Post your dreams here

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was in what I knew to be my home, but it was much bigger and grander than my 'real' house. It was like a huge, modern farmhouse with several dormers along the front facing roof. I was inside this house and up on the second story, going room to room and it was as if there were others there as well, almost like I was hosting an open house, or model home/show home where folks could come in for a look.

There was one section of the upstairs that I could access by a hidden door, concealed behind bookshelves and this area allowed me a secluded space which was neatly tucked away, and that included these dormers. The space was accordingly very well lit and cozy also, creating a private reading room with a comfortable wing-back chair set by the window with a lampstand beside it. It was well-appointed, as you would expect a private library, office or study of any sort of mansion, such as this place was. There was the main library, and then this hidden one.

When it began to rain, I noticed that the roof leaked at each one of these dormer areas, and the rain dripped inside causing no damage that I could perceive, but I noted that these dormer areas always seem prone to leak on rainy days. I took my place in the comfy chair and sat down to read a little.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An oak tree had been planted by a stream many, many years ago. No one remembered who had planted it, but after a long time from this oak came many others and now there was a small grove of these big, mature trees. There was a rain-fed stream that flowed beside the grove and their deep roots took advantage of an ample supply of water for the grove.

Two palm trees had sprung up on the other side of the creek from seeds dropped by the birds, these two grew straight and tall, advantaged by that same stream that would flow each time the rains came. They grew so tall that they rose above the height of the spreading branches of the oak trees below, pressing their crowns toward the sun, free from the shadows of those oaks.

But after many years of drought in the land, the stream dried up. And when the stream stopped flowing, the oaks suffered from the intense California heat. They withered and faded. Their leaves fell off and each year fewer and fewer grew back. They stopped producing any acorns and there was no new life in the grove.

The palms however thrived on. They seemed unaffected by the lack of rain. Their special fibrous roots spread out around them and they can store water in their trunks. Their feet in the sand, they stand with their heads near the fire in the sky.

When a sudden, but sustained storm came and the rains resumed after the long drought, the soil became soft and the little stream became a raging river that overflowed it's banks, eroding them and changing the course of the stream so it flowed right through the middle of the grove. When high winds accompanied the storm, several of the old, dry and tired branches of the oaks snapped off and fell to the ground, only to be swept away by the floodwaters. The waters cut away the soil from around the base of one of these old oaks and a big gust of wind caused it to lean beyond the crucial point of return with inadequate support from the soil around its base- the dry roots gave way and broke and the trunk of the tree snapped violently with a loud crack. The entire tree toppled over and as it did, one of it's mighty arms reached out- striking one of these palm trees right in the middle of it's height-- snapping it in half, bringing the head crashing to the ground along with the fallen oak.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I had a dream only last night in which I got chatting to a nice woman and we were getting on great, but then she lit a cigarette and started smoking so I made some excuse to slip away.
Call me picky but i prefer women who don't smell like hairy truckers..:)
aren't you too old for that tho

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Note: Why do I always have such childish dreams?

Dream 1
I dreamt that I was in highschool math class. I was just transferred in late, and I found there was a test which I had no idea on which I would have to take unprepared. My math teacher, an unflattering 60 year old woman, saw me come into the classroom and desperately wanted me. I was completely unappealed by her advances and she left the room in embarassment. I stole the answer sheet off her desk.

Dream 2
I was a naval spaceship captain and noticed that some rooms at the back of the ship were unused. I decided to turn them into nice quarters for the crew, who were living in cramped bunks. After my superior officer found out about this, he was offended that I did something so useless instead of focusing on the mission and using the rooms for munition storage.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Note: Why do I always have such childish dreams?

Dream 1
I dreamt that I was in highschool math class. I was just transferred in late, and I found there was a test which I had no idea on which I would have to take unprepared. My math teacher, an unflattering 60 year old woman, saw me come into the classroom and desperately wanted me. I was completely unappealed by her advances and she left the room in embarassment. I stole the answer sheet off her desk.

Dream 2
I was a naval spaceship captain and noticed that some rooms at the back of the ship were unused. I decided to turn them into nice quarters for the crew, who were living in cramped bunks. After my superior officer found out about this, he was offended that I did something so useless instead of focusing on the mission and using the rooms for munition storage.

Do the math.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I dreamt I was sitting in the back of a limosine talking with a chauffeur. We were asking all sorts of questions about eachother, most of which I can't remember, but I wish I could. There was an air of friendliness but also professional distance. Like he was a chauffeur first and a friend second.

The start of the dream is the haziest. We talked for a bit about the nature of souls and energy, and he said that light and energy are not what we think it is, it is caused by the Son of God, the outward expansion of God's consciousness. Energy is, in fact, the Son of God. If God the Father is the unmoved mover, eternally unchanging, the Son is that which is constantly changing.

He asked me: "May I ask a question about you? You have me as your driver. Do you like being led by other people? Is it comforting to have other people make decisions for you?"

I answered, I suppose it is comforting to have the burden of making decisions taken off of me.

He asked me a bunch of other questions, which I can't remember, something about my personality and childhood.

I asked him: "have you ever had a dream where your fundamental personality was radically different? I know I have, I have dreamt I killed people, I dreamt I was the sort of person who would cheat on his wife".

At a seamless transition, which I didn't even notice, I was no longer in the limosine, but I was now in a strip club (I have never been to a strip club in my life). We were sitting at a table and there were strippers all around us that we were ignoring to focus on the conversation.

"So suppose we were asleep right now, how do you know that the person you think you are, is really who you are? If you woke up, who do you think you would be?"

Then I woke up.

• Love
Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then I woke up.

And?

Who are you? Who did you wake up to be?

Are “you” the one who was having the conversation or are you the one who was sleeping, that the question was about?

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is the dream dreaming you?
I think the chauffeur was the one dreaming both of us. I thought I was a VIP but he outright told me that he was the one really in charge. (Your lessons in the unorthodox forum are really getting inside my head.) At the very least, my more insightful dreams are straightforward. None of that "cryptic symbolism" nonsense. Just assume I am a dumb-dumb and come out and tell me the nature of reality.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the chauffeur was the one dreaming both of us. I thought I was a VIP but he outright told me that he was the one really in charge. (Your lessons in the unorthodox forum are really getting inside my head.) At the very least, my more insightful dreams are straightforward. None of that "cryptic symbolism" nonsense. Just assume I am a dumb-dumb and come out and tell me the nature of reality.

I don’t assume that at all. You are one of a very few who have the wisdom to ask questions. Some very good questions. Only the wisest among us know that there is much they do not know. A fool will tell you all he knows and think he knows it all. They make God small, in thinking so.

He is not limited by our limited understanding of Him.

Your dreams are pretty straightforward. Those this gathered play their part. Programs… get your programs… You can’t tell the players without a program.

Smooth transition. When we strip away the exterior facade, that she’ll that you think of as you… then who are you, really?

The limo presumably was black? It is what was carrying you along. A conveyance, and you were being guided by another— in spirit. That’s all.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those about, and those at rest
Ones self made known, as though undressed
From rooms within, with windows closed
To keep that in thus unexposed?

Reactions: Adam

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Smooth transition. When we strip away the exterior facade, that she’ll that you think of as you… then who are you, really?
Interesting insight, I thought that the strip club was just a way of highlighting the idea that I was a different person in my dream, but it also does have a symbolic value as well.

The limo presumably was black? It is what was carrying you along. A conveyance, and you were being guided by another— in spirit. That’s all.
I don't know what color it was, I was inside of it.

Also the driver looked like Freddy Mercury, what's the deal with that? When I told my wife she started laughing and said "you must have been someone VERY important if Freddy Mercury was YOUR driver".

Last edited:

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was travelling down the road and I found a large metal key. I kept on walking and passed by an abandoned victorian era mansion. The gates were bound by chains and they started rattling. I used the key on the padlock and the chains opened. Inside the mansion was an old hand-cranked candy machine. I started turning it and created black candies that looked like slugs. Despite their awful appearance, they were actually delicious and I started giving them to everyone I could. When people started eating them, their lips started to be stained black, as were my own. I realized there was something very, very wrong with this and I started handing out white candies, which helped reverse the black stains but many people still had black-stained mouths because of me.

Before I had the epiphany that God was in everyone, I was very interested in politics and was very conservative. I said a lot of nasty things about leftists, gays, feminists, etc. I did this for years.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting insight, I thought that the strip club was just a way of highlighting the idea that I was a different person in my dream, but it also does have a symbolic value as well.

I don't know what color it was, I was inside of it.

Also the driver looked like Freddy Mercury, what's the deal with that? When I told my wife she started laughing and said "you must have been someone VERY important if Freddy Mercury was YOUR driver".

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was travelling down the road and I found a large metal key. I kept on walking and passed by an abandoned victorian era mansion. The gates were bound by chains and they started rattling. I used the key on the padlock and the chains opened. Inside the mansion was an old hand-cranked candy machine. I started turning it and created black candies that looked like slugs. Despite their awful appearance, they were actually delicious and I started giving them to everyone I could. When people started eating them, their lips started to be stained black, as were my own. I realized there was something very, very wrong with this and I started handing out white candies, which helped reverse the black stains but many people still had black-stained mouths because of me.

Before I had the epiphany that God was in everyone, I was very interested in politics and was very conservative. I said a lot of nasty things about leftists, gays, feminists, etc. I did this for years.

"What defiles a person is not what goes into the mouth; it is what comes out of the mouth that defiles a person.”

I'm glad you found the key.

Last edited: