Prayer for Andrea

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend Andrea from church is in the hospital. There is some mental health involved, but it is some sort of health issue dealing with diabetes. It is pretty bad and last time she was in the hospital, she almost passed away. She has two daughters that are 10 and 13. And most of my church are related to each other, so a lot of heavy hearts to pray for. She is very much a Christian woman which is helping her and her family right now. But my heart is going out to the kids, because They are a bit shaken.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Update: So Andrea's mother was in church in tears tonight, so please keep her in prayer as well. At this point, there is no diagnosis. I can't go into the details, but please remember her. She is a dear woman in our church.

Reactions: amadeus

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I heard she has gotten a little better, but still has awhile to go yet. Thank you for y'alls prayers.

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glad she is a little better and hopefully will keep on growing each and every single day. God bless!

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God is good. She was at Bible study tonight! She seems a bit off still, but she is looking so much better.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God help her. Diabetes has many side effects and can be devastating. But ;

He shall not be afraid of evil tidings his heart is fixed trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a big praise about Andrea today. She really inspires me. Always has. See the first time she went in the hospital, it was her diabetes. She had almost died. This last time though, they thought it was that at first, but when she went in, there was nothing wrong with her. But she was saying things and stuff that did not make sense and everything that she believed. And come to find out she had slept two hours in a week. And that does things to your mental health. So Wednesday she was sort of okay, but today she was back to normal and was just very embarrassed about it and we got to talk. She was just so afraid people would look down on her, and she is starting a new job giving shots to kids as a nurse, so knew everyone there in the hospital. It was because of the new job she was excited about she couldn't sleep.

But she was so uplifted today and she uplifted me. Because I had really been wanting to tell her I have been praying for her and that she has always inspired me. And I have been there. There was a time in my life I overheard someone say at a church in Texas about ten years ago,when I had depression and a cutter, that if it meant for me to lead their child to salvation alone in a room they wouldn't want me to do it. I dropped out of children's ministry a long time after that. And sometimes wonder if I would have stayed in there instead of going inpatient for three years, if I could have pulled through, since children are my ministry.

People just don't understand mental health sometimes. Or insomnia, or anxiety. People think it is because faith is weak sometimes.

But talking with each other, I really found another kindred spirit. She really needed encouraging, because I know what it is like to go face people you know after being in a mental hospital. The Enemy attacks those in ministry. Especially Children's ministry.

I too recently have felt attacked on all sides...but Andrea is just an inspiration. Please continue to pray for her. And pray for me too. I think we can be an encouragement to each other. Because she just wants to follow God with all her heart and serve Him just like I do.