Pray for neighbor, this is important...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know people made fun of me for complaining about my neighbors on other areas of the forum as they saw it as lack of loving them, which I thought was strange.

The neighbor has been beating his little dog and I can hear it thru the walls as the dog cries and he hits it.

The only thing that I think can help is prayer so that God stops him, which I know God can.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know people made fun of me for complaining about my neighbors on other areas of the forum as they saw it as lack of loving them, which I thought was strange.

But now my neighbor that is making all that noise is beating his tiny dog at various hours of the night and morning. That's right, he got a poor tiny dog to beat. He is pounding the walls and smacking the dog loud enough that I can hear it thru the walls and I can hear the sound of the dog crying as he yelps with each hit. He is a barely legal Mexican that used to be a burglar and career criminal. At least that's what my other neighbor reported to me.

The only thing that I think can help is prayer so that God stops him, which I know God can.
Praying.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure that is an option for me as he would surely know it was me. He appears to be crazy and armed and dangerous.

Oh my. That's so horrible he is abusing that little dog. Prayed now.

Is there any way the abuse can be heard by people passing by on the street? Or can it be heard by any other neighbor? If so, he might not know that you called animal control.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't even think of this, it would kill me to hear that! I'm sure someone else hears this also Devin. If so, and one of you calls Animal Control and this neighbor blames you, get your other neighbors to come out and admit to calling...haha! What could this person do then.
I just prayed for the neighbor and that poor helpless animal who will be terrified of any person coming near him/her. 1695607631638.png

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The neighbor has been beating his little dog and I can hear it thru the walls as the dog cries and he hits it.

Dev.

What I know works to restore people and enable them to connect with others, is for God's people to pray for those who are difficult to get along with, asking God to include them among those Whom He will draw to Himself.

Then every morning, you can thank God that He has heard your request for your neighbour, giving thanks that God has heard you and is working to fulfil the drawing of your neighbour to Himself.

This time of praying for your neighbour to be Bless with a deep and meaningful relationship with God as He draws him to Himself may take months to unfold, but your belief in the Goodness of God will not go unanswered.

Shalom

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I pray Call animal control and report the abuse. :pray:

That poor little dogs cries are their prayer that it stop!
You hear it so they're in every sense begging you for help.
You can also call 911 if it is after AC hours of operation and they'll send help.
:(

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray Call animal control and report the abuse. :pray:

That poor little dogs cries are their prayer that it stop!
You hear it so they're in every sense begging you for help.
You can also call 911 if it is after AC hours of operation and they'll send help.
:(

Tell them that when you call. They should keep your name out of it.

Dev, I hope you will call for help for the dog.

If that neighbor threatens you, you could tell them to leave you alone or you will call 911.

How many neighbors are in your building? He might not know who called about the abuse.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope the friend comes for his dog and is a kind person.
Thanks Debp! Yeah I started thinking that might be a good prayer. That the owner picks up his dog.

Reactions: Debp

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

You could be God's right hand to your neighbour by going over to your neighbour and asking him to stop beating his dog.
Of course it's easier to pray and pass the responsibility onto God for solving injustices while dismissing your own.....however, you have a choice.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've thought about calling animal control. They could take the dog if they find it's being abused. I saw the dog out today with the guy that lives with my neighbor and the dog looked fine. And if animal control takes the dog there's a good chance they will euthanize it later. I've heard stories of people losing their dogs to have it euthanized at the shelter before they find it. Doesn't take long here. https://www.lawinfo.com/resources/i...my-dog-be-killed-by-animal-control-if-it.html

"These laws provide the minimum required period that an animal (usually a dog or cat) must be kept at a pound or public animal shelter before it is sold, adopted out, or euthanized. Typically, the holding period runs from five to seven days. However, it can be as short as 48 to 72 hours in some cases." State Holding Period Laws for Impounded Animals | Animal Legal & Historical Center

"56 percent of dogs and 71 percent of cats that enter animal shelters are euthanized. More cats are euthanized than dogs because they are more likely to enter a shelter without any owner identification." Animal Shelter Euthanasia - American Humane

We're not supposed to have pets here, and I don't even think it's his dog. He had told me when I first saw him with the dog it would just be there for a week. That was like two weeks ago. I think he's watching it for a friend.
So, have a plan in place.

If the dog stays with the abuser their likely fate is death anyway. Just slow and painful in coming.

If you know anyone who loves dogs, friend, coworker, ask them if they would adopt the animal after it is rescued.
If so, when you call AC, the dog will have a home as soon as their able to be adopted.

With respect, it sounds like you are talking your way out of saving this poor dog.
That they look fine after you heard them screaming due to abuse the night before doesn't mean their fine.
Abuse doesn't always show. On the outside.

Imagine if Jesus excused why we weren't worth saving.

Reactions: Cassandra

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said the dog looked OK yesterday when the roommate walked it. I'm starting to wonder if the guy was doing another one of his bang on the appliances and walls things again and the dog was yapping at him while he was doing it. I can't be sure.

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said the dog looked OK yesterday when the roommate walked it. I'm starting to wonder if the guy was doing another one of his bang on the appliances and walls things again and the dog was yapping at him while he was doing it. I can't be sure.
Why not ask the roommate?

Reactions: Debp

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not feeling well today. I may not be able to log on for a while.
:pray:

wish-you-well-feel-better-soon.gif

• Love
Reactions: dev553344 and Debp