Perseverance : of the Saints

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is where we disagree... This is the great error of Protestantism that has led to endless denominationalism.... calling all believers saints. God's army consists of the saints, His bride is distinct from that.
All of those in Christ are saints.

Reactions: amigo de christo

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the great error of Protestantism... this is the indoctrination i speak about, this is the protestant "dogma" if you will that is so ingrained in all sides of Protestantism that they are blind to it. This is a teaching of men (Luther and Calvin among others). It was a reactionary doctrine to the false and corrupt veneration of the saints and paying indulgences to the saints of the catholic church. In throwing out the dirty bathwater, the reformers threw out the "baby" therein.

I Challenge you to find me the verse that says "all those in Christ are saints".... The saints are chosen by God from amongst the faithful.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You gave scriptures but didn't understand them. You misconstrued Paul's letter to the Ephesians for instance.
I Misconstrued Paul who himself distinguishes between the faithful and the saints in all his writings? How can you take up a collection for the saints if all the faithful are the saints, for example?

Do me a favor, I say this not to insult you, but instead of leaning on your own understanding, (Proverbs 3:5-6) Seek the truth (Jesus is the truth).... That simple shift of perspective will allow you to find the truth and be taught by the Spirit of Truth as you study scripture. It will also make this conversation fruitful if you wish to continue.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is basically only three gospel

1. Faith plus works
2. Easy believism or licentiousness
3. Grace through faith apart from works.

Take every denomination there is, and they all fit under one of these three gospels..
If one has FAITH in JESUS CHRIST then they are created unto good works .
IF the faith is lip service or faith in another jesus , well THEY AINT saved .
IT is soley and i do repeat SOLEY by grace ye are saved , FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST .
but if one sayeth His name and cliams to have faith in HIM and yet walks in sin and has not works
WELL THEY AINT HIS . We may now return to the original post . OH wait
i must leave us with a reminder some already know , BUTS ITS STILL GOOD TO HEAR IT .
There is but one true gospel , any other AINT NO GOSPEL . its a delusoin of men and it wont save either .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I Misconstrued Paul who himself distinguishes between the faithful and the saints in all his writings? How can you take up a collection for the saints if all the faithful are the saints, for example?

Do me a favor, I say this not to insult you, but instead of leaning on your own understanding, (Proverbs 3:5-6) Seek the truth (Jesus is the truth).... That simple shift of perspective will allow you to find the truth and be taught by the Spirit of Truth as you study scripture. It will also make this conversation fruitful if you wish to continue.
You keep mentioning the faithful...who are they?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one has FAITH in JESUS CHRIST then they are created unto good works .
IF the faith is lip service or faith in another jesus , well THEY AINT saved .
IT is soley and i do repeat SOLEY by grace ye are saved , FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST .
but if one sayeth His name and cliams to have faith in HIM and yet walks in sin and has not works
WELL THEY AINT HIS . We may now return to the original post . OH wait
i must leave us with a reminder some already know , BUTS ITS STILL GOOD TO HEAR IT .
There is but one true gospel , any other AINT NO GOSPEL . its a delusoin of men and it wont save either .
Faith minus works is the third option.

They are just as guilty of sin as the first one, faith plus works..

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IN CHRIST . yep . yet many who even claim HIS NAME are not IN HIM or OF HIM .
That be a very sad fact too . those who are IN CHRIST dont embrace certain sins , following another jesus
or another gospel . Yep . But all IN CHRIST are SAINTS INDEED . on that you said truly .
Now , its time to lift those hands and let the glorious LORD be praised .

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the great error of Protestantism... this is the indoctrination i speak about, this is the protestant "dogma" if you will that is so ingrained in all sides of Protestantism that they are blind to it. This is a teaching of men (Luther and Calvin among others). It was a reactionary doctrine to the false and corrupt veneration of the saints and paying indulgences to the saints of the catholic church. In throwing out the dirty bathwater, the reformers threw out the "baby" therein.

I Challenge you to find me the verse that says "all those in Christ are saints".... The saints are chosen by God from amongst the faithful.
No passages speak about God choosing saints from among the faithful.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep mentioning the faithful...who are they?
The faithful , are the saints . Or they aint saints . as you probably already know .
I seen his teaching . like there were two groups , the faithful AND the saints . NOPE .
THE FAITHFUL are the saints and the saints are the FAITHFUL . they FOLLOW THE LAMB .
Now , its time yet again to PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD .

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The faithful , are the saints . Or they aint saints . as you probably already know .
I seen his teaching . like there were two groups , the faithful AND the saints . NOPE .
THE FAITHFUL are the saints and the saints are the FAITHFUL . they FOLLOW THE LAMB .
Now , its time yet again to PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD .
Praise the Lord.

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Within christedom there are two groups . The saints who are faithful , these follow the Lamb and TRUST IN HIM .
The other group are the aints , these lip his name but their heart is far from him and trust in contrary men .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Within christedom there are two groups . The saints who are faithful , these follow the Lamb and TRUST IN HIM .
The other group are the aints , these lip his name but their heart is far from him and trust in contrary men .
So, the ones who lip serve.

Are not truly Born of God....is that what you are saying?

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is all getting very confusing.

Are you saying The saints are chosen by God from amongst the faithful.

If you are, please explain?
What does you first sentence say . You wrote to david and said , THIS IS ALL getting what ................CONFUSING .
IS GOD the author of confusion .
NOPE . men are .
The saints ARE THE FAITHFUL . its plain and simple if we read the bible .
but men always come along who often through their own doctrines make it CONFUSING . always remember that .
THE WISDOM that cometh of GOD is FIRST PURE , peaceable , easy to be entreated .
ITS MEN who make things confusing .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, the ones who lip serve.

Are not truly Born of God....is that what you are saying?
YES . just like i once was . OH i could lip HIS name , but i loved my sin and walked in darkness .
I was NOT born again .
But many years later , by grace i would be . I would be truly drawn to CHRIST , MY HEART CHANGED .
That be THE KEY to a true conversion . THE HEART .
You see I did not draw me to CHRIST , I DID NOT CHANGE MY HEART . GOD DID . OH YES .
i once was a lipper who had NO HEART for HIM . PRAISE GOD for his UNSPEAKABLE MERCY and WONDEROUS
LIFE saving and LIFE CHANGING grace . HE who is born again is born of TRUTH , OF THE SPIRIT .
But many still do as i once did . they can lip his name but follow another jesus , the one who feeds the flesh . THAT ONE CANNOT SAVE .