Poll: Tattoo artist: if a Christian daughter/son of yours worked as one, would you be supportive?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Tattoo artist: if a daughter/son of yours worked as a tattoo artist, would you be supportive?

• I would only really know what I think if I found myself in the situation described

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
What does the board think about ladies having tattoos, or is it it mostly men who have tatts?
Hi @Dropship From your Q some weeks ago.

This is from a recent article:

Paula Castle took up tattooing after being made redundant from a sales job ..."I really did not want to do it. ...But I’m a bit of an all or nothing person so I said ‘yes’ and really pushed myself and I’ve not stopped...About 97% of my clients are female and that is universal across the board."
James McCarthy, Mirror dot co dot uk

It seems clear that often it is female clients that keep the tattoo parlors open and busy, sometimes long into the evenings. (Not unusually, a proportion would want faith based designs.)

Reactions: Dropship

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Reactions: dhh712

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My daughter is the oldest of my three children and has tattoos of her children's names on her wrists.
@Pearl Yes, children's / grandchildren's names on wrists are a placement that is proving popular and can really convey the message: "These are the people I really love and must keep praying for..."

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Now my skin is two thin to get a scripture tat, which I wouldn't mind. Probably 1 John 3:23-24. And I don't mind shots and needles. I kinda like it.:cool:

@1stCenturyLady

Some of the really thin, precision needles that they have now might in fact work. Maybe you could talk to a good tattoo artist with the latest equipment if you really like the idea of a Scripture tattoo....

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Behold

Well, yours is a thoughtful point.

I guess it can be viewed also as part of Romans 14 Christian liberty.

The perspective of a lot of ppl - a lot of Christians - would also seem to be that it can be a way of expressing what's on their hearts.

James McCarthy, Mirror dot co dot uk

forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

Addy said:
I am reminded of the prophet of God who spoke in power and conviction against the fake altar Of Jereboam. God gave this prophet strict instruction to not stop on the way home. Don't eat, don't drink, don't go home the same way. Until someone else, identifying himself also as a prophet, sidled up beside the prophet from Judah and said, an angel appeared to me and told me you could come to my place and eat and drink. The Judean prophet, who up till this time had dinner everything perfectly, decided...
A. There is freedom in God.
B. I can please myself how I serve God.
C. I can witness to this prophet.
D. He seems nice and I like his house, with a nice tidy garden.
E. I can say grace over the bread for that is in my heart.
F. I might even suggest he stay a business and career...a B&B perhaps?

The result of this can be read in 1 Kings 13.

Which prophet are you Farouk?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If I were wanting to destroy the Christian faith and obliterate it's power as a witness, I could think of nothing more effective than to promote tattoos, smoking tobacco and weed, encouraging cosmetics, justifying Christian rock and alcohol. All of which we have seen from the writer of those thread.
I suppose that extolling the virtues of atheist or new age women would be a step too far, even for Farouk. Although with such a beautiful woman on my arm would I not also look joyful, confident and distinguished?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@dhh712 Thanks for the 'like'; as you say, they can be a 'witness engagement' opportunity and as regards your 'very nice' comment, they can radiate modesty also among those who undergo the injecting procedures.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
tattoos are like anything else: done in moderation adn discretion. ... Cultural preaching is hogwash.
@robert derrick Today it can radiate wholesomeness and serve as a witness tool:

53f6e6a7d22969a8fd8143a478bab21a.jpg

aa4a1e4f537f14bc1c9ee64b231e7aa6--psalms--tattoo-fall-tattoo.jpg

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I know of more ladies that have tattoos,..
I have seen dozens of small messages or a flower or a butterfly visible
@atpollard

Yes, your comment is also borne out from this quote from the Bible Belt. Pragmatically, it does point to an exponential growth in witness tool design potential, since it's so widely pursued as a personal preference:

Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

While some ppl still prefer to base their views on likes and dislikes that were maybe more common many years ago (which is fine), yet a faith based design - often small - is seemingly and exactly what so many homeschooling moms, preachers' daughters, etc., would now likely be confidently open to being inked up with.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
As long as you can read it.:)
@robert derrick Oh so you're referring to the cursive script in the first photo as being less legible than the Bible ref. in the second photo?

You do of course have a point.

Designs and placements for faith based tattoos can indeed radiate modesty. One can readily understand how some faith based design recipients can be overjoyed to undergo such tattooing.