Please forgive me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For doing what is wrong and not doing what is right

Please heal me, please help me and please tell me what I should do from now on

Or if you are not willing to forgive me then please just take my soul
Praying that God hear your words and make them into sincere words within you... and that He lead you then along His pathway until the end of your allotted time as a fallible man.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I really do wish we, here could "tell you what to do"....God does tell us through His Word and our total submission no matter what situation we are in. I pray that you will submit ALL to God, but you cannot keep getting angry at the only one who can bless you.
I so wish you had some decent Christian friends to be there for you in person, to lift you up and encourage you and pray over you. That will be in my prayers also.
It's not easy, I know but it's the only way we can move God to answer our deeply held prayers.
And, I owe you an apology also, I am sorry for getting hot under the collar with you a while back. We must love one another as Christ told us to and, I wish I had been a bit kinder about it.
Hoping and praying you will be delivered from all that is tormenting you.

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I really do wish we, here could "tell you what to do"....God does tell us through His Word and our total submission no matter what situation we are in. I pray that you will submit ALL to God, but you cannot keep getting angry at the only one who can bless you.
I so wish you had some decent Christian friends to be there for you in person, to lift you up and encourage you and pray over you. That will be in my prayers also.
It's not easy, I know but it's the only way we can move God to answer our deeply held prayers.
And, I owe you an apology also, I am sorry for getting hot under the collar with you a while back. We must love one another as Christ told us to and, I wish I had been a bit kinder about it.
Hoping and praying you will be delivered from all that is tormenting you.

Well here's the thing

If anyone gets put through supernatural death threats etc at the same time they have to deal with other things and trying to make a living do they not have a right to get angry

Or in other words if you are God how do you expect someone to react to supernatural death threats? Certainly not with happiness and praise

Also I really do need financial assistance. It's a mixture of being human and having to deal with non stop distractions plus time moving so quickly

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well here's the thing

If anyone gets put through supernatural death threats etc at the same time they have to deal with other things and trying to make a living do they not have a right to get angry

Or in other words if you are God how do you expect someone to react to supernatural death threats? Certainly not with happiness and praise

Also I really do need financial assistance. It's a mixture of being human and having to deal with non stop distractions plus time moving so quickly
Yes, it is not easy at all, I have been there where I would get angry with God, but very shortly after, I was on my face asking His forgiveness as, He won't do a thing for us otherwise, even if we are in the midst of longsuffering.
Like I said, we all here DO hope and pray that He will deliver you from all of it...not easy waiting on Him either, BUT....it's what He is looking for, our solid faith.
I know you have heard all of this over and over yet, I've nothing else that will comfort you. :(

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well no

What is more likely to get someone's solid faith, death threats or helping them financially

This is the reason I have posted a thread for any smokers on here. Because if you want someone to stop you are not going to do it by scaring them

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well here's the thing

Jesus, the man, knew that he was going to be tortured suffering great pain which would lead to his death. He in the flesh like most all of us did not want to suffer pain like that. He prayed to God about it here:

Mt 26:39And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

That "cup" for him was the suffering and death. He prayed the same prayer three times and three times he added this phrase at the end: "Nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."

It was God's will for Jesus to suffer greatly and to die. In spite of his prayer he did suffer greatly and died a painful death.

What is all of God's will for each of us? Unlike Jesus, most of us do not know. Can we pray like Jesus did with a "not as I will, but as thou wilt" addressed to God? If we knew that for us whipping and crucifixion were really God's will for us, could we do it? Could we sincerely pray for it to happen then in accord with God's will?

Consider the following prophecy about the apostle Paul here:

Ac 21:10And as we tarried there many days, there came down from Judaea a certain prophet, named Agabus.
Ac 21:11And when he was come unto us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus saith the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.
Ac 21:12And when we heard these things, both we, and they of that place, besought him not to go up to Jerusalem.

And then read his answer here:

Ac 21:13Then Paul answered, What mean ye to weep and to break mine heart? for I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.

You are not Jesus and you are not Paul, but do you claim to be a follower of Christ... that is a Christian?

What is it you expect to be your "cup" in the time period allotted to you by God? Go back to your Bible again and read carefully searching for what God's purpose for men is. Are you not a man? We do not choose our precise road. Ultimately, I believe, we only choose to serve God or not. The details can and do vary from person to person. Do not be surprised if your cup is not a bed of roses and if there are also a whole lot of unavoidable thorns and/or bitter herbs within your cup.

