Perpetual virginity of Mary!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A stupid childish remark.
Polemical nonsense. BoL never said the Ark of the Old Covenant was FIGURATIVE. Any serious student of the Bible know that figurative and foreshadow (type) are not the same thing. If you are going to blindly object to biblical foreshadow of Mary in the OT, then logically, you must blindly object to biblical foreshadow of Jesus in the OT. This, of course, you would never do so your objections are illogical.
God's grace makes us holy and righteous, which you afford to everyone else, but downplay it when it comes to Jesus' mother. There is no such thing as "partially full" in Scripture. That is oxymoronic. Mary was/is an ordinary human being whose soul was prevented from inheriting original sin BY THE GRACE OF GOD, which you refuse to comprehend. God didn't HAVE TO do it that way, He CHOSE TO. Do you think God is too weak to do something like that?
By the way, you need to remove the flaming rules from the bottom of your posts if you aren't going to follow them.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's grace makes us holy and righteous, which you afford to everyone else, but downplay it when it comes to Jesus' mother
well thanks for the reply, second, a question, why uplay Mary's viriginity? I agree we all are holy, or at lest suppose to be, in Christ Jesus, which make Mary no different from anyone else.

and three, Mary is not the Lord Jesus biological mother, only his body that he came in is she the surrogate birth mother to it. so Mary have no higher status than any other human woman. she needs a saviour just as anyone else. she was only highly favored AMONG, and not ABOVE, favored as with many others that has been favored. so that's nothing new or special here. thank God for her, but nothing more.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Reactions: Renniks

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you refuse to listen. Duh.
How can I "refuse to listen" if you haven't presented ANYTHING??
You haven't presented a SHRED of evidence about Mary having other children yet you expect me to believe this as "Gospel truth".

NO WONDER why there are so many Protestant denominations . . .
No need to refute code ring theology.
The Bible isn't a secret code book.
And how would Mary being a figurative ark have anything to do with her virginity anyway?
We are all clay pots for the master if we obey. That doesn't make us perfect humans.
Sooooo - you reject all Biblical Types and Fulfillments as "code ring theology"??

You're reject the fact that Adam was a type of Jesus, who was the fulfillment??
You're reject the fact that Moses was a type of Jesus, who was the fulfillment??
You're reject the fact that Manna was a type of Jesus, who was the fulfillment??
You're reject the fact that Eliakim was a type of Peter, who was the fulfillment??

This is Bible Study 101. Only a person steeped in Scriptural ignorance would refer to it as "Code Ring Theology".

Reactions: Illuminator

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you are the one calling me arrogant...show me where I called anyone stupid like you and the other Catholic keep doing.
I never called you "stupid" - I called you ignorant of Scripture, because you ARE.
You keep insisting that Mary had other children - yet you can't show me where the BIBLE makes this claim.

And ANYBODY who refers to Biblical type and fulfillment as "Code Ring Theology" is as ignorant of Scripture as it gets . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, she was just as holy as the rest of us, probably more so than some. That doesn't' make her our advocate in heaven or a perfect human. Ya'll just keep ADDING stuff that isn't in scripture.
"Adding"?
Uhhhhh, you mean like YOUR claim that she had "other" children, even though Scripture doesn't say that??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well thanks for the reply, second, a question, why uplay Mary's viriginity? I agree we all are holy, or at lest suppose to be, in Christ Jesus, which make Mary no different from anyone else.

and three, Mary is not the Lord Jesus biological mother, only his body that he came in is she the surrogate birth mother to it. so Mary have no higher status than any other human woman. she needs a saviour just as anyone else. she was only highly favored AMONG, and not ABOVE, favored as with many others that has been favored. so that's nothing new or special here. thank God for her, but nothing more.

PICJAG
And now you inserted your other foot in your mouth . . .

Show me where the BIBLE states that Mary was "only a surrogate" and NOT the biological mother of Jesus.

Luke 1:31
And behold, YOU WILL CONCEIVE IN YOUR WOMB and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus.

You LOSE again . . .

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo - you reject all Biblical Types and Fulfillments as "code ring theology"??

