Poll: Tattoo artist: if a Christian daughter/son of yours worked as one, would you be supportive?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Tattoo artist: if a daughter/son of yours worked as a tattoo artist, would you be supportive?

• I would only really know what I think if I found myself in the situation described

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ Thanks for your poll participation. I remember how you said that you could understand tattoos in some circumstances.
Yes, and yet I do not see it as a thing that is eternally necessary. And the overwhelming majority of people getting marked up aren't doing it for God.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, and yet I do not see it as a thing that is eternally necessary. .........
@TLHKAJ Oh I agree it's not necessary as such; & thanks for your post; interesting to see the wider context of how so many faith based have emerged and how so many Christians wish to receive them, often for testimony purposes.

I thought these quotes were interesting, that I saw:

Paula Castle took up tattooing after being made redundant from a sales job ..."I really did not want to do it. ...But I’m a bit of an all or nothing person so I said ‘yes’ and really pushed myself and I’ve not stopped...About 97% of my clients are female and that is universal across the board."
James McCarthy, Mirror dot co dot uk

Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

Addy said:
I am not one of those Christians who have a problem with tattoos.. and if I was younger... I might even get a little one that says... IT IS FINISHED.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi @Taken

Saw your thoughtful comments relating to Native Americans earlier on the other thread.

Also saw your recent, thoughtful comments on ppl in their 60s and 70s getting their first tattoos, and why.

Sometimes a newly done tattoo can be quite impressive, and can maybe seem quite satisfying both to the tattooee and the artist:

bcdfb846d158abac9efbf44249af28d9.jpg
pinterest dot com

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is freedom in Christ.

Indeed

If you feel convicted about tattoos, then don’t get them.

It's too late for me. I already have one. My "feelings" are what caused me to disobey God in this respect in the first place. The guilt I have placed on Christ for this, adding to His sufferings on Calvary, compels me to warn others to avoid doing injury to themselves and their Saviour, as I did.

People are too worried about what other people do.

There's no reason for me to be here if I don't care about what other people do.

The question in these endless threads about the perceived virtue of "witnessing tool" marks and cuts on human souls that Christ purchased with His own blood always boils down to the same thing:

Is it appropriate to mark and cut one's body as long as it somehow glorifies Him in our own minds?

My answer is "NO" in accordance with the Scriptures.

If you feel convicted that it wrong to answer the never-ending question being posed, there is freedom in Christ, so you are under no obligation to answer. :)

Reactions: Brakelite

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Did the Church bring Tattoo's into the world, or did the world bring Tattoo's into the Church. ???

@Behold

Well, yours is a thoughtful point.

I guess it can be viewed also as part of Romans 14 Christian liberty.

The perspective of a lot of ppl - a lot of Christians - would also seem to be that it can be a way of expressing what's on their hearts.

Paula Castle took up tattooing after being made redundant from a sales job ..."I really did not want to do it. ...But I’m a bit of an all or nothing person so I said ‘yes’ and really pushed myself and I’ve not stopped...About 97% of my clients are female and that is universal across the board."
James McCarthy, Mirror dot co dot uk

Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

Addy said:
I am not one of those Christians who have a problem with tattoos.. and if I was younger... I might even get a little one that says... IT IS FINISHED.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
PS: @Lambano Thanks for your participation in the poll vote!

As regard the self-employed status of many tattoo artists, it seems to be a fact that individual artists tend to build up a clientele; they not unusually have clients that keep going back to them. Like you said your wife has done.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Taken

Saw your thoughtful comments relating to Native Americans earlier on the other thread.

Also saw your recent, thoughtful comments on ppl in their 60s and 70s getting their first tattoos, and why.

Sometimes a newly done tattoo can be quite impressive, and can maybe seem quite satisfying both to the tattooee and the artist:

bcdfb846d158abac9efbf44249af28d9.jpg
pinterest dot com

Sure. Agree.

Reactions: farouk