Perry Stone Talks Rapture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Firstly, once again, there is no such word as 'rapture' in The Bible. And I already well know just 'where' those in Christ will be gathered, and it ain't away from this earth, which is how men's doctrines apply that word 'rapture'.

And secondly, Christ's second coming and the gathering to Him is not an event that can occur at 'any moment', which is the idea you're suggesting, which also comes from the Pre-trib school.

Christ gave the signs leading up to His return in His Word, for... His servants who remain Faithful to Him AND to His Word. That's what keeping the patience of His Word is about.

If you DON'T KNOW the signs Christ gave to be watching, then you are NOT watching.
Gee Vet, are you really saying that you don't know what is meant by 'the rapture'?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word rapture isn't in the bible .... But caught up is!

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
i was just giving another enterpretation of the 10 virgins parable because i found yours to be a stretch veteran. that's all. if there is no rapture, i will be ready and waiting. so yes, i am watching and ready.

to accuse others of not watching is simply judgemental.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
i was just giving another enterpretation of the 10 virgins parable because i found yours to be a stretch veteran. that's all. if there is no rapture, i will be ready and waiting. so yes, i am watching and ready.

to accuse others of not watching is simply judgemental.

Well, let's talk about why you might think what I said about the five foolish virgins is a "stretch".

Have you not understood why our Lord Jesus gave the idea of 'virgins' to represent His servants?

Have you considered our Lord Jesus could have been pulling that virgin metaphor from other Scripture examples?

As regards the time of Christ's coming and our 'gathering', if one does not understand the signs He gave for us to be watching, then those are not watching. That's not an accusation; it's simple truth. Just believing our Lord Jesus is going to return and gather us is not watching those signs He gave that lead up to His coming.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
well stated veteran. for the sake of discusion could you explain some of the signs?

wars and rumors of wars? ect..

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my video on the church ages, rapture, second coming, Daniel and the book of Revelations I quoted Isaac Newton as saying...

“It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." –Isaac Newton

Jesus says...

[sup]32[/sup]But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
[sup]33[/sup]Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. - Mark 13:32,33

It may be interesting to put together a timeline and a study... And then label onself as Pre- Mid- or Post- Trib... But in reality only the Father knows. So we are merely speculating over the beliefs we have established over the years. Since, the Holy Spirit does not know of that day his work is to prepare the Saints to be as a bride for Christ. And to keep us pure, unblemished, and holy in the midst of an evil world.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
In my video on the church ages, rapture, second coming, Daniel and the book of Revelations I quoted Isaac Newton as saying...

“It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." –Isaac Newton

Jesus says...

[sup]32[/sup]But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
[sup]33[/sup]Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is. - Mark 13:32,33

It may be interesting to put together a timeline and a study... And then label onself as Pre- Mid- or Post- Trib... But in reality only the Father knows. So we are merely speculating over the beliefs we have established over the years. Since, the Holy Spirit does not know of that day his work is to prepare the Saints to be as a bride for Christ. And to keep us pure, unblemished, and holy in the midst of an evil world.

Oh no it's not speculation at all! It's not only the father that knows when the gathering happens. His Son Jesus did too and he told us all about it. He said it would happen "immediately after the tribulation of those days." You've read it a zillion times in Mathew 24 but just can't accept it!

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
I guess I'll never understand why so many people interpret scripture through doctrines that aren't clearly stated in the Bible. The previous chapter clearly states that the coming of the Son of Man occurs after the tribulation. There's no fancy interpretation there. Those are the actual words written in the book.

If there is to be a pretribulation rapture, why is it not specifically mentioned in the Bible when all the other events are?

Hey TWC,

You're exactly correct. In fact, where Scripture says that the "dead" arise first, it also says the "dead" are not raised until the end of the Millennial Kingdom. So that should place the "rapture" when?!?!? :)

But urban legends, mythology, wishful thinking, and ignorance often blind what is so plain to see. :wacko:
BibleScribe

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

Jesus says...

Let's see, Sir Isaac Newton... or my Lord Jesus Christ in His Word... WHO do I listen to? Hmm....

Who can tell me what great event took place upon Christ's disciples in between the timing of these two verses?

1Thes 5:1-2
1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
(KJV)

Acts 1:7
7 And He said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in His Own power.
(KJV)

Hey TWC,

You're exactly correct. In fact, where Scripture says that the "dead" arise first, it also says the "dead" are not raised until the end of the Millennial Kingdom. So that should place the "rapture" when?!?!? :)

But urban legends, mythology, wishful thinking, and ignorance often blind what is so plain to see. :wacko:
BibleScribe

I don't see anywhere in TWC's words suggesting Paul said anything about raising of the dead after Christ's future thousand years reign.

well stated veteran. for the sake of discusion could you explain some of the signs?

wars and rumors of wars? ect..

See Rev.6:3-4.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
If there is to be a pretribulation rapture, why is it not specifically mentioned in the Bible when all the other events are?

Hey TWC,

BibleScribe

I don't see anywhere in TWC's words suggesting Paul said anything about raising of the dead after Christ's future thousand years reign.

Veteran, you're just arguing to argue. Didn't I simply say that TWC was correct? Isn't that TRUE? So why do you distort the record? Are your doctrines so frail that you have to act like a democrat? :p

The fact is, I provided TWO (count them) thoughts. The first is the acknowledgment of TWC's perfectly stated observation. The second was that Scripture does indeed specifically define the rapture sequence, -- and it ain't pre-, mid-, or post- tribulation. It's post Millennial Kingdom.

But apparently Scripture doesn't match your doctrine, and in your hierarchy of importance I would observe it's ~ doctrine~, ~scripture~, and then ~Newton~. :lol:

BibleScribe

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh no it's not speculation at all! It's not only the father that knows when the gathering happens. His Son Jesus did too and he told us all about it. He said it would happen "immediately after the tribulation of those days." You've read it a zillion times in Mathew 24 but just can't accept it!

And the verse before "immediately after the tribulation of those days." goes like...

"For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. "

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hey TWC,

BibleScribe

What you said above suggests the so-called 'rapture' at "the end of the Millennial Kingdom", you're own idea. You may have been being sarcastic with that, but I see no reason to confuse the issue any greater with those who don't know the time of the gathering to Christ Jesus.

And the verse before "immediately after the tribulation of those days." goes like...

"For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. "

And so??

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you said above suggests the so-called 'rapture' at "the end of the Millennial Kingdom", you're own idea. You may have been being sarcastic with that, but I see no reason to confuse the issue any greater with those who don't know the time of the gathering to Christ Jesus.

And so??

Metaphors... Eagles... The Angels... The Carcass... Your sorry hide.

Or to put in the everyday vernacular... The rapture...

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Metaphors... Eagles... The Angels... The Carcass... Your sorry hide.

Or to put in the everyday vernacular... The rapture...

I think you well know by now, that dead 'carcase' metaphor Christ gave is NOT about any gathering of His to Him, but a gathering of the deceived to the false one and his.

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA

You're just arguing to argue. I said what I said to TWC, and added what I added to the conversation. If that confuses you, then I suggest that you s t a r t r e a d i n g s l o w e r . :)

BibleScribe

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
So no one can tell me the timeline difference between these two verses, and what happened in between their given times?

1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
(KJV)

7 And He said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in His Own power.
(KJV)

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
So no one can tell me the timeline difference between these two verses, and what happened in between their given times?

(KJV)

(KJV)

I would have thought every believer that's read through the New Testament Books would know this. The major event that happened in between the given times of those two verses was the giving of The Holy Spirit Comforter That would teach us all things.

This is why Paul noted those Thessalonians knew the times and the seasons of Christ's coming, because The Holy Spirit had showed them per God's Word. But prior to Christ's Ascension, The Holy Spirit was not received yet.

This was what Jesus was pointing to in the Acts 1:4-5 verses...
Acts 1:4-5
4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith He, ye have heard of Me.
5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
(KJV)