Please help me to understand the timeline of man's existence

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll take a stab at it and you tell me if I'm right or wrong and then please share your understanding. Thank you.

Creation

Mankind disobeys God and is kicked out of paradise

The Flood

Jesus's sacrifice on the cross

We are in this present era which will end with the return of Jesus.

Jesus resurrects the Godly and they rule on Earth with him for 1,000 years while Satan is kept in a pit.

Satan is released and then the Battle of Armageddon takes place and Satan is defeated (again).

Another resurrection occurs to raise those that were not resurrected upon Jesus's return and then Jesus gives the kingdom to God and we all live happily ever after with God on the new Earth.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll take a stab at it and you tell me if I'm right or wrong and then please share your understanding. Thank you.

Creation
At Genesis 1:1. God's 'original' perfect creation, the time before Satan rebelled.

Satan did the very first sin, and thus the power of death was assigned to him. The sin by Adam and Eve was the first sin in the flesh, and was ordained to happen, otherwise would there have been a need for Jesus to be born in the flesh and die on the cross for our Salvation?

The Flood
Ever since Able, Satan attempted to stop the Seed of the Woman that Christ would be born through. Even down to king Herod seeking baby Jesus to kill Him. Thus the flood of Noah's day was God's response to Satan's angels taking wives of the flesh daughters of the man Adam, to try and taint the Seed that Jesus would be born through. Thus God brought a flood to wipe out the hybrid giants He did not ordain nor create. With a second irruption of the giants, God commanded Israel to wipe them out.

Jesus came first to Jerusalem to offer His Salvation Plan. The unbelieving Jews rejected Him and killed Him. Thus The Gospel went to the Gentiles where the majority of the ten tribes were scattered, along with some remnants of Jews that left Babylon which would believe on Jesus Christ.

Not an "era", but the 2nd world earth age. There are 3 world earth ages written of in God's Word, per 2 Peter 3. This one we are in today is the 2nd one ("The heavens and the earth, which are now"). When Jesus returns, there will be some earth changes already on that day, but not all. After His "thousand years" reign, when all wickedness is destroyed, will the new heavens and a new earth begin and go into eternity.

Jesus resurrects the Godly and they rule on Earth with him for 1,000 years while Satan is kept in a pit.
Per John 5:28-29, ALL... that are in the graves come forth, either to the "resurrection of life", or to the "resurrection of damnation".

Many brethren err in understanding the idea of resurrection in Rev.20. The "dead" of Rev.20:5 means the 'SPIRITUALY' dead souls still subject to the "second death" in the "lake of fire", not literal dead in the ground, since that would go directly against what Jesus taught in John 5:28-29 for the day of His future return, all come out of their graves.

So there's an opportunity for those who trust in God and in His Word; one can either believe what Jesus said there, and thus come to understand Rev.20 properly, or they can trust in men's doctrines and stay confused about Rev.20.

Satan is released and then the Battle of Armageddon takes place and Satan is defeated (again).
Nope. The battle of Armageddon happens on the final 7th Trumpet of THIS PRESENT WORLD, on the day of Christ's return. That is "day of the Lord" timing. This also is the same battle of Zechariah 14 on that "day of the Lord". It's the last day of this world.

The battle that happens at the end of Christ's future "thousand years" reign, when Satan is loosed out of his pit prison, to deceive the nations one final time, is when he will lead the wicked upon the "camp of the saints" ON EARTH, to try and destroy. Then God will bring fire down from Heaven upon them and destroy them. That final battle does not happen until a 1,000 years after Jesus future reign with His elect, on earth.

Another resurrection occurs to raise those that were not resurrected upon Jesus's return and then Jesus gives the kingdom to God and we all live happily ever after with God on the new Earth.
Somewhat true, thing is, that 'inferred' 2nd resurrection is one LIKE UNTO THE FIRST RESURRECTION. What kind of resurrection is the "first resurrection"? It is one unto Christ Jesus belonging to Him.

The matter is simple. All will be in spirit bodies on the day Jesus returns, including the wicked that are left. Only those of the "first resurrection" will be allowed to approach Jesus at His table and serve Him. And only those will have the right to the Tree of Life inside the gates of the beloved city (Rev.22:14-15). Ezekiel 47 reveals God's River and the Tree of Life will return to this earth for that Millennial time of Christ's future reign on earth.

