Philippians 2:12

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(No where does it say the blood of Jesus merely covers our sin.)

It does say it...basically in Romans 4:7. It is not mere covering; but mighty forgiveness (and justification)!

The taking away of our sins is sanctification...the fulness of which is a second benefit (2 Corinthians 1:15).

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does say it...basically in Romans 4:7. It is not mere covering; but mighty forgiveness (and justification)!

Romans 4 is in the middle of Paul's 8 chapter long teaching on the Law, Sin and finally Spirit. Romans 1 through 8.

Its a Psalm of David.

Romans 4
6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:

7 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven,
And whose sins are covered;
8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin.”

Psalms 32:
Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven,
Whose sin is covered.
2 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord does not impute iniquity,
And in whose spirit there is no deceit.

3 When I kept silent, my bones grew old
Through my groaning all the day long.
4 For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me;
My vitality was turned into the drought of summer. Selah
5 I acknowledged my sin to You,
And my iniquity I have not hidden.
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,”
And You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah

The taking away of our sins is sanctification...the fulness of which is a second benefit (2 Corinthians 1:15).

No, it is justification, backed immediately by sanctification. Our sins are taken away, and we are immediately set apart (sanctification) unto God. But it all stems from true repentance whereby Jesus gives us His Spirit to enable us to walk in the Spirit.

What you have been taught is the lie that we will always sin, we will always be in the flesh, and we will never be free from sin until we reach heaven. HERESY, and a slap in the face to our powerful God who takes away our sin nature and replaces it with the divine nature. We don't have to deal with sin, just grow in righteousness and glorification, taking on the mind of Christ. Our old sins have been taken away, and we are given the power of God to not sin willfully again. Possibly you've been taught the lie that Jesus takes away our past, present and future sins. NO!!! BTW, this is the true meaning of grace. Not God overlooking sins as we commit them in the "present and future." NO! Grace is the power of God through His powerful sinless Spirit to fulfill the righteous requirements of the laws written on our hearts. Here is what I'm saying:

2 Peter 1:
Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you have been taught is the lie that we will always sin, we will always be in the flesh, and we will never be free from sin until we reach heaven.

Nevertheless I do not believe that.

our powerful God who takes away our sin nature and replaces it with the divine nature.

I believe that I can teach this better than you can (and have done so)...Commentary on Romans.

Possibly you've been taught the lie that Jesus takes away our past, present and future sins. NO!!!

Actually, this one's true...Romans 4:8, Romans 8:38-39 (sins present and future will not separate us from the love of God) and Hebrews 9:12.

So answer the question. What does Paul mean by thorn in the flesh?

Since you were being condescending in the first place, I am not going to answer you. Because no matter what I say, you will say that it is wrong. That is the attitude that you are exhibiting.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nevertheless I do not believe that.

Yay!!!

I believe that I can teach this better than you can (and have done so)...Commentary on Romans.

Mine is scriptural.

Actually, this one's true...Romans 4:8, Romans 8:38-39 (sins present and future will not separate us from the love of God) and Hebrews 9:12.

No where does Romans 8:38-39 indicate the heresy that committing willful sins will not separate you from God. Everything mentioned are outside forces.

Hebrews 10:26-31
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Since you were being condescending in the first place, I am not going to answer you. Because no matter what I say, you will say that it is wrong. That is the attitude that you are exhibiting.

No, you've been acting like a know-it-all, but have much you could learn, even from a woman. I'll give you the answer, because it is scripture and it is great to learn, and even more fun to teach. "Thorn in the flesh" is not a physical ailment. It is like our idiom "pain in the neck." It has to do with people. Like right now I'm a thorn in your flesh. Get it? Here is the scripture. Paul was being harassed by false teachers twisting his teachings - something like what you do to them...

Judges 2:1-4
Then the Angel of the Lord came up from Gilgal to Bochim, and said: “I led you up from Egypt and brought you to the land of which I swore to your fathers; and I said, ‘I will never break My covenant with you. 2 And you shall make no covenant with the inhabitants of this land; you shall tear down their altars.’ But you have not obeyed My voice. Why have you done this? 3 Therefore I also said, ‘I will not drive them out before you; but they shall be thorns in your side, and their gods shall be a snare to you.’ ” 4 So it was, when the Angel of the Lord spoke these words to all the children of Israel, that the people lifted up their voices and wept.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Justification is having your sins covered. Sanctification is having them taken away.

