Please Pray For The Fighting To Stop

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@April_Rose I am praying with you!l Do our prayers make a difference?

"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@April_Rose I am praying with you!l Do our prayers make a difference?

Thanks,.. but I don't know in this circumstance. When I was a child I had an argument with my two best friends and they never forgave me even after I apologized. However, I came to find out years later that was on them and their fault then for holding a grudge. Aren't we supposed to forgive each other seven times seventy or something?

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks,.. but I don't know in this circumstance. When I was a child I had an argument with my two best friends and they never forgave me even after I apologized. However, I came to find out years later that was on them and their fault then for holding a grudge. Aren't we supposed to forgive each other seven times seventy or something?
We cannot make others do what we believe that they should. The only one we control in even a limited way is our own self.

I believe that every instance in my own history where I needed to apologize but did not is still embedded in my memory to remind me of me.

The worst one that comes immediately to my mind was a young German girl in West Berlin who had a crush on me. In a joking manner I hurt her feelings badly and laughed. She ran away with tears streaming down her face. I never saw her again. I was not serving God then, but God was there and He will not allow me to forget even though it was over 50 years ago.

I came home to the United States and it hurt me deeply even though it was still far from the time I started to seriously try to serve God. She was not from Berlin but from elsewhere in Germany so with no full name and address I had not way of writing her even a letter to apologize to try to make it right.

After I came to the Lord in 1976 it was still there eating away at me. I stood up in a church meeting and confessed before the assembly and apologized but the girl was not there to hear it. God accepted my offering, but to this date, it is still in my mind and my heart.

Would she forgive me? I do not know. I never gave her the opportunity.

Here is the verse you mentioned:

"Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven." Matt 18:21-22

Believe me when I say that God has forgiven me more than 490 times [7 times 70] since I first started to walk with Him... God has so much mercy for us. How much mercy do we have for one another?

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing is,.. since I don't think Jesus is a member on here,.. I don't think that there is a single perfect person on this forum. Even some of the staff members have apologized to me in the past when they've been in the wrong because they know that they aren't perfect either. :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing is for sure,.. just because she's stopped being a friend to me, doesn't give me any reason to stop trying to be a friend to her. That's what Jesus would want me to do anyways. :)

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't think that I can mention her name since she's another member on this forum,.. but I accidentally hurt her feelings and upset her and I'm really praying that she'll forgive me now. :(
dear heavenly Father, I pray that who April_Rose was friends with whom she accidentally hurt her feelings and upset will forgive her and if things could be made alright again then it will be, thanks so extraordinarily, in Jesus' name, amen

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think that I can mention her name since she's another member on this forum,.. but I accidentally hurt her feelings and upset her and I'm really praying that she'll forgive me now. :(
well, did you go to her with this?

If you want forgiveness, you must ask. Matthew 7 speaks of this. Be reconciled with them before offering your gift before God.

You should PM her or perhaps even openly apologize. I have done so on a few occasions. One time (not on this forum) the person totally rejected it and lambasted me even harder. I shook the dust off my feet on that one real quick! I did what I was supposed to do, so I moved on.

Another time (which was on this forum) I was fully forgiven and it Was a great relief.

Whatever happens, I have confidence in you.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for all the great advice guys but you must have missed the part where I said it was over. XD