Poll: Tattoo artist: if a Christian daughter/son of yours worked as one, would you be supportive?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Tattoo artist: if a daughter/son of yours worked as a tattoo artist, would you be supportive?

• I would only really know what I think if I found myself in the situation described

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello RLT63,
You said "Isn't Leviticus rules for Levitical Priests? I don't know if this applies to everyone"

No, It is a set of rules for the Hebrew people. The book of Leviticus is the book of worship, Sacrifice, ceremony, ritual, liturgies, instructions, washings, convocations, holy days, observances, conditions, and warnings. Separate the Priestly duties for the Temple from the rest.

Romans 15:4 - For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hello RLT63,
You said "Isn't Leviticus rules for Levitical Priests? I don't know if this applies to everyone"

No, It is a set of rules for the Hebrew people. The book of Leviticus is the book of worship, Sacrifice, ceremony, ritual, liturgies, instructions, washings, convocations, holy days, observances, conditions, and warnings. Separate the Priestly duties for the Temple from the rest.

Romans 15:4 - For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.
I've heard it said that proclaiming the Word of God is the highest form of worship; Adrian Hein said:

the witnessing opportunities are definitely a benefit! I have Psalm 103: 8, 10 on my shoulder (in Hebrew) and while I was traveling in D.C. this summer, I had about 10 people (including an Israeli girl) ask me about its significance. It was only a brief minute with each of them, but a minute I could share the fact that God’s love and mercy are so extraordinary I’d literally inked verses that testify to these attributes on my body.
pastorjameshein dot wordpress dot com

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello farouk,

you said "What do you make of the verse also in Leviticus 19 seemingly about not trimming the sides of one's beard?"

This was to separate the Hebrews from their pagan neighbors and the priests who did shave the sides off their beards. Each of the "relationship" commands was to separate Hebrews from a pagan practice. However, Leviticus gives us the mind of God, so to speak. So when the Apostle Paul says the body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit, we are sealed and belong to Christ now, so don't put graffiti on the Temple. You can have a beard now, just don't copy a cult leader. In the same Leviticus 19:26 it says don't eat blood, and at the Jerusalem council in Acts 15:20, blood is still a non starter to eat.
How do you get the blood out of meat? Did the animal have to have it's throat cut?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello RLT63,

I have to admit I have never studied Leviticus

Reactions: Rockerduck

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello RLT63,
I'm not a butcher, so I don't how to get blood out of meat. But, Leviticus is one of the greatest books in the old testament. It is full of Christ in symbolism.

Reactions: Nancy and RLT63

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I actually used to be a meat cutter.
Hi @RLT63 Some tattoos today are actually brandings.....seems a bit drastic........rather different from small, possibly faith based tattoos.....

Kind of the difference between a lady with a couple of studs in each ear and someone who wants to look like a pin-cushion, I guess.....

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Christians in all areas of work would be a help. I think it would definitely help to have Christian-themed tattoos on display for people to think about getting. If I'm going to see a tattoo, I'd sure want to see a faith-based one over any other.
Hi @dhh712

You said this - above - a bit back.

FHII said:

Probably 75% of the congregation have tattoos, including myself and the Pastor ..
I have a tattoo, I am not ashamed of it, but it has no bearing on my salvation. ..I also agree that it makes a statement of freedom in Christ. .. We got a lot of folks inked in our Church. Myself, the Pastor, his daughter and grand daughter included. Now, even my wife

It does follow that a lot of Christians would likely regard the tattoo artist profession positively and will have gotten accustomed to feeling comfortable in a tattoo parlor, right?

@Heart2Soul , who often talks a great deal of sense, said a while ago:
I do like the idea of Christian based tattoos to dispel the reputation given to those with tattoos in the past by some in society

Reactions: Heart2Soul

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Nancy

Yes she sure is! And beautiful as ever with her alabaster skin..she is fair.

And even if in the end your niece does feel the pull of the tattoo parlor, she'll likely just go in and have it done, and then like so many others then just move on.... :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My stepdaughter has always keeps hers covered up. ..Her Grandmother still doesn't know she has tattoos.
@RLT63 For some Christians the pragmatic strategy seems to be that it should be seen in order that it can act as a witness tool; FYI, this lady probably saw the discomfort involved in becoming a tattooed woman with the Scripture doctrine design as a worthwhile investment for future witness opportunities:
1668185906105.pngpinterest

cc @Rockerduck ; @GodsGrace

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@RLT63 PS: Of course, witness tattoos don't have to be big; but the lady with all the SOLAs injected in shows in any case a confidence in the likelihood of such tattooing becoming a regular tool in witness.

(All the young ppl with Bible verses tattooed with whom I have spoken seem to have undergone their inkings for witness tool reasons, anyway.)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
@GodsGrace So did they come and did the tattoo come up in conversation...?
Hi Farouk,
We had lunch all together and then the friend stayed all evening.
Here's what she said about the tattoo:
She said she doesn't like tattoos, not on men or women.
Not small tattoos or big tattoos or many tattoos.

Her father died back in December 2021.
About 3 months later, she was sitting in her kitchen and the thought just popped into her head to have the names
of her parents put on her arm. Small. Which she did.

She said she's happy with it but plans to remove two hearts that are by the 2 names.
She said she still likes it and will keep it forever, but she doesn't understand where the thought came from.

The conversation didn't last too long. I think she seemed a little confused about how she could do something
she doesn't really care for.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi Farouk,
We had lunch all together and then the friend stayed all evening.
Here's what she said about the tattoo:
She said she doesn't like tattoos, not on men or women.
Not small tattoos or big tattoos or many tattoos.

Her father died back in December 2021.
About 3 months later, she was sitting in her kitchen and the thought just popped into her head to have the names
of her parents put on her arm. Small. Which she did.

She said she's happy with it but plans to remove two hearts that are by the 2 names.
She said she still likes it and will keep it forever, but she doesn't understand where the thought came from.

The conversation didn't last too long. I think she seemed a little confused about how she could do something
she doesn't really care for.
Thanks, @GodsGrace .

Yes, tattoos can be the subject of urges that people have......hopefully there is plenty of aforethought before the parlor trip....sometimes there is not.......

Glad you guys had a great time.

Your comment a while ago is certainly true also:

almost every young girl I know has some sort of tatoo.
Even those very conservative types.

Yes, it's something that is done now; and like you rightly said it's something that the most conservative of recipients feel they can have done confidently. Like your friend that just visited. (It's often therefore also an opportunity for something faith-based to be inked in.)

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d
I got just a bit ago..... a hard ear piercing off the lobe. Thanks for your encouragement.

While there's no knowing how ppl will be motivated, you're right that sometimes just a bit of extra encouragement - whether with ink or piercing - can make a difference, I suppose.

So is the new earring doing okay now? sounds like it hurt a bit, at first....

(Seems like doing them up the ear also is the way to go for many ppl.)