Please Pray Re: Russia's Proposed law regarding "No Evangelizing Outside Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Well then... Putin approved the law, it will go into effect on the 20th

They are throwing out the baby with the bath water. Similar steps will likely happen elsewhere to stop Islamic terrorism. I even know a Muslim that expects as much.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
While Russia’s evangelicals pray that the proposed regulations are amended or vetoed, they have gone underground before, and they’ll be willing to do it again, Rakhuba said.
“They say, ‘If it will come to it, it’s not going to stop us from worshiping and sharing our faith,’” he wrote. “The Great Commission isn’t just for a time of freedom.”
Amen brothers/sisters in the Lord, Amen! Praying for you ~
5v9945.gif

newlife

May 26, 2013
Many Russian Pentecostals settled in my home town in Upstate New York in the 1980's and perhaps somewhat earlier escaping religious persecution in the Soviet Union. After the collapse fn the Soviet Union there were a series of articles in our local paper about the local Russian Pentecostal community. I saved the articles and let someone borrow them but they unfortunately threw them away. However according to the articles dating back to around the early 1990's the Russian Pentecostals had a prophecy that the period of freedom in Russia was only temporary and would be followed by a return to repression.

However there is a growing trend in general toward the marginalization and degrading of Christian values as the culture becomes increasingly post Christian and antagonistic to Christianity. It is becoming increasingly more difficult to uphold Christian values without coming under persecution in the West.

Reactions: Angelina