Praise be to the God of Jesus Christ!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amadeus, many judge me- like Grace- and IGNORE biblical questions.
By doing so, they reveal themselves.
You and I, for example, will NEVER ignore biblical questions!

I will always ignore foolish questions ...they are pointless and a waste of time.
Your only agenda seems to be to get people to agree with you.

If there was a discussion which brought me closer to God I could maybe understand the reason for questioning...but when it is just pointless, irrelevant stuff ...phtt...

Reactions: bbyrd009 and pia

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
English, please?
The second line of my post was in "English". It was enough that you should have clearly discerned my answer. That you did not discern it, gives me pause.

As for the first line, are not you the one that has stated, and I quote:
Misconception is avoided by sticking to the words (Hebrew and Greek) God inspired when these books were written.

It is a simple verse in transliterated Hebrew, one that is not hard to work out. Heck, a C&P to Google would probably have yielded the answer.

Further, you have a profile post in which you state: "Loving God's Ruach!"
Are you allowed to use transliterated Hebrew and I am not?

Last edited:
Reactions: Job and Helen

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The second line of my post was in "English". It was enough that you should have clearly discerned my answer. That you did not discern it, gives me pause.

As for the first line, are not you the one that has stated, and I quote:

It is a simple verse in transliterated Hebrew, one that is not hard to work out. Heck, a C&P to Google would probably have yielded the answer.

Further, you have a profile post in which you state: "Loving God's Ruach!"
Are you allowed to use transliterated Hebrew and I am not?

Pardon ME for actually trying to Understand what you posted.
My bad!

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the rare person that DOES know the God of Jesus Christ.
It is clear WHY they don't!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People often know no more than some other man has taught them. To the extent that such teachers were in error, the students are likely also to be in error.

Having said that consider that there may be believers whose hearts are right with God even though they know now very few of the details. When I was an ignorant backslid Catholic, God drew me to Him and within a few weeks the Holy Spirit was in me, but I knew almost nothing. I have grown since then as God has given the increase, but if it had been my time to leave this veil of flesh and meet the Lord back in 1976 just after He called me and I answered and came to Him, how much would I have known? Not much in scripture which at the time I had never read, but of God I believe that I would have known enough.

A key for each of us, I believe, is that while we have time, we cannot stop growing toward Him. To stop is to become like water that does not move at all for a period of time. Eventually in stagnates and dies. It can no longer support Life. Consider also if any man who has met the Master decides he is OK where he is in the Lord and never again needs to pray or read a Bible or... And so such man knew enough even though he knew very little. Hmmm?!?

Last edited:
Reactions: pia and theQuestion

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Pardon ME for actually trying to Understand what you posted.
My bad!

I took a moment before I replied unto you. I read all of your posts to that point in time.

My post served two purposes. One, to reveal to you the 'Elohim of Jesus. Two, to test the depth of your knowledge / understanding. To see where you are with regard as to who the 'Elohim of Jesus is, and who Jesus really is.

I have seen many come and go. Very few with any real depth of knowledge / understanding. I have seen so many using a "Strong's" concordance do as you have begun. I have seen some good, but I have also seen more error than good. In fact, I have seen people attempting to do so, actually render evil for good, and good for evil. Thus, as a brother, I must also warn you to have a care, be careful.

You have made a start, but I discern you still have a ways to go. I do wish you the best upon your path. I pray that YHVH through His beloved son bless you in your search and studies.

BTW: It was Devarim 6:4

Oops, Deuteronomy.

Reactions: Pisteuo and pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It certainly seems that way, and it ought not be this way...Would you mind writing a little on what you see as the clarity of why they don't?
Personally, I see it this way...people can get to know a little bit about me by reading what I write in these posts, but not one person here ( but one ) can say that they KNOW me to any degree....Jesus opened the way for us to actually really get to KNOW God, not just things about Him which other people wrote about or experienced, but for real...I cannot fathom why there is such resistance to getting to know the real God, through His very own Holy Spirit, who will KNOW better than all the Christians put together...Get's so old, people just arguing over what someone wrote a couple of thousand years ago, and what they may have meant...Why won't people go to Him for the right answers ? Also, why only go by what other people have experienced with Him, why don't they want their own experiences with Him ? Hurts in my 'heart' all the time, that people just reject the reality of Him out of hand and then go on to thinking that they know all they need to know through other peoples eyes...Even people of the 'world and the flesh' surely know, that just because they read something in a magazine or newspaper about, let's say the USA President, they wouldn't go on to believing that they KNOW the man, no matter how factual an account they are reading..
Look forward to your reply :)

