Poll: Tattoo artist: if a Christian daughter/son of yours worked as one, would you be supportive?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Tattoo artist: if a daughter/son of yours worked as a tattoo artist, would you be supportive?

• I would only really know what I think if I found myself in the situation described

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I find a Tee Shirt will show much better if one is looking to start a conversation about The Lord, it doesn't mar the body and is not permanent...but, that's just me...lol.
@Nancy Thanks for your comment! did you vote in the poll, yet?

(I think there is a comprehensive range of poll response options; if you can think of another good one instead, maybe I could add it?)

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Dropship Thanks for your poll vote participation.
I think you once said some family members were tattooed....

My late dad had a snake-like tattoo on his forearm which he had done when he served in the RAF as a mechanic in WW2, but I don't think my sister and nieces have got any, but I haven't seen them for years so i'm not sure..:)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy Thanks for your comment! did you vote in the poll, yet?

(I think there is a comprehensive range of poll response options; if you can think of another good one instead, maybe I could add it?)
You can see who voted I believe and yes, I have another option...how about a tee shirt. Nobody seems to like that idea and it is a virtual sandwich board for Christ...and again, not permanent.
I got a dove on my left forearm at the age of 16, cannot even tell what it is anymore and wish I hadn't done it. I am now pushing 65 and my worldview has changed immensely.
Farouk, I know there is much that is related to tattooing such as, splitting tongues so as to seem like the devil, also many are having prosthetic horns placed under the skin of their foreheads making to look like the devil. Are these also services you provide? I really hope not. Just seems that Satan wants us to look more like his image rather than Gods. JMHO and, no condemnation here.

Reactions: JohnPaul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You can see who voted I believe and yes, I have another option...how about a tee shirt. Nobody seems to like that idea and it is a virtual sandwich board for Christ...and again, not permanent.
I got a dove on my left forearm at the age of 16, cannot even tell what it is anymore and wish I hadn't done it. I am now pushing 65 and my worldview has changed immensely.
Farouk, I know there is much that is related to tattooing such as, splitting tongues so as to seem like the devil, also many are having prosthetic horns placed under the skin of their foreheads making to look like the devil. Are these also services you provide? I really hope not. Just seems that Satan wants us to look more like his image rather than Gods. JMHO and, no condemnation here.
@Nancy
Thanks for the comments.

I guess Bible verses on a wrist and those other, odd things you mentioned seem kind of apples and oranges..............

I liked what you said a while ago:

Nancy said:
tattoos ... everyone and their grandmothers has them now and, they do not a thing for me, what can I say? Pretty much every one I know, and that includes Christians and myself, have a tattoo so...I am not criticizing anybody here or anywhere...

:)

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My late dad had a snake-like tattoo on his forearm which he had done when he served in the RAF as a mechanic in WW2

@Dropship

It used to be a military thing.....and still is to some extent, of course.............

I don't think my sister and nieces have got any, but I haven't seen them for years so i'm not sure..:)

Over here in North America, it's been estimated that 59% or more of tattoo parlor clients are female.....so if it's anything like this over there also, don't be surprised if they have....... :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yeah I agree with that.
@Mantis Yes, and Rita said it made her feel good:

I felt good about it.
..shortly after getting my tattoo done .. the dentist ask me about it - it opened up a conversation that would not have come about at all..I had weighed everything up , talked to my pastor, reflected on scripture.. The conversation surprised me, and it did serve as an encouragment at the time. I have had quite a few conversations at work when people notice it.

(I expect you yourself with all that you know would not be remotely surprised that it made her feel good.)

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Michiah-Imla Interesting.......... But from your vote you still would not overall be supportive of the tattoo artist profession....?

Thanks for your various past comments.

I’m not attracted to the business, but if it’s done with a motivation to promote Christ:

“…he that is not against us is on our part.” (Mark 9:40)