Thus everyone, including the wicked, will bow to Jesus Christ then as LORD. And those that erred will be taught. Jesus said to the Church of Philadelphia that He will make the false Jews of the "synagogue of Satan" to come worship Him before the feet of His elect. Those who reign with Jesus, His faithful elect, will teach the difference between the holy and the profane, the clean and the unclean.

The after that "thousand years", the nations, once being taught The Gospel and without excuse, must be tested. Those who accept Jesus Christ will be of that 2nd resurrection unto eternal life. Those who still reject Him will have chosen to go into the "lake of fire" and perish.

Reactions: Patrick1966

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Creation

The Flood

In a nutshell your summary is correct, until you come to the part concerning the battle of Armageddon. It takes place before the 1000 years.

We know this because the Scripture plainly states the anti-christ is taken by Christ at His Second Coming. Then the 1000 years begin.

At His Coming, Christ destroys the anti-christ who is in the process of wiping out Israel. 2/3's of Israel are killed and he is about to finish them off. With no hope left, Israel calls on God for help. Then the eastern sky splits, and every eye shall see Him. The Warrior King that Israel looked for at His first advent has arrived. He saves the remaining Israelis and they now know that the Jesus of Nazareth was and is their Messiah.

I can show you any of this in Scripture, but I'm lazy now and don't want to go to the trouble, but I will if you insist!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In a nutshell your summary is correct, until you come to the part concerning the battle of Armageddon. It takes place before the 1000 years.

This is correct.

Satan's second and final defeat is the battle of Jerusalem where his army is burned and he is cast into the lake of fire.

Reactions: Charlie24

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Creation
Right.

Right.
The Flood

After 99% rebellion, Right.
Right eventually.

Right.

Wrong. Jesus comes in vengeance after this era of amazing grace to eternally separate those who reject the Gospel, on the day he comes to glorify us. See 2 thess 1.

satan has been defeated already and doesnt need to be defeated again. He is released because the Christ rejecting senseless world desire it

Revelation 13:4
They fell down and worshiped the dragon because he gave his authority to the beast; they also worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like (as great as) the beast, and who is able to wage war against him?” see 2 thess 2
Done and dusted at his second coming as Jesus clearly points out.

Matt 25.

Last edited:
Reactions: Christian Gedge

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A high percentage of the way people interpret biblical events are inaccurate.

The fundamental buildings blocks of Christianity must be scrutinized and considered carefully.

For christians to have a strong foundation.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
6,000 years ago God created Adam and eve, in garden of eden. On the 8th day. God rested on the 7th day. God did create a 6th day race. Its documented in genesis chapter 1, 2, and 3. Jeremiah chapter 4 will document their was first earth age. All of God's children were in their spiritual body in the first earth age. Satan led a rebellion against God, deceived one third of God's children. This Rebellion happened 28,500 years ago. Ezekiel chapter 28, Lucifer is sentenced to lake of fire. Satan tried to take the Mercy seat by violence and satan is dead man walking. Second Peter chapter 3:6 to document their was first earth age. Were in the second earth age now, the flesh age. Read John chapter 3. Everyone must be born one time in the flesh. To decide to follow satan or Jesus. Satan started this mess in the first earth age. God is sending satan as antichrist, 6th trump, to Test people. God wants to know who studied the bible. Read ephesians chapter 6. You need gospel armour on. It's knowledge and wisdom of God's word. The spirtual battlefield is, words, ideas and concepts. Near future, antichrist will convert many people to his false doctrine. Because they're biblically illiterate. I documented everything I said. MIKMOR in Hebrew means = net, concealment. Satan is setting trap for people. He will dupe the majority, because they think he's messiah. This isn't the time to play church. Get into sound doctrine and study the bible. PSEUDRDI in Greek means = false teacher. This is satan as antichrist. MANDA in Greek means = knowledge, understanding. Read James chapter 1, All wisdom and knowledge comes from God. DELEAZO in Greek means = entrap, beguile, delude. Dont be in this group. Revelation chapter 13, the majority will worship antichrist. Have on the gospel armour of ephesians chapter 6.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where can I read this in scripture, please?
Rev 20:3
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
KJV

