Prayer For 2013

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Graceismine

Dec 16, 2012
New Zealand
January 1,2013

Dave Hunt
‎(Today's post is from former Berean Call board member and Dave Hunt's friend, Bill MacDonald):

As we come to the beginning of another year, we would do well to make the following prayer requests our own:

Lord Jesus, I rededicate myself afresh to You today. I want You to take my life this coming year and use it for Your glory.

I pray that You will keep me from sin, from anything that will bring dishonor to Your Name.

Keep me teachable by the Holy Spirit. I want to move forward for You. Don't let me settle in a rut.

May my motto this year be, "He must increase; I must decrease." The glory must all be Yours. Help me not to touch it.

Teach me to make every decision a matter of prayer. I dread the thought of leaning on my own understanding. "O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps" (Jer. 10:23).

May I die to the world and even to the approval or blame of loved ones or friends. Give me a single, pure desire to do the things that please Your heart.

Keep me from gossip and criticism of others. Rather, help me to speak what is edifying and profitable.

Lead me to needy souls. May I become a friend of sinners, as You are. Give me tears of compassion for the perishing.

Lord Jesus, keep me from becoming cold, bitter, or cynical in spite of anything that may happen to me in the Christian life.

Guide me in my stewardship of money. Help me to be a good steward of everything You have entrusted to me.

Help me to remember moment by moment that my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit. May this tremendous truth influence all my behavior.

And, Lord Jesus, I pray that this may be the year of Your return. I long to see Your face and to fall at Your feet in worship. During the coming year, may the blessed hope stay fresh in my heart, disengaging me from anything that would hold me here and keeping me on the tiptoes of expectancy. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
I used to receive his Berean Call newsletter till I realized the only people he hated more than Catholics were Calvinists. Now he is just a speedbump in my rearview mirror on my journey of Sanctification.

Graceismine

Dec 16, 2012
New Zealand
BiggAndyy said:
I used to receive his Berean Call newsletter till I realized the only people he hated more than Catholics were Calvinists. Now he is just a speedbump in my rearview mirror on my journey of Sanctification.
Something wrong with the prayer?

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Graceismine said:
Something wrong with the prayer?
Unless he will repent and repudiate his last 25 or so odd years of hating Catholics and Calvinists I find his prayer rather hollow and self serving.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHAT you need to remember is even Jesus told the people of his day to listen to the pharisee teaching but do not not copy what they do. this prayer is a fine prayer. i enjoyed it.

God bless

Graceismine

Dec 16, 2012
New Zealand
BiggAndyy said:
Unless he will repent and repudiate his last 25 or so odd years of hating Catholics and Calvinists I find his prayer rather hollow and self serving.
I would truly love to delete this thread because the prayer has been spoiled by your false accusations. You are a Mod and should IMO have better sense than to bring controversy into this forum that is meant for uplift and encouragement. :(

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
grace

don't let it get you down. if what you post reaches even one person then it was worth posting. it will be hard to post something and get everyone to agree with it.

God bless

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
I agree it should be moved to a more better forum I also disagree we somehow must respect the OPs original intent. Intentions are nice to have but there is a time when they must be subordinated to allow a greater truth through.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
BiggAndyy, on 06 Jan 2013 - 18:43, said:[

Unless he will repent and repudiate his last 25 or so odd years of hating Catholics and Calvinists I find his prayer rather hollow and self serving
Graceismine
I would truly love to delete this thread because the prayer has been spoiled by your false accusations. You are a Mod and should IMO have better sense than to bring controversy into this forum that is meant for uplift and encouragement.
Hi Grace,
Andy has a right to his opinions on a thread as much as any other member. However, If everyone had an opinion that they wanted to share that had nothing with the line of thinking in the O/P, it would be better if they created another thread, leaving the link in the original post stating their intentions. This would keep the original post intact and make it easier for the moderation purposes...

Blessings!!!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace is mine... Good prayer... Thanks for sharing. This is a multi-denominational board so don't be offended if someone does not like your posts... I have been enjoying them.

Graceismine

Dec 16, 2012
New Zealand
Thanks to all who replied. I don't take offense to any post that disagrees with mine, That is the nature of the boards . I am not offended here, just surprised that a prayer dedicating ourselves to Christ anew for a new year would offend a Mod.

Anyway, Happy New Year to all and may we, who are His know His richest blessings for 2013.

Perhaps the following won't be so controversial.

From the King's speech 1939

"I said to a man who stood at the gate of the year, "give me a light that I might walk safely into the unknown". He said to me, "put your hand into the hand of God, that shall be to you better than light and safer than the known way.""

God bless, Grace :)

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Graceismine said:
Thanks to all who replied. I don't take offense to any post that disagrees with mine, That is the nature of the boards . I am not offended here, just surprised that a prayer dedicating ourselves to Christ anew for a new year would offend a Mod.

Anyway, Happy New Year to all and may we, who are His know His richest blessings for 2013.

Perhaps the following won't be so controversial.

From the King's speech 1939

"I said to a man who stood at the gate of the year, "give me a light that I might walk safely into the unknown". He said to me, "put your hand into the hand of God, that shall be to you better than light and safer than the known way.""

God bless, Grace :)
I wouldn't worry about Big Andy... :lol:

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
I'm just a harmless, loveable Calvinist fuzzball of fun and frolics!

450dustbunny.jpg