Perry Stone Talks Rapture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

avoice

May 17, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[/size]
The timing of the 'rapture' a salvation issue? Nah.
[/b][/size]
Nah.

Salvation is based upon believing in the Savior Jesus/God. Not the timing of the 'rapture'. Unless you think we must have perfect doctrine to be saved?
That was my point if you believe in Christ Rapture doesnt matter ... But if you believe in a lie (rapture) and it turns out to be false you are subject to it being used against you ..... So only then does it become a matter of salvation ...

Timing does matter because if you do not know antichrist comes first and what he will be doing you will be in danger of falling under the delusion God allows upon the entire world because they believe lie

mckerras

Aug 25, 2011
Escape all these things?
KJV Luke 21:34-36 Take heed, yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with the surfeit and cares of this life, so that the Day comes upon you unawares. For as a snare, it will come on all those that dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch, ye, therefore and pray always that you may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass and so stand before the Son of Man.​
NIV Be careful or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation and the anxieties and that Day will close on you unexpectedly, like a trap. For it will come upon all those who live on the face of the whole earth. Be always on the watch and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.​
NET Be on your guard, so that your hearts are not weighed down with dissipation and the worries of this life and that Day close down on you like a trap. For it will overtake all who live on the face of the earth. But stay alert at all times, praying that you may have the strength to escape all these things that must happen and to stand before the Son of Man.​
REB Be on your guard, do not let your minds be dulled by dissipation and worldly cares, so that the great Day catches you suddenly, like a trap. For that Day will come upon everyone, the whole world over. Be on the alert, praying at all times for the strength to pass through all that is coming and to stand in the presence of the Son of Man.​

My comments: This interesting Bible passage requires careful examination. It is obvious that it refers to the great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath – the next prophesied event, then eventually, how we will stand in the Presence of Jesus.
We are informed that ALL who live on the earth will experience this coming Day. Only those who are ‘accounted worthy’ or ‘have the strength’, will ‘pass (safely) through’ or ‘escape all these things’, ‘that shall come to pass’ or ‘that must happen’.
So, this great Day of vengeance and wrath, will happen and judging by the current world situation, especially in the Middle East, that may be quite soon.
This Day ‘will come upon everyone on earth’, so it is incorrect to say that it is possible to ‘escape all these things’. We will not be ‘raptured’, or taken to a ‘place of safety’ on that Day. We are told to pray for strength and stay alert during this terrifying time. Before it happens, in the short time that we have left of the present dispensation, we ‘must not let worldly cares weigh us down’, so that the Day does not catch us without fore warning and unprepared. If you know what is coming, you are not shocked and terrified, you make preparations, you stay calm, trusting in God to keep you safe. Isaiah 30:15
To recap: many prophesies speak of this great and terrible Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath, which will come suddenly and unexpectedly upon the whole world. What best fits the descriptions?
Nuclear explosions? No, because even a large bomb only destroys up to a certain radius.​
Comet strike? Possible, as that would cause worldwide effects. This will happen during the Tribulation period. Revelation 8:8-11.​
Coronal mass ejection? Yes, a massive CME fits all the prophecies and does not leave radiation.​
Isaiah 30:26a....the sun will shine with seven times its usual brightness.....
No other explanation that a CME can be inferred from that prophecy. But then;​
Isaiah 30:26b... on the Day Y’hovah heals His people....​
The promise is given that on this Day, Y’hovah will save and protect His righteous people.​
Joel 3:16 The Lord roars from Zion and thunders from Jerusalem, so that the heaven and the earth shudder, but He is a refuge for His people, a defence for Israel.
Read Psalm 107 for encouragement. Bruce McKerras​

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
That was my point if you believe in Christ Rapture doesnt matter ... But if you believe in a lie (rapture) and it turns out to be false you are subject to it being used against you ..... So only then does it become a matter of salvation ...

Timing does matter because if you do not know antichrist comes first and what he will be doing you will be in danger of falling under the delusion God allows upon the entire world because they believe lie
Christians are not going to worship the AntiChrist or take the Mark, regardless of what they believe about the 'rapture'.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I really wish that were true. Yet, I'm a realist, and thus the five foolish virgins that Jesus shuts the door upon demands I be a realist.
Those who are "striving" to enter God's Kingdom will be well aware. Those who are not striving will be the "foolish virgins".

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
Christians are not going to worship the AntiChrist or take the Mark, regardless of what they believe about the 'rapture'.

Certainly the great "falling away" will have several drivers, including the inability to buy and sell, and possibly disappointment over no "rapture". (Ref. 2 Thess. 2:3)

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
I really wish that were true. Yet, I'm a realist, and thus the five foolish virgins that Jesus shuts the door upon demands I be a realist.

i'm sorry, but the parable of the foolish virgins has nothing to do with believing the rapture. even the idea is silly.