Wrong! NO WHERE is a Christians sins merely covered. If you want to convince anyone of anything you better back it up with Scripture. Where does it say that sanctification is a process. That is a false doctrine that is 500 years old.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mine is scriptural.

So is mine...while, since I have not seen all of what you teach, it remains to be seen as to whether what you teach is scriptural.

false teachers twisting his teachings - something like what you do to them...

Thank you...I will pray for your salvation.

NO WHERE is a Christians sins merely covered.

Yes, somewhere...in Romans 4:7.

If you want to convince anyone of anything you better back it up with Scripture.

Romans 4:7.

Where does it say that sanctification is a process.

2 Corinthians 3:18.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are also not my teacher. Paul would prohibit you from teaching any man.

Galatians 3:27-29
27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

The only reason Paul forbid women speaking, or told to wait until they got home to ask their husbands was because women were illiterate. Only men could study the Torah. Also women were on one side of the room and men on the other. Women would have to raise their voice too loudly to ask their husband in the room. However, prophetesses were allowed to speak. There was no gender attached to Words from the Lord.

Even most men know this.

Reactions: Waiting on him

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So is mine.

Thank you...I will pray for your salvation.

Yes, somewhere...in Romans 4:7.

Romans 4:7.

2 Corinthians 3:18.

ROFL You haven't learned a thing. Go stand in the corner little boy. 2 Corinthians 3:18 mentions nothing about sanctification. Your adding your teachers false words.

I'm done trying to teach you anything. 1 Corinthians 14:38.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 3:27-29
27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

The only reason Paul forbid women speaking, or told to wait until they got home to ask their husbands was because women were illiterate. Only men could study the Torah. Also women were on one side of the room and men on the other. Women would have to raise their voice too loudly to ask their husband in the room. However, prophetesses were allowed to speak. There was no gender attached to Words from the Lord.

Even most men know this.
1 Timothy 2:11-15 cites the order of creation...as well as the fact that the woman was deceived and not the man...as the reasoning behind why Paul will not suffer a woman to teach or usurp authority over a man. Too bad he isn't here; because he would put you in your place.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You took it out after I quoted you, because you realized that 1 Corinthians 14:38 substantiates my pov. Now isn't that right?

Then you put it back in. Was it because of this post? Interesting...

I don't appreciate it when people try to make me look like I'm lying.

I have to say that you sinned against me.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Timothy 2:11-15 cites the order of creation...as well as the fact that the woman was deceived and not the man...as the reasoning behind why Paul will not suffer a woman to teach or usurp authority over a man. Too bad he isn't here; because he would put you in your place.

Paul tells us when it is a command from the Lord, and when it is his opinion based on the culture and the times they are living.

1 Cor. 7:12 But to the rest I, not the Lord, say:

1 Timothy 2:
I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting; 9 in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing, 10 but, which is proper for women professing godliness, with good works. 11 Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. 12 And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. 15 Nevertheless she will be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control.

Timothy was Paul's student. These instructions were from Paul, not the Lord as a command.

It is no fun teaching someone who can't learn because of brainwashing. Good night.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul tells us when it is a command from the Lord, and when it is his opinion based on the culture and the times they are living.

1 Cor. 7:12 But to the rest I, not the Lord, say:

1 Timothy 2:
I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting; 9 in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing, 10 but, which is proper for women professing godliness, with good works. 11 Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. 12 And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. 15 Nevertheless she will be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control.

Timothy was Paul's student. These instructions were from Paul, not the Lord as a command.
Paul says it as one with authority as an apostle; and it is a practice to be followed. He gives the order of creation and the fact that Eve was deceived rather than Adam as the reasoning behind his practice. Since the reasoning is based on something all the way back in Genesis, we ought to heed his teaching on the matter, even as something that has eternal value.