Philippians 2:12

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul says it as one with authority as an apostle; and it is a practice to be followed. He gives the order of creation and the fact that Eve was deceived rather than Adam as the reasoning behind his practice. Since the reasoning is based on something all the way back in Genesis, we ought to heed his teaching on the matter.

Think whatever makes you feel puffed up. Right or wrong. ROFL

I'm going to bed.

Reactions: ScottA

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
G'night!

I hope waking up in the morning changes your attitude for the better.

Proverbs 1:
Wisdom calls aloud outside;
She raises her voice in the open squares.
21 She cries out in the chief concourses,
At the openings of the gates in the city
She speaks her words:
22 “How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity?
For scorners delight in their scorning,
And
fools hate knowledge.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul says it as one with authority as an apostle; and it is a practice to be followed. He gives the order of creation and the fact that Eve was deceived rather than Adam as the reasoning behind his practice. Since the reasoning is based on something all the way back in Genesis, we ought to heed his teaching on the matter, even as something that has eternal value.
Could it just be that Paul was stating that no man should have Spiritual authority over another mans wife?
G'night!

I hope waking up in the morning changes your attitude for the better.
do you believe you have authority over men’s wives?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

This thread was derailed on page one, and an OSAS debate begun, mingled with faith versus works. So this is no longer my thread. I have no desire to take part in either debate, for they simply go around in circles.

* In closing his gospel narrative, the Apostle John said these words:-

'And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of His disciples,
which are not written in this book:
But these are written,
that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God;
and that believing ye might have life through His Name.'

(John 20:30)

* The following question was made to the Lord Jesus Christ, and His answer is so simple:-

'Then said they unto Him,
"What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?"
Jesus answered and said unto them,
"This is the work of God, that ye believe on Him whom He hath sent."'

(John 6:28-29)

* The message of our Lord is clear and easy to be understood, so that even a child may understand it.

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As far as I am concerned this thread is closed,
for it has degenerated into the personality clashing and doctrinal wrangling, that characterise so many threads.

My daughter took a look at this forum recently, and said that having read the content of just one thread, if she were not a believer already, there would be no way that she would want to be one after reading through it. How bad is that!!!

Why are we not all sitting at His feet, as little children before their Father? Discussing the Word we hear and delighting in it. Responding in love and grace to each other, and rejoicing in our mutual salvation? Showing forth His loveliness, not our own inflated ego's, drawing forth scorn and seeking to humiliate a differing voice.

- What have we done to His Word?
- What have we done to His Name in the eyes of those who witness what we say and the way that we say it?
- What neon god are we erecting?

* Die to self and come alive unto God!

In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Last edited:

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
You are equating grace with work, and that doesn't seem right to me.

God's grace was the saving of Noah's house, and that grace was given through Noah's work of building the ark. Is this what you are asserting? If that's not correct please let me know.

God required Noah's obedience (build the ark) in order to receive grace (saving of his house). No one capriciously unconditionally receives God's grace, only those that conditionally obedy receives mercy from God.

marks said:
My understanding is that as Noah "found grace in the eyes of the Lord", this is that God would save Noah. God told Noah about the impending flood, and how to survive it. So Noah built his ark.

Noah and his house would NOT have been saved had he rebelled against God and not built the ark.

Noah built the ark UNTO the saving of his house, building the ark was in order to save his house. He did not build the ark because his house was already saved from a flood that had not yet occurred.

marks said:
Just like the Law covenant which has permeated so much of the church.

God offered the Israelites a covenant, a trade off of blessings and cursing in return for obedience or disobedience. And included in that covenant was God's grace to them, the sacrifices. Instead of dying under God's condemnation, God told them what to do to survive.

In each case they trusted Him. Noah built his boat, the priests offered the sacrifices. All work.

There is not a single example in the Bible of a disobedient, rebellious person receiving God's grace, mercy. Many verses as Jeremih 18:8-10 show that receiving mercy is CONDITIONAL upon obedience to God's will.

marks said:
Now, God's grace to us, that brings salvation, is God pointing us to Jesus, and the work He did. He offered the sacrifice, not us. He built the Ark, not us. His work, not ours.

If we have to maintain by works the salvation we obtained for free, than we will have our works to say, "I did it. I've kept the works up right up to the end and now I'm here because of me."

But the Lord Alone will be exalted in that day.

And to that end, He declares that salvation is of faith, not of works, so everyone can have equal access, and so that no one can boast and say they did it better than others.

Much love!

Hebrews 2:10 Jesus tasted death for every man yet every man will not be saved for every man will not obey Christ (Hebrews 5:9).
Christ's death provided a path to salvation for man but it is up to man to obediently take that path. If Christ built the ark for man, as you say, then it is up to man to obediently board that ark to be saved.

"And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" Jesus is the Lord of those who do what He says.

Obedience to God's will is works of merit (Eph 2:9), for obedience does not earn salvation as proven by Noah's work in building the ark in order to receive grace not earn grace.

Paul's point in ROmans 6 is that grace alone does not save, that is, since Christians are saved by grace does not give the Christian the right to sin. Therefore the Christian must have "obedience UNTO righteousness" else he is serving "sin unto death" Romans 6:16. Therefore grace and obedience go hand in hand.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as I am concerned this thread is closed,
for it has degenerated into the personality clashing and doctrinal wrangling, that characterise so many threads.