TWC

Dec 1, 2008
i'm sorry, but the parable of the foolish virgins has nothing to do with believing the rapture. even the idea is silly.
The parable deals with preparedness in the end times. It's quite relevant to the subject.

Be prepared to stay.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
good advice TWC. i'm prepared to stay. as a matter of fact i think about living to see the tribulation start almost daily.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
good advice TWC. i'm prepared to stay. as a matter of fact i think about living to see the tribulation start almost daily.

Hi Teamventure,

According to the evidence in the Prophetic Psalms, we have approximately 3 1/2 years until that start. But it might be wise to prepare our households (spiritual and physical), for the times are becoming increasingly more difficult.

BibleScribe

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
i don't mean to say that i expect the trib to start tommorrow just that i think about the end times daily. like, watching israel and fulfilled prophecy.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The MAIN warning our Lord Jesus gave about the last days, pointing to the time of the tribulation, was to not allow man to deceive us. That was Paul's main warning in 2 Thess.2 with the "strong delusion".

In BOTH of those Matt.24 and 2 Thess.2 Scriptures, the subject of a false one coming to play God is given as a warning.

So just HOW are you going to prepare yourself against falling into temptation to bowing in worship to a false god, if you don't first know who to expect that comes? I tell you, many brethren will not be able to tell the difference, and will flee to the coming false messiah in thinking he is our Lord Jesus Christ.

That's what the extra vessel of Oil is about that the five foolish virgins didn't have.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
many will be decieved and if possible even the elect. but to think people will be decieved soley because of their belief about the rapture is assinine.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
many will be decieved and if possible even the elect. but to think people will be decieved soley because of their belief about the rapture is assinine.

Actually, I would propose that if (and I would most strongly suggest "when") the rapture fails to occur, some will realize they cannot buy and sell. And in the panic of not being able to provide for their families, MANY will join the one-world-system. (Please note that only "some" will be persuaded by a false "tribulation-rapture" doctrine, but MANY will simply elect to work and eat.)

And those who are persuaded to join cannot enter the Millennial Kingdom, but shall be tormented for eternity. (Rev. 14:9-11)

So if this is accurate, then shouldn't we be more responsible in assessing the TRUE rapture event? For teachers are held to a higher standard because they can hold the keys to an individual's eternal destiny.

BibleScribe

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
logically if the rapture doesn't occur, many will take the mark of the beast because they cannot buy or sell. however, the reason for taking the mark wouldn't be because they believed in the rapture doctrine.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
The MAIN warning our Lord Jesus gave about the last days, pointing to the time of the tribulation, was to not allow man to deceive us. That was Paul's main warning in 2 Thess.2 with the "strong delusion".

In BOTH of those Matt.24 and 2 Thess.2 Scriptures, the subject of a false one coming to play God is given as a warning.

So just HOW are you going to prepare yourself against falling into temptation to bowing in worship to a false god, if you don't first know who to expect that comes? I tell you, many brethren will not be able to tell the difference, and will flee to the coming false messiah in thinking he is our Lord Jesus Christ.

That's what the extra vessel of Oil is about that the five foolish virgins didn't have.

the foolish virgins are the ones who missed the rapture becuase they weren't prepared to go. if the rapture happened today, would you want to go?

the bridegroom is coming. be ready for him and keep oil for your lamps.

TWC

Dec 1, 2008
I guess I'll never understand why so many people interpret scripture through doctrines that aren't clearly stated in the Bible. The previous chapter clearly states that the coming of the Son of Man occurs after the tribulation. There's no fancy interpretation there. Those are the actual words written in the book.

If there is to be a pretribulation rapture, why is it not specifically mentioned in the Bible when all the other events are?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Amen. And that is where those who insist that the timing of the 'rapture' is a matter of salvation do err, extremely. The timing of the 'rapture' is not a matter of salvation. We are either ready for His return or we are not.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
the foolish virgins are the ones who missed the rapture becuase they weren't prepared to go. if the rapture happened today, would you want to go?

the bridegroom is coming. be ready for him and keep oil for your lamps.

Firstly, once again, there is no such word as 'rapture' in The Bible. And I already well know just 'where' those in Christ will be gathered, and it ain't away from this earth, which is how men's doctrines apply that word 'rapture'.

And secondly, Christ's second coming and the gathering to Him is not an event that can occur at 'any moment', which is the idea you're suggesting, which also comes from the Pre-trib school.

Christ gave the signs leading up to His return in His Word, for... His servants who remain Faithful to Him AND to His Word. That's what keeping the patience of His Word is about.

If you DON'T KNOW the signs Christ gave to be watching, then you are NOT watching.