. You give verses you claim are parallels, but that's not evidence that they are. Find me the verse that says that Mary is the ark.
Similar to this:
So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being" the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven. As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the man from heaven, so also are those who are of heaven (1 Corinthians 15:45-48).

Where does scripture explicitly say Mary is like the ark?
Moses was an OT Type of Jesus.
Where does the Bible explicitly mention this??

Your ignorance knows NO bounds . . .

Reactions: historyb

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary and brother of James and Joses and Judas and Simon? And are not his sisters here with us?” And they took offense at him."
NOWHWERE is Mary named as their mother.

In fact, I already showed you that another woman standing near the cross (Mary's relative) is their mother - and Alphaeus/Clopas is their father (Matt. 27:56, Mark 15:40, John 19:25).

I also schooled you on the following facts ablut the use of "Adelphos" in the NT . . .

Adelphos is applied to brother of same parents, half-brother (same father), uncle, cousin, step-sibling, kinsfolk, same tribe, and even a fellow countryman.
These are the statistics of the use of Adelphos(oi) in all of its variations in the New Testament:
There are 244 instances are instances where the word “Adelphos” and all of its variations are used in the NT.
41 times (12%) are cases where "Adelphos" clearly or probably refers to a family sibling.
47 instances (14%) are cases where "Adelphos" may or may not refer to a family sibling.
A whopping 256 instances (74%) are cases where "Adelphos" cannot or almost certainly does not refer to a family sibling.

YOU have responded with NOTHING.
Doesn't bode well for your pathetic position . . .

Reactions: historyb

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NOWHWERE is Mary named as their mother.

In fact, I already showed you that another woman standing near the cross (Mary's relative) is their mother - and Alphaeus/Clopas is their father (Matt. 27:56, Mark 15:40, John 19:25).

I also schooled you on the following facts ablut the use of "Adelphos" in the NT . . .

Adelphos is applied to brother of same parents, half-brother (same father), uncle, cousin, step-sibling, kinsfolk, same tribe, and even a fellow countryman.
These are the statistics of the use of Adelphos(oi) in all of its variations in the New Testament:
There are 244 instances are instances where the word “Adelphos” and all of its variations are used in the NT.
41 times (12%) are cases where "Adelphos" clearly or probably refers to a family sibling.
47 instances (14%) are cases where "Adelphos" may or may not refer to a family sibling.
A whopping 256 instances (74%) are cases where "Adelphos" cannot or almost certainly does not refer to a family sibling.

YOU have responded with NOTHING.
Doesn't bode well for your pathetic position . . .

Jesus' siblings are mentioned as accompanying Jesus and his mother to Capernaum after the marriage at Cana (John 2:12). Later Mary and these brothers are recorded as seeking an audience with Jesus (Matthew 12:46-50; Mark 3:31-35; Luke 8:19-21). Toward the end of Jesus' ministry, His brethren are mentioned as urging Jesus to prove His Messiahship, which they themselves doubted (John 7:3-5). That they were later converted is clear, for they are described in Acts as uniting with the disciples and others in "prayer and supplication" prior to Pentecost (Acts 1:13-14). Paul implies that they were all married (1 Corinthians 9:5).

It is also generally believed that the leader of the church at Jerusalem was James the brother of Jesus, (see Acts 12:17; 15:13). This is confirmed by Paul's reference to his visit to Jerusalem, in which he states that he saw only Peter, and "James, the Lord's brother" (Galatians 1:18-19).

But you can continue twisting the night away, if you like, Chubby Checkers.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good, let's keep it real, she's just a birth mother like anyother who gave birth, and every mother can claim that.

and no she is not the Mother of God. she just did what all women are capable of giving birth to flesh and blood... nothing specal there.

she just birthed a body that he came in, so again nothing special... :D

NEXT,

PICJAG
Hi 101G,

Not every mother can claim to have given birth to God’s Son kiddo.

Keeping it real.....Mary

Curious Mary

NEXT....

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi 101G,

Not every mother can claim to have given birth to God’s Son kiddo.

Keeping it real.....Mary

Curious Mary

NEXT....
first thanks for the reply, second, JESUS is no one's kid.... my God, Marymog is the Light bulbs coming on? Jesus is God who was G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') v. while in natural Flesh. are we getting this?

now let me say this, not one person from any denomination can call another denomination a cult, from what I have seen here is no one have any claim to call anyone else a cultist, without first looking into the mirrow at their ownselves first. from what I have seen, this is not just general blind ignorance, no this is beyound that... this is entrenched disbelief, of one's onw bible beliefs, yes a cultist mentality, and apperantly they don't seen to notice it.

even the dedicated cultist in any denomination will one day will smell the coffee. but some, as one said, they see no coffee, they hear no coffee, and they speak no coffee, and surely ... above all, "they don't smell ..... ANY coffee."

when someone gets like this, yes, THEY, THEY, not them, the other guys, but YOU are the one who is a cultist who refuse to hear the truth.

just Keeping it real..... 101G,

PICJAG

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second, JESUS is no one's kid.... my God, Marymog is the Light bulbs coming on? Jesus is God who was G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') v. while in natural Flesh. are we getting this?

now let me say this, not one person from any denomination can call another denomination a cult, from what I have seen here is no one have any claim to call anyone else a cultist, without first looking into the mirrow at their ownselves first. from what I have seen, this is not just general blind ignorance, no this is beyound that... this is entrenched disbelief, of one's onw bible beliefs, yes a cultist mentality, and apperantly they don't seen to notice it.

even the dedicated cultist in any denomination will one day will smell the coffee. but some, as one said, they see no coffee, they hear no coffee, and they speak no coffee, and surely ... above all, "they don't smell ..... ANY coffee."

when someone gets like this, yes, THEY, THEY, not them, the other guys, but YOU are the one who is a cultist who refuse to hear the truth.

just Keeping it real..... 101G,

PICJAG
I hear YOUR truth....

NEXT....

Status
Not open for further replies.