• Love
Reactions: Keturah and Nancy

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I choose to serve humanity by demanding an end to this silly game of billions suffering and dying because reasons

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I choose to serve humanity by demanding an end to this silly game of billions suffering and dying because reasons
Have you taken a vote from of all humanity or from all of those claiming in particular to be Christians before announcing yourself to be a representative voice on their behalf. Speak for yourself. Job did. Jonah did. Did they get all of what they expressed as their own way... or did it not go as God intended it. Either choose God or choose yourself, but do not try to tell God how it should be. Things do not work that way. Jeremiah writes as to how it is:

Jer 10:23O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

The psalmist here writes for us, what seems to me to be a proper prayer considering our situation!

Ps 119:5O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Have you taken a vote from of all humanity or from all of those claiming in particular to be Christians before announcing yourself to be a representative voice on their behalf. Speak for yourself. Job did. Jonah did. Did they get all of what they expressed as their own way... or did it not go as God intended it. Either choose God or choose yourself, but do not try to tell God how it should be. Things do not work that way. Jeremiah writes as to how it is:

Jer 10:23O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

The psalmist here writes for us, what seems to me to be a proper prayer considering our situation!

Ps 119:5O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!

No but do you REALLY think anyone wants to suffer and die

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon

The same God, who is there for us in the midnight hour is the same God Who is able to wide our tears away. He is the same God Who is there inside of lack and want. He is Jehovah our great provider

Beloved, hold on to Him, Wipe your tears, God never lies, It's going to be alright. Instead, lift your hands and give him praise. Believe me, you will overcome.

Your yesterday will be a story. He is the God of all flesh. Nothing is too hard for him to do. Don't forget he calmed the sea, don't forget he raised the dead and don't forget he came to die that we might live forever. Wipe your tears and give him all the praise.

• Love
Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No but do you REALLY think anyone wants to suffer and die
No, of course not... not that is according to the ways of the flesh in which most people live their natural lives. Christians are also people in the flesh and until and if God helps them they cannot simply sacrifice themselves. Will God help us? Certainly! Have we sincerely asked of Him? In asking, remember what James wrote here:

Jas 4:1From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?
Jas 4:2Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
Jas 4:3Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

What is "amiss"? Would not our own will be amiss when it is not equal to God's will? When we do not know God's will or are doubtful as to what it is, may we not then ask God to help us find and pursue His will as our own?

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, of course not... not that is according to the ways of the flesh in which most people live their natural lives. Christians are also people in the flesh and until and if God helps them they cannot simply sacrifice themselves. Will God help us? Certainly! Have we sincerely asked of Him? In asking, remember what James wrote here:

Jas 4:1From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?
Jas 4:2Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
Jas 4:3Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

What is "amiss"? Would not our own will be amiss when it is not equal to God's will? When we do not know God's will or are doubtful as to what it is, may we not then ask God to help us find and pursue His will as our own?

Yeah sure except we have many complications in life

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Without any doubt, but which of them is too difficult for God to understand and to handle His Way?

Well if God was a human and received supernatural death threats how do you think he would react

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if God was a human and received supernatural death threats how do you think he would react
I am not God. Do you believe that God does not know the answer to your question? Consider what is written here:

Heb 2:18For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Heb 4:14Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
Heb 4:15For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't see the relevance

In any case I'm tired. If God wants me to do anything then please tell me. Of course I'd rather he just take my soul as I don't see the point anymore

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see the relevance

In any case I'm tired. If God wants me to do anything then please tell me. Of course I'd rather he just take my soul as I don't see the point anymore
Must a person understand all of the answers always?

We really are to live for God by faith rather than by knowledge.

Ro 1:17For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

In time, if you start out in faith [the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen] and continue that way, God will be adding knowledge to you.

1co 13:12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
Ps 30:5...in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I'd much rather leave this world and learn that way
Unfortunately, my friend, you along with the rest of us are here for the duration... however long that may be in each case. You certainly may not be able to handle it well alone, but you must handle what is put on your plate. God is willing to help you handle it, but do not expect Him to remove what is on the plate. Read about Hezekiah here:

2ki 20:1In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And the prophet Isaiah the son of Amoz came to him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live.
2ki 20:2Then he turned his face to the wall, and prayed unto the LORD, saying,
2ki 20:3I beseech thee, O LORD, remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.
2ki 20:4And it came to pass, afore Isaiah was gone out into the middle court, that the word of the LORD came to him, saying,
2ki 20:5Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the LORD.
2ki 20:6And I will add unto thy days fifteen years; and I will deliver thee and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake.
2ki 20:7And Isaiah said, Take a lump of figs. And they took and laid it on the boil, and he recovered.