Physical Kingdom Problems

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I wonder why 1000 would be mentioned if it didn't mean 1000? o_O
hmm, maybe bc 969 would have been too obvious, or maybe too hard to remember, 1000 is a nice round number?
but my guess would be to hide wisdom from the wise.
Anyway, any number of thought experiments make a literal "1000 years at some point in the future" very unlikely imo.
don't get me wrong i'd be thrilled, it just fails in the context of "the Revelation of Christ"

Reactions: Helen and Dave L

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tomorrow never comes Dave, today is the day, and in Scripture today is always the day, so your pov of tomorrow some things are sure gonna happen is a clue for me, and i hope you at least contemplate that none of those prophecies are going to be literally fulfilled in the manner we desire so desperately. We were raised on santa claus and easter bunnies and lots of other knowledge that brings joy, bc the heir is no better than a servant while he is still a child; but knowledge brings sorrow is...in There for a reason i guess, right. No offense Dave but i can get your position in one Sunday in most any Prot congregation; seek knowledge that brings sorrow when you are ready imo

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.: Psalm 118:24

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:34

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
There is no millennium. Jesus nor the NT writers never mention one. It is an old Jewish concept people drag into Revelation, adding to the book which John warns about not doing.

The millennium is the Day of the Lord,which is clearly written in scripture,ie,one day is like a thousand years with the Lord.Go back to the Garden when God said they would die if they did what they did,which they did.

They didn't die that day,but man never made it past a thousand years(1 day)

Reactions: bbyrd009
D

Dave L

The millennium is the Day of the Lord,which is clearly written in scripture,ie,one day is like a thousand years with the Lord.Go back to the Garden when God said they would die if they did what they did,which they did.

The day of the Lord ends this world and creates the New Heavens and Earth.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

:D

Last edited: