Practice what you preach..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
You say that arguing and debating is okay because Jesus did it, but remember Jesus was the judge of the world and he came to make some very crooked paths straight..
Do you practice what you preach? Do you turn the other cheek? From a forum to real life will you really let someone degrade you and take whats yours?
The Lord is at hand and we will all be judged soon and carry our own burdens..
Someone recently has descided not to pay a debt they owe and I found myself asking these questions, I hustled in times past and its very hard to let something like this go its very disrespectful and degrading to me I am a disciple of Christ so what im going to do is already written,
We really must ask ourselves am I able to change who I am/was and put off all of my old deeds pride and attitude to honour the creator..

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
I can relate to people not paying you, straight out ripping you off. I have worked for a couple computer repair shops work was slow for one and he had to lay me off. I help him orginise and taught him new techniques. Well he called one day and had a job he didnt want to tackle. It was a computer that was built in to one of those $200,000 diesel motor homes. It was a very specialized computer that ran on both 12 and 110 volts. This man was a dealer. Had his own business. He gave me a cash for the specialized parts I had to order to repair it and the LCD monitor. After I repaired it I reinstalled it in the motor home and handed him a bill for 340 dollars labor ect. I also filled out a statement about the problem and the repair so he could present it to his insurance agent to recover the cost. He looked me straight in the eye and told me he wasn't going to pay me. He knew I was on UE and he was going to report me to his brother in law or some one that apparently had some clout. I assured him I was not intimidated and had also repaired a server at a local mill for the same computer out fit that refereed me to him. I had reported it and it would be foolish for me not to. This was a big mill sierra pacific, there whole sanding line was down and needed help NOW. They had no time to want for their tech to fly in.

Long story short. I became upset and he called 911 on me. I sat in the office as he talked on the phone refusing to give him the information the dispatcher was asking for about me. She finally realized I was sitting there and had this bum hand me the phone. I spoke with her and told her the story. She told me separate myself from him until the sheriff arrived. IAs I was walking outside this bum was tauting me like you wouldn't believe doing everything but touching me in hopes of me getting physical with him. I thought he was going to hit me.

By doing what was right and standing on the truth I completely turned his attempt to intimidate me as well as attempt to scare me off by involving the sheriff. It wasn't much fun and I was relieved when the police arrived. There was nothing they could do about collecting my money and gave me all the information about taking him to small claims court. Thats something I nether made the desire or money to pursue. After the fact I had a peace about the whole incedent, and would encourage you to follow the same. Stay grounded on the truth, don't be affraid. Don't lose sight of the fact it just money. If you do you will lose the peace of the Lord, just continue to put your head down and move forward in the faith you have been given. In the end you will be rewarded, not by self justification threw the court or retribution but threw the grace of God. I find He takes great pleasure in those that in times of trouble completely surrender to Him. Those experiences are priceless. Apply the advice Jesus told the rich man in your camel needle thread. Whats more important? Following the truth in Jesus or collecting your money.

Jesus said to him, “One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me.”

Maybe this is just an opportunity to prove yourself, and lay a bit of treasure up in a place it will never be lost.
God Bless ya I hope the financial loss is something you can recover from easily.

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
James 2:5-6
[sup]5[/sup] Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him? [sup]6[/sup] But you have dishonored the poor man. Do not the rich oppress you and drag you into the courts? [sup]7[/sup] Do they not blaspheme that noble name by which you are called?

1 Cor 11:22
[sup]22[/sup] What! Do you not have houses to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and shame those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you in this? I do not praise you.

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
Thank you, yes it is just a test of my obedience and temperence, the flesh says kill but the Spirit says forgive.. :/

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
Okay now the guy just came trying to fight me, i pray that Gods will be done i pray that he keeps this person away from me but if he wants vengence then bring him back, this is rediculous!!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Not worth it... walk away...

I have a friend from surfing who was with a buddy down in Newport a few years ago... some guy came up and wanted to fight him... my friends buddy didn't want to fight... the other guy cracked him and caught him just the wrong way and my friends buddy died... now that other guy is in prison and for what? So worthless...

You never know where stuff like that can escalate or what kind of repercussions can come...

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say that arguing and debating is okay because Jesus did it, but remember Jesus was the judge of the world and he came to make some very crooked paths straight..
Do you practice what you preach? Do you turn the other cheek? From a forum to real life will you really let someone degrade you and take whats yours?
The Lord is at hand and we will all be judged soon and carry our own burdens..
Someone recently has descided not to pay a debt they owe and I found myself asking these questions, I hustled in times past and its very hard to let something like this go its very disrespectful and degrading to me I am a disciple of Christ so what im going to do is already written,
We really must ask ourselves am I able to change who I am/was and put off all of my old deeds pride and attitude to honour the creator..

You are absolutely correct and boy, it sure is difficult! You know, it involves turning over the two most powerful parts of ourselves over to God - the ego and the tongue - ugh. And every time I fail, I feel like Peter denying Christ, especially because it seems like I never see it coming until I am at the end of it, wondering what happened! This is a great topic - it is a good reminder to keep focusing on Christ and continue in His sanctification, no matter how difficult and no matter how many times I fail.

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
Okay now the guy just came trying to fight me, i pray that Gods will be done i pray that he keeps this person away from me but if he wants vengence then bring him back, this is rediculous!!

My guess is its over with. The guy that refused to pay was the same way. They know there wrong they can't stand you now. Your simply a reminder to them of how wrong they are.
Be careful and don't take matters into your own hands. If possible get some where, where there are witnesses. People like that will try to create an instance to justify there actions. And it won't be pretty ether, they will lie and try to bait you into making a mistake. They will be just as hateful and deceptive as when they first burned you, maybe worse depending on the embarrassment it my make for them and there attempt to justify it my be worse than the original offense.

One more thing, try to keep from repeating the offense, don't go around telling every one in town especially if its not business related, that makes it a personal matter your story against his in the long run your going to lose as well.

Isaiah 55
[sup]1[/sup] “Ho! Everyone who thirsts,
Come to the waters;
And you who have no money,
Come, buy and eat.
Yes, come, buy wine and milk
Without money and without price.
[sup]2[/sup] Why do you spend money for what is not bread,
And your wages for what does not satisfy?
Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good,
And let your soul delight itself in abundance.
[sup]3[/sup] Incline your ear, and come to Me.
Hear, and your soul shall live;
And I will make an everlasting covenant with you—
The sure mercies of David.

paul1234

Jan 20, 2011
england

A wise man would do this, when his says I am not paying say that’s ok sir, do not go to the police,, remember money its just paper, Go into the middle of a field and scream your head of get it out of your system, a week latter all forgotten about, you had the upper hand on him. Ha ha always remember good always over comes evil answer some one the way Jesus would answer them.

Satan was doing that for a reason to sow in to your heart where by you don’t forgive?

DECEPTIONS FROM SATAN GOD MADE ME FOR THIS VERY REASON WHY DO YOU THINK HE GIVES ME A HARD TIME?

Deception from Satan how he leads PEOPLE TO t hell

Before god forgives you all you sins

First you have to forgive all those that have sinned against us.

God love and grace that he has for you little children can not be measured it is infinite, ask god for the grace of forgiveness, all that ask receives

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll be honest and say I got slammed with this a few years back.

It was my senior year in college; I was working on a ring for my now wife and finishing up school. To make a long and strange story short - a story which I shared here before - it left my in a position where I was dealing with a seriously injured friend of mine in a bad roommate situation. Although his family moved in (his parents 24/7 and his sister on the weekends), I was expected to pay half rent and half everything else. For a while, it was no big deal; the guy had been through hell losing legs and close to death. When I first approached him about moving out, he said his parents just couldn't afford it.

Well, after a while what was not about money become about money. I delayed my wife's ring because I was paying a power bill that had doubled. Eventually I moved out with 5 months left on the lease and I paid that amount although I was not living in the duplex. (Not to mention the gas I spent driving to class now.) I left furniture and still looked after the place when they had to go out of town.

Unfortunately, rumors were spread shortly thereafter that I had moved in with my then GF and so on and so forth. She taught at a local school (she was student teaching) and she literally walked in one morning to congratulations on being engaged even though that was not the case. They speculated to our neighbors in the area (whom we happened to be close with) that we were moving out just to move in together.

It took me way too long to get past that situation. For a kid like me, that was a lot of money. What made it so hard is I saw the weekend shopping trips, eating out multiple nights a week, and so on. They literally let me pay a whole bill and never paid me back for their half. I was bitter about it - perhaps for a time more-so than losing a friend.

I tell you it can be very difficult to do what God's told us to do. To this day I don't believe the folks to be evil - we're not on good terms I'm sad to say - but the situation was clearly exploited. I might not have done what Jesus would have done, but I still look back on that situation and don't feel guilt about what I did. I'd like to have let the bitterness go earlier, but my wife and pastor got me through that part.

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
Thanks for the responses he had a broken knee so God stop me from doing anything stupid he said hell be back tommorow pretty sure hes bringing a friend.. I told him just dont come around my house again then it escallated

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
Helmet

I don't think you fully understand the story. I didn't do anything to provoke him into calling the police. He thought I was simply moonlighting working under the table while collecting unemployment. He figured he could simply intimidate me and scare me. Yes I did like most would did raise my voice, I was in shock at his refusal to pay, the next words out of his mouth were Im reporting to the UE office, I said fine I report my earnings bla bla, he comes back with I know some one that works there. Little did he know This was a common thing working in a professional capacity on job referrals from the place I was layed off from. He then proceeds to call the police after he found out I wasn't running for the door. Maybe you don't understand, But if you had been around there talked with a few employees I had a hunch this weasel might try a fast one that's why I got the money for parts up front. I still took a loss, gas, drive time parts time labor I had myself ect.

He thought if he picked up the phone I would high tall it out. He had a lot of egg on his face and had to create a story about why he called the police, he said I threw papers on the floor and he was fearful. Then he told the police the computer didn't work, but refused to show them at my request. He wanted me off the property. You see I really didn't have a choice, and after he called the cops there was no way I was going to leave. That would have justified any story he wanted to tell them. The reason the police didn't demand to see the working computer, they told me its not there job to determine its condition or that I had worked on it ect ect ect. It was a collection matter, They told me all I could do was to take him to court.

BTW I think you had your finger on the enter key

Thanks for the responses he had a broken knee so God stop me from doing anything stupid he said hell be back tommorow pretty sure hes bringing a friend.. I told him just dont come around my house again then it escallated

I'm kinda wondering what hs doing at your house when he owes you money? Mind tell us some details?

paul1234

Jan 20, 2011
england
I can relate to people not paying you, straight out ripping you off. I have worked for a couple computer repair shops work was slow for one and he had to lay me off. I help him orginise and taught him new techniques. Well he called one day and had a job he didnt want to tackle. It was a computer that was built in to one of those $200,000 diesel motor homes. It was a very specialized computer that ran on both 12 and 110 volts. This man was a dealer. Had his own business. He gave me a cash for the specialized parts I had to order to repair it and the LCD monitor. After I repaired it I reinstalled it in the motor home and handed him a bill for 340 dollars labor ect. I also filled out a statement about the problem and the repair so he could present it to his insurance agent to recover the cost. He looked me straight in the eye and told me he wasn't going to pay me. He knew I was on UE and he was going to report me to his brother in law or some one that apparently had some clout. I assured him I was not intimidated and had also repaired a server at a local mill for the same computer out fit that refereed me to him. I had reported it and it would be foolish for me not to. This was a big mill sierra pacific, there whole sanding line was down and needed help NOW. They had no time to want for their tech to fly in.

Long story short. I became upset and he called 911 on me. I sat in the office as he talked on the phone refusing to give him the information the dispatcher was asking for about me. She finally realized I was sitting there and had this bum hand me the phone. I spoke with her and told her the story. She told me separate myself from him until the sheriff arrived. IAs I was walking outside this bum was tauting me like you wouldn't believe doing everything but touching me in hopes of me getting physical with him. I thought he was going to hit me.

By doing what was right and standing on the truth I completely turned his attempt to intimidate me as well as attempt to scare me off by involving the sheriff. It wasn't much fun and I was relieved when the police arrived. There was nothing they could do about collecting my money and gave me all the information about taking him to small claims court. Thats something I nether made the desire or money to pursue. After the fact I had a peace about the whole incedent, and would encourage you to follow the same. Stay grounded on the truth, don't be affraid. Don't lose sight of the fact it just money. If you do you will lose the peace of the Lord, just continue to put your head down and move forward in the faith you have been given. In the end you will be rewarded, not by self justification threw the court or retribution but threw the grace of God. I find He takes great pleasure in those that in times of trouble completely surrender to Him. Those experiences are priceless. Apply the advice Jesus told the rich man in your camel needle thread. Whats more important? Following the truth in Jesus or collecting your money.

Jesus said to him, “One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me.”

Maybe this is just an opportunity to prove yourself, and lay a bit of treasure up in a place it will never be lost.
God Bless ya I hope the financial loss is something you can recover from easily.

Satan works through his own people to have a go at you because you’re in Christ, looks like he got the upper hand on you that day.

A wise man would do this, when his says I am not paying say that’s ok sir, do not go to the police,, remember money its just paper, Go into the middle of a field and scream your head of get it out of your system, a week latter all forgotten about, you had the upper hand on him. Ha ha always remember good always over comes evil answer some one the way Jesus would answer them.

Satan was doing that for a reason to sow in to your heart where by you don’t forgive?

DECEPTIONS FROM SATAN GOD MADE ME FOR THIS VERY REASON WHY DO YOU THINK HE GIVES ME A HARD TIME?

God love and grace that he has for you little children can not be measured it is infinite, ask god for the grace of forgiveness, all that ask receives

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
Satan works through his own people to have a go at you because you’re in Christ, looks like he got the upper hand on you that day.

OK we can do this again I'll make the fonts bigger as well.

Helmet

I don't think you fully understand the story. I didn't do anything to provoke him into calling the police. He thought I was simply moonlighting working under the table while collecting unemployment. He figured he could simply intimidate me and scare me. Yes I did like most would did raise my voice, I was in shock at his refusal to pay, the next words out of his mouth were Im reporting to the UE office, I said fine I report my earnings bla bla, he comes back with I know some one that works there. Little did he know This was a common thing working in a professional capacity on job referrals from the place I was layed off from. He then proceeds to call the police after he found out I wasn't running for the door. Maybe you don't understand, But if you had been around there talked with a few employees I had a hunch this weasel might try a fast one that's why I got the money for parts up front. I still took a loss, gas, drive time parts time labor I had myself ect.

He thought if he picked up the phone I would high tall it out. He had a lot of egg on his face and had to create a story about why he called the police, he said I threw papers on the floor and he was fearful. Then he told the police the computer didn't work, but refused to show them at my request. He wanted me off the property. You see I really didn't have a choice, and after he called the cops there was no way I was going to leave. That would have justified any story he wanted to tell them.
He could have called the cops after I left as well just to add weight to his BS testimony. The reason the police didn't demand to see the working computer, they told me its not there job to determine its condition or that I had worked on it ect ect ect. It was a collection matter, They told me all I could do was to take him to court.

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
@Jacob; the details are he is a friend of my dads and my brothers, they smoke weed together, I dont smoke with them because what fellowship hath light and darkness,he rang the door today, i answered and said 'they're not home' then said 'whats up with that bread u owe me' he said how hes not paying (excuses) I said 'dont come around here again if your not going to pay' then went inside. 5 minutes later multiple rings at the door and strted talking chatter, ect ect.

Honestly I have no fear of death or evil, I fear not what man shall do unto me but fear what the creator can do with my soul I rebuke those devils in Jesus name, rebuke my pride and arrogance and desire for violence..
I pray that Gods will is done and that he gives me the stregnth to be an example to others by turning the othr cheek, please forgive me for my folly, vengence is Gods nd if I get beat up and the Spirit fights back that is fine with me, if I take some blows and turn my cheeks, thats alright.
Get behind me satan and old devon my soul is sold to God.

I have begun to notice that my mind is full of violence.. Not like hate or anything just want to help Gods children and I guess my body also wants violence.. Gotta make a change.. Lord help me.

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
@Jacob; the details are he is a friend of my dads and my brothers, they smoke weed together, I dont smoke with them because what fellowship hath light and darkness,he rang the door today, i answered and said 'they're not home' then said 'whats up with that bread u owe me' he said how hes not paying (excuses) I said 'dont come around here again if your not going to pay' then went inside. 5 minutes later multiple rings at the door and strted talking chatter, ect ect.

Honestly I have no fear of death or evil, I fear not what man shall do unto me but fear what the creator can do with my soul I rebuke those devils in Jesus name, rebuke my pride and arrogance and desire for violence..
I pray that Gods will is done and that he gives me the stregnth to be an example to others by turning the othr cheek, please forgive me for my folly, vengence is Gods nd if I get beat up and the Spirit fights back that is fine with me, if I take some blows thats alright..
Get behind me satan and old devon my soul is sold to God.

I see now. It's a situation you can't easily separate yourself from. makes sense now. I'll be mindful of it, in hopes you have a great victory. By victory I mean a closer relationship in Christ that's the victory. Thumbs up!

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
Yeah I dont want to sin. But I prayed that God will anoint me and keep me from sin in this whole situation, my only fear is God and I have faith that hell keep me from sin and his wrath so now no worries at all. Just pray that the guy is forgiven

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
Thanks for the encouragement and prayers everyone!

Its funny how God works, I made this thread then soon after im tested with this to where I wouldve lost it.. but he provided a way out and he had a broken knee.. God is good.