You're reject the fact that Adam was a type of Jesus, who was the fulfillment??
You're reject the fact that Moses was a type of Jesus, who was the fulfillment??
You're reject the fact that Manna was a type of Jesus, who was the fulfillment??
You're reject the fact that Eliakim was a type of Peter, who was the fulfillment??
False equivocation.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adding"?
Uhhhhh, you mean like YOUR claim that she had "other" children, even though Scripture doesn't say that??
Only it says exactly that. It says Jesus had brothers and sisters. And yet you make up a story about those being Joseph's children only which scripture doesn't say...

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And ANYBODY who refers to Biblical type and fulfillment as "Code Ring Theology" is as ignorant of Scripture as it gets . .
You haven't shown any conclusive proof about types of Mary. Only suppositions. I can find Adam being a type of Christ spelled out in the nt.. different story.

DaChaser

Sep 10, 2020
Macomb Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only it says exactly that. It says Jesus had brothers and sisters. And yet you make up a story about those being Joseph's children only which scripture doesn't say...
Jose[h wa sonly married to Mary, so that would be their children!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's grace makes us holy and righteous...

The Willing; agree.

Mary was/is an ordinary human being

Agree.

whose soul was prevented from inheriting original sin BY THE GRACE OF GOD,

Supposed BY some, Based on What?

God didn't HAVE TO do it that way,

Nor did He.

He CHOSE TO. Do you think God is too weak to do something like that?

Your theory would be a Shame unto God.

1) First you claim Mary was an ordinary Human.
...all humans are shapened and naturally born in sin.

2) They you say Mary's Soul was excepted from original sin.

3) Then you give a challenge about the Power of God.

Scripture clearly reveals Mary's Virgin Womb, was selected BY God, to reveal the Son of man, to the World.

A Virgin womb - and - soul are not the same thing.

Changing the FACTS, does not result in a Truthful Conclusion!

Jesus revealed Heartful CONFESSION is how a soul IS Become MADE SAVED.

Scripture reveals numerous prominate named characters Revealing their CONFESSIONS.
(Including Mary)

Mary's CONFESSION: MADE: Soul Save

Luke 1
[38] And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
[46] And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
[47] And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Mary's Receiving; of Born Again SPIRIT:

Acts 1
[13] And when they ...Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.
[14] These...with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.
[15] ...(the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

Acts.2
[1] And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
[4] ...they were all filled with the Holy Ghost...

The Question IS:

IF Mary was Already Excepted from SIN as you claim...WHY Would Mary Participate in a Gathering Whereby the whole lot of them Gathered were Receiving a Born Again Spirit?

Thereby...putting the Lord To Open Shame?

Shaming the Lord...?
Really?
Do you NOT comprehend your Theory of Mary being Excepted From Sin...."BEFORE the SAVIOR was Born ON Earth..."
and Then Scripture Reveals "AFTER the Savior LEFT the Earth, Mary received a Born Again spirit"... would Be...a Shame unto the Lord, that His Saving and Quickening FAILED, and Required REPEATING?

And the Really Really Sad part of your adopted Theory of men:
Is making claims For a dead person...that the person never made for themselves, nor does Scripture and while thinking you are elevating that person, you are in fact cheapening the Truthful and Sufficiant memory regarding that person.

Mary was an ordinary human, who believed and was willing to serve her Lord God according to the manner she was called, and was blessed for her agreeing....just as were many other prominate figures in Scripture.

Heb 6
[6] If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Biological-
(of a member of a person's family) genetically related; related by blood.

John :1
[13] Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Glory to God,
Taken

DaChaser

Sep 10, 2020
Macomb Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Willing; agree.

Agree.

Supposed BY some, Based on What?

Nor did He.

Your theory would be a Shame unto God.

1) First you claim Mary was an ordinary Human.
...all humans are shapened and naturally born in sin.

2) They you say Mary's Soul was excepted from original sin.

3) Then you give a challenge about the Power of God.

Scripture clearly reveals Mary's Virgin Womb, was selected BY God, to reveal the Son of man, to the World.

A Virgin womb - and - soul are not the same thing.

Changing the FACTS, does not result in a Truthful Conclusion!

Jesus revealed Heartful CONFESSION is how a soul IS Become MADE SAVED.

Scripture reveals numerous prominate named characters Revealing their CONFESSIONS.
(Including Mary)

Mary's CONFESSION: MADE: Soul Save

Luke 1
[38] And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
[46] And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
[47] And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Mary's Receiving; of Born Again SPIRIT:

Acts 1
[13] And when they ...Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.
[14] These...with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.
[15] ...(the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

Acts.2
[1] And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
[4] ...they were all filled with the Holy Ghost...

The Question IS:

IF Mary was Already Excepted from SIN as you claim...WHY Would Mary Participate in a Gathering Whereby the whole lot of them Gathered were Receiving a Born Again Spirit?

Thereby...putting the Lord To Open Shame?

Shaming the Lord...?
Really?
Do you NOT comprehend your Theory of Mary being Excepted From Sin...."BEFORE the SAVIOR was Born ON Earth..."
and Then Scripture Reveals "AFTER the Savior LEFT the Earth, Mary received a Born Again spirit"... would Be...a Shame unto the Lord, that His Saving and Quickening FAILED, and Required REPEATING?

And the Really Really Sad part of your adopted Theory of men:
Is making claims For a dead person...that the person never made for themselves, nor does Scripture and while thinking you are elevating that person, you are in fact cheapening the Truthful and Sufficiant memory regarding that person.

Mary was an ordinary human, who believed and was willing to serve her Lord God according to the manner she was called, and was blessed for her agreeing....just as were many other prominate figures in Scripture.

Heb 6
[6] If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Glory to God,
Taken
The Virgin Birth did not require Mary to be sinless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Biological-
(of a member of a person's family) genetically related; related by blood.

John :1
[13] Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Glory to God,
Taken
That refers to Christian baptism Jesus is the only child of Mary

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And now you inserted your other foot in your mouth . . .

Show me where the BIBLE states that Mary was "only a surrogate" and NOT the biological mother of Jesus.

Luke 1:31
And behold, YOU WILL CONCEIVE IN YOUR WOMB and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus.

You LOSE again . . .
how ignorant can one be, Jesus is Spirit, who formed Mary in her mother's womb. look, no woman can give life to a spirit... lol, a woman can only birth fleh and blood.... how ignorant can one be.

what's CONCEIVE in the womb is flesh and blood, not spirit.. hello, hello... the spirit is given by God. and when we die, gues where yuou, your, ... (smile), his spirit go? yes, our spirts return to the one who gave it.

now, lets get scripture, Hebrews 10:5 "Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:" READ THAT AGAIN IN ORDER TO GET THAT NONESENSE OUT OF YOUR HEAD.

Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

the son is not "born"... lol, lol, lol. my Gos when will they ever learn.

now one more. Luke 1:35 "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing, (thing, here means flesh), which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God".

what's born... flesh shall be called the "Son of God", but the "Son of Man is Given and not born....... lol.

now did you notice that word, "overshadow" it's the Greek word,
G1982 ἐπισκιάζω episkiazo (ep-ee-skee-ad'-zo) v.
1. to cast a shade upon
2. (by analogy) to envelop in a haze of brilliancy
3. (figuratively) to invest with preternatural influence

do you know what, "preternatural influence" means? guess not, the word meaning here, not in the natural way of conception between a man and a women.lets put this in layman terms. the Lord Jesus don't have maw, (Mother, biologically speaking), nor a maw maw... (smile)... lol. nor do he a paw, (father, biologically speaking), nor a paw paw... :D YIKES. without mother, and without father.....

now look at that definition again, 3. (figuratively) to invest with preternatural influence.

see, Mary is not the biological mother, she only the "BIRTH" mother...... :rolleyes: meaning she only a surrogate mother, WHICH ANY WOMAN COULD HAVE BEEN. so there was nothing special about Mary, only chosen by God to do a work. so U need to be about God's business. and that business could be, (Good, like us, or Evil like the devil).... (smile).

now, get you foot again out of your mouth, because a. it's unheathy, and b. unnatural. and .... c. study more with the Holy Ghost.... ok. no put down, just factual observation.

bottonline, know the difference between the a. the Son of God, and b. the Son of man. for the Son of man didn't come out of Mary, but the Son of God did. ... checkmate. now say difference... (smile).

PICJAG

Status
Not open for further replies.