My daughter took a look at this forum recently, and said that having read the content of just one thread, if she were not a believer already, there would be no way that she would want to be one after reading through it. How bad is that!!!

Why are we not all sitting at His feet, as little children before their Father? Discussing the Word we hear and delighting in it. Responding in love and grace to each other, and rejoicing in our mutual salvation? Showing forth His loveliness, not our own inflated ego's, drawing forth scorn and seeking to humiliate a differing voice.

- What have we done to His Word?
- What have we done to His Name in the eyes of those who witness what we say and the way that we say it?
- What neon god are we erecting?

* Die to self and come alive unto God!

In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

This is why forums do not take the place of Christian fellowship or church. A forum invites discussion on doctrines that are contradictory one to the other. Some so contradictory that they are heretical.

Plus, you have people aplenty who are not born-again Christians and who seek to undermine the Word of God. Thus interaction with them will be unlike what you are describing a Christian should be.

I have always said a forum is no place for a new believer. They will be more confused than ever. Which is why the unbelievers like to come here. To so seeds of doubt and confusion.

I'm sure there are forums which are more closely moderated than this one. But even there, I here the same complaint also.

Stranger

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods

In Scripture? Where? Let's look at the passage.

Much love!
There were Christians in Galatian that had fallen from grace, they became lost, no longer a new creature in Christ as in Hebrews 6:6 there were those who had fallen away. (See also 2 Peter 2)

What happens in the natural, physical realm does not always coincide with the spiritual realm as one's spiritual father can change but not one's physical father.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 1:
Wisdom calls aloud outside;
She raises her voice in the open squares.
21 She cries out in the chief concourses,
At the openings of the gates in the city
She speaks her words:
22 “How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity?
For scorners delight in their scorning,
And
fools hate knowledge.
You are certainly not scorning me in the quoting of this proverb.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could it just be that Paul was stating that no man should have Spiritual authority over another mans wife?
The statement is actually in the opposite direction....that no woman should teach or usurp/have spiritual authority over any man.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The statement is actually in the opposite direction....that no woman should teach or usurp/have spiritual authority over any man.

You are carnally minded and insecure, so, of course, you are not seeking the truth, but what fits your own dark pleasure and solace. So I forgive you.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are carnally minded and insecure, so, of course, you are not seeking the truth, but what fits your own dark pleasure and solace. So I forgive you.
Okay, I forgive you too (for the insults).

Except, I forgot, it is impossible for you that you should sin. So you don't need forgiveness.

I forgive you anyway.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The words of our Lord:

Mat 7:3, And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:4, Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:5, Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I forgive you too (for the insults).

Except, I forgot, it is impossible for you that you should sin. So you don't need forgiveness.

I forgive you anyway.

Well, I didn't hate you or murder you, so, I still didn't willfully commit a sin of lawlessness which is a sin unto death. Sins unto death are what a born again of the Spirit Christian cannot do. You see in 1 John 3:4 we see the subject that 1 John 3:9 cannot do. What you and I did were trespasses. They are not sins unto death, in fact we were both trying to teach the other the Word of God so had best intentions. And maybe a little false pride. :) Our schoolmaster, the Law shows us the difference in no uncertain terms. There were no sacrifices that even "covered" sins unto death such as breaking any of the Ten Commandments (even honoring your parents). Anyone breaking a commandment were stoned to death. But there are offerings and sacrifices for unintentional sins and trespasses. Leviticus 5:15 and Numbers 15:22-36 shows the sacrifice for unintentional sins, but keep reading to 36, you see a man breaking the Sabbath and they stoned him to death.

Even though we are not under the law IF you are baptized in the Holy Spirit (have you been? It's important. Its not just by faith, it is a definite experience - PM me if you want help), the Old Testament is full of learning how God views things like sin. It is not "sin is sin" - some sin is unpardonable.

I'm glad you forgave me, and I you. We are now cleansed of them according to the promise of the Father. Matthew 6:14-15

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The words of our Lord:

Mat 7:3, And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:4, Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:5, Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Believe me I am very humble when it comes to the Lord. There was another "gentlemen" who tried hog-tying me and pouring 1 Timothy 4 and 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 down my throat like acid, so I really sought the Lord in tears one night. Out of nowhere immediately God downloaded (today's talk for receiving a prophecy forthcoming from the Lord) a prophecy about the truth of those words to Timothy, especially, and the misplaced verses in 1 Cor. 14, even being in the New Testament. So I accept the Truth straight from God. And He dried my tears. He is the one that spoke to me and told me He was giving me the office of teacher with the gift of prophecy. I was driving to California in 2001 for a conference so I stopped at Church on the Way and spoke to Jack Hayford about it, and he and Scott Bauer took me into a side room and anointed me with oil and prayed over me. My whole desire is to know exactly what each verse means by the Author, whether God, or Paul in some cases when he prefaces the word "I".

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It's impossible for a spirit child of God to be "unborn" from God. Can you become "unborn" from your father and mother?

Either you are their child or you are not. Either you are His child or you are not.

Much love!
Well, exactly.

John 3 nowhere teaches that notion of becoming supposedly unborn.