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It certainly seems that way, and it ought not be this way...Would you mind writing a little on what you see as the clarity of why they don't?
Personally, I see it this way...people can get to know a little bit about me by reading what I write in these posts, but not one person here ( but one ) can say that they KNOW me to any degree....Jesus opened the way for us to actually really get to KNOW God, not just things about Him which other people wrote about or experienced, but for real...I cannot fathom why there is such resistance to getting to know the real God, through His very own Holy Spirit, who will KNOW better than all the Christians put together...Get's so old, people just arguing over what someone wrote a couple of thousand years ago, and what they may have meant...Why won't people go to Him for the right answers ? Also, why only go by what other people have experienced with Him, why don't they want their own experiences with Him ? Hurts in my 'heart' all the time, that people just reject the reality of Him out of hand and then go on to thinking that they know all they need to know through other peoples eyes...Even people of the 'world and the flesh' surely know, that just because they read something in a magazine or newspaper about, let's say the USA President, they wouldn't go on to believing that they KNOW the man, no matter how factual an account they are reading..
Look forward to your reply :)

PLA, what the media refers to as "Christianity" is in reality only "CHURCHianity", divided, with their own dogma, and little or ANY of Christ;'s teachings about himself and his God accepted.

Getting to KNOW God and Christ is possible ONLY to the sincere that WANT to.
As Jesus' brother James wrote- all they have to do is ASK, and He WILL give you the Understanding.
BUT- who wants to find out their dearest friends, clergy and family have been Royally Conned?

I sure didn't- but i DID WANT to know who God really was, and the TRUTH of the matter, so the spirit and the truth finally enabled me to SEE!

Last edited:

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@theQuestion ....It made me so happy to see your reply, just what I had hoped for when I asked for clarity. I totally agree and yes, many simply do NOT want to go to Him, but I'm still at a loss as to why...Are they afraid of being with Him ? Or are they afraid He will meddle in their lives ? Doesn't make any sense to me at all.
Wouldn't it be better though to find out one has been conned BEFORE He comes back or before they have to go to the 'after' ? I surely would rather know.....Thank you :)

Reactions: theQuestion

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theQuestion ....It made me so happy to see your reply, just what I had hoped for when I asked for clarity. I totally agree and yes, many simply do NOT want to go to Him, but I'm still at a loss as to why...Are they afraid of being with Him ? Or are they afraid He will meddle in their lives ? Doesn't make any sense to me at all.
Wouldn't it be better though to find out one has been conned BEFORE He comes back or before they have to go to the 'after' ? I surely would rather know.....Thank you :)
@pia Remember here the following words penned by Jeremiah:

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10"23

Men cannot do it on their own, but even many who have declared themselves for Christ keep trying it being led by the Spirit.

"And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness," Luke 4:1

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." Rom 8:14

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is truly WONDERFUL to be here, with those like you!
Agape!
I'm not assuming you are writing this to me, but I just wanted to say thank you to you for being here...It is so great to see another who is willing to know the Living Christ...I very much look forward to what you may yet write, as I know a couple of others here will too....Bless you...

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is YOUR definition of the word "God"?
Is this for anyone ? Can't wait to see what people respond to this lol......I found out that the word God came about when Luther translated the then Bible into German, and it merely means 'supreme being'....That He certainly is, but for myself, to try to define God, well I can't, as the more I find out, the more I find there is to know, so He just gets bigger and bigger all the time, as if He is expanding like our universe does haha.
Please can you tell me what you think?

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, Pia- and it was referring to you, too!
And, regardless of how the word began, it DOES mean "the Supreme Being"!
It's tragilarious how Churchianity uses it as 'the Supreme Beings'!

Last edited:

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Any of you know who that IS?

I am curious, I have seen you refer to YHVH and his son as two separate entities, with that I agree. I have seen you refer to "godman".

Now, I have no doubt, that to you, YHVH is 'Elohim.
I have no doubt, that to you, the Ruakh haQodesh is the very spirit of YHVH.
With those I agree.

But what I have not noticed, and perhaps I missed it:

Who exactly is "Jesus" to you? I have gathered that to you he is a separate entity. With that I agree. But of what origin?

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am curious, I have seen you refer to YHVH and his son as two separate entities, with that I agree. I have seen you refer to "godman".
Now, I have no doubt, that to you, YHVH is 'Elohim.
I have no doubt, that to you, the Ruakh haQodesh is the very spirit of YHVH.
With those I agree.
But what I have not noticed, and perhaps I missed it:
Who exactly is "Jesus" to you? I have gathered that to you he is a separate entity. With that I agree. But of what origin?

Why the mixture of Hebrew and English?
I know this may come as a shock, but Jesus is ACTUALLY God's only-begotten (born, created, brought to life) son,
The other sons, and all else, were created by him and THROUGH him.