Reactions: Patrick1966

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 20:3
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
KJV

Ah yes. Thank you.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Creation
Yes, and creation includes all that exists in the spirit realm as well as the material Universe.
The first rebel was not human.....he tempted the woman, who then tempted the man, and all three became alienated from God by sin.
Being kicked out of paradise meant no access to "the tree of life", and hence no ability to live forever, which was part of God's original plan for humankind. (Gen 3:22-24)
The ground was cursed and the humans went from a paradise of pleasure to an untamed wilderness outside to try and grow enough food to keep living. God made long garments of skin for them, to hide their shame and to protect them from the harsh elements (thorns and thistles) outside the garden.
The Flood
The reason for the flood is important because of what it meant for the human race on earth. It did not eradicate sin from the world but was merely a reset because angelic sons of God had materialized and mated with the daughters of men. These produced a race of gigantic bullies whose violent disposition had caused the world to become too wicked, too quickly. The flood wiped out those who were practicing wickedness on a large scale and started again with a righteous man, Noah, his wife and his sons and their wives. Jesus used the flood era as a teaching tool....people would again practice wickedness on a large scale at the time of his return. (Matt 24:3-39)
We have so much in between that gives us valuable lessons in obedience.
The formation of the nation of Israel, and how they came to be slaves in Egypt, and how God promised Abraham that through his lineage, the Savior would come.
We have their liberation and God's miracles in taking them away from Pharaoh. The parting of the Red Sea, and the pillar of fire and cloud that guided them through the wilderness for 40 years. He fed them with manna and gave them water in a parched wilderness, which showed them that their God was with them, providing for them even though they let him down many times.

When the full limit of the times arrived, Jesus was born as a human, and when he was 30 years of age, he presented himself for baptism to John. So began a three and a half year course that would end in his torturous death.
These are the "last days" (2 Tim 3:1-5) which the prophet Daniel called "the time of the end" (Daniel 12:4, 9-10)...a time when God would send his son to judge the world and to destroy the wicked, ushering in a new world of righteousness. (2 Peter 3:13) A time for the dead to rise...those of his elect will be first, followed later by those who will become their subjects on earth. (1 Thess 4:16; John 5:28-29)
Almost right....Those who rule with Christ are those who will go to heaven. The kingdom is in heaven, but extends its rulership over earthly subjects. Rev 20:6 tells us that those who rule with Christ for the thousand years will be 'kings and priests'....Kings need subjects and priests need sinners for whom to intercede and to lead in worship. Kings don't rule each other, and there are no sinners in heaven.

Armageddon is the war between God and the devil....between the forces of good and evil....no humans will prevail in this war because we already know who the winner is. Jesus and his angels will battle with the demon princes of this earth and their armies, and gain the victory, then it will be that satan is hurled into the abyss with his cronies and imprisoned there for the whole of the Kingdom's rulership. Nothing will interfere with God's purpose to restore humans to their former state before sin took them over.
Rev 21:2-4 speaks of this sweet victory for Jesus, his elect, and his angels.

"And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. 4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” (ESV)

Bring it on! :Happy:

What a wonderful promise!
All resurrections take place before the final test, because that is what its for.....a large portion of the resurrected ones have never heard of God or his Christ....these will have to be educated and given an opportunity to prove their love and loyalty for their Creator before that final test.

After that all will return to the way things should have been from the beginning.....a perfect race of humans inhabiting a beautifully prepared earth and taking care of all that God has made for their enjoyment. Love will prevail and all living things will live in peace and harmony on earth forever. The trees of life are restored to mankind as it says in revelation 12:1-2...

"And he showed me a river of water of life, clear as crystal, flowing out from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of its main street. On both sides of the river were trees of life producing 12 crops of fruit, yielding their fruit each month. And the leaves of the trees were for the healing of the nations."

Jesus model prayer will have its fulfillment......
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."

Finally! God's Kingdom will "come", and God's will can then "be done, on earth as it is in heaven"....his holy name "hallowed" forever.