Poll: Tattoo artist: if a Christian daughter/son of yours worked as one, would you be supportive?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Tattoo artist: if a daughter/son of yours worked as a tattoo artist, would you be supportive?

• I would only really know what I think if I found myself in the situation described

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mantis

Some addictions can be bad. But do you think that it's necessarily a bad thing for tattoos to be addictive?

menshealth dot com
It can be!! I have seen some people that absolutely look like freaks. I guess that is what they are going for?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I would support anyone who has a creative ability. That doesn't mean they cannot also have a love for God. Business is business when it comes to owning and running and supporting, any company or (creative driven) way a person can be able own a tattoo company or clothing store, or whatever type of product they may see them selves in making a good business out of and be responsible for their own choices while doing so.

Reactions: Mantis

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, I would support anyone who has a creative ability. That doesn't mean they cannot also have a love for God. Business is business when it comes to owning and running and supporting, any company or (creative driven) way a person can be able own a tattoo company or clothing store, or whatever type of product they may see them selves in making a good business out of and be responsible for their own choices while doing so.
@MatthewG Thanks for your comment and poll participation.

There are various aspects to it, right? and the economic aspects can to some ppl seem rather compelling. I saw this quote:

Paula Castle took up tattooing after being made redundant from a sales job ..."I really did not want to do it. ...But I’m a bit of an all or nothing person so I said ‘yes’ and really pushed myself and I’ve not stopped...About 97% of my clients are female and that is universal across the board."
James McCarthy, Mirror dot co dot uk

(This is not absolutely an argument to pursue it, of course.)

But as GodsGrace said:

almost every young girl I know has some sort of tatoo.
Even those very conservative types.

And FHII has pointed out just how widely the service is pursued:

FHII said:
Probably 75% of the congregation have tattoos, including myself and the Pastor ..
I have a tattoo, I am not ashamed of it, but it has no bearing on my salvation. ..I also agree that it makes a statement of freedom in Christ. .. We got a lot of folks inked in our Church. Myself, the Pastor, his daughter and grand daughter included. Now, even my wife

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Pathfinder7 FYI...........did you see/ vote in the recent poll, above?

I think it was you that commented about the conference seminar on witness tattoos that you attended a while ago.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PS: @RLT63 All the young ppl with Bible verses tattooed with whom I have spoken seemed to have received them for witness tool purposes. (Ask them what they likely think of the tattoo artist profession, I guess....)
I don't like tattoos but I don't judge others if they choose to get them. My son, stepson and stepdaughter all have tattoos.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't like tattoos but I don't judge others if they choose to get them. My son, stepson and stepdaughter all have tattoos.
@RLT63 Thanks for your comment. Well, they all evidently used a tattoo artist with confidence. So are any of their tattoo designs faith based, maybe?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My stepdaughter's is. The others aren't
@RLT63 Yes, well my wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area, a seeming witness tool that certainly worked to get going a conversation; she seemed a shy and modest young lady; I reckon she would have gone joyfully into the tattoo parlor for it. (Although your stepdaughter might not have talked about it to you, it wouldn't be surprising if this is how she was when she went to get hers done also.)