Prayers for Laura

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our daughter Laura is staying with us for awhile and shes pretty sure she killed a "kissing bug" in her bed. It had blood in it. They can carry a serious infectious "chagas" disease and so we are concerned. Your prayers are so appreciated.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Our daughter Laura is staying with us for awhile and shes pretty sure she killed a "kissing bug" in her bed. It had blood in it. They can carry a serious infectious "chagas" disease and so we are concerned. Your prayers are so appreciated.

Oh yes for sure Frank.
I have never heard or a "kissing bug" what is the infection that you can get from it?

Last summer my daughter got bitten on the neck by some bug.
She knocked it off and killed it....she took a photo and sent it immediately to whatever place for serious bites one send these things too.
I think she just googled "bug bites" or something.
These people promise to get back to you within 12 hours...and they did.
Whatever the bug was, they said it wasn't what my daughter thought that it was. Did your daughter keep the bug?
Could she do that too...and take away the uncertainty.?

Praying for Laura. x

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Pretty sure it was one. We've been praying and do have peace.
Just when I think we've seen it all...

Bless your hearts , you sure do have your fair share of "challenges". :(

We have long, long, long winters here in Canada...but we don't have as many creepy crawlies as you do down there.

Reactions: amadeus

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No bugs in heaven! Nothing that offends praise God!

Here we have chiggers... bad news! Ticks, termites, wasps, yellow jackets, fire ants are bad news (I have scars) plus timber rattlers, pygmy rattlers, Eastern and western diamond back rattlers, copper heads and cotton mouths.

Never been snake bit but had close calls. You do not want to be bitten by any pit viper! Killed four and five ft long specimens here.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No bugs in heaven! Nothing that offends praise God!

Here we have chiggers... bad news! Ticks, termites, wasps, yellow jackets, fire ants are bad news (I have scars) plus timber rattlers, pygmy rattlers, Eastern and western diamond back rattlers, copper heads and cotton mouths.

Never been snake bit but had close calls. You do not want to be bitten by any pit viper! Killed four and five ft long specimens here.

Mmmm and you 'enjoy' living there!!!! :eek:
Our winters are looking better and better. LOL

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Africa, South America or Australia would be worse to me. We rarely have problems. One summer I killed 7 large black snakes that were stealing eggs and baby Chicks, longest was 7 feet!

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Africa, South America or Australia would be worse to me. We rarely have problems. One summer I killed 7 large black snakes that were stealing eggs and baby Chicks, longest was 7 feet!

:eek:
While I swat mosquitoes !!!!

Is your daughter checking in with a doctor or hosp...or on the wings of the Spirit?

Reactions: amadeus

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:eek:
While I swat mosquitoes !!!!

Is your daughter checking in with a doctor or hosp...or on the wings of the Spirit?

She's a faither like us. She was homeschooled and knew Jesus from very early. We've prayed about it and have God's peace. I've read that here in Arkansas the incidence of this ugly disease from this bugs bite is relatively low. Given the nature of the ugly thing it's still a subject for prayer.

I guess even Methuselah was still getting surprised... But not often!

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Blessing Laura with all spiritual blessings in Christ Jesus. ✟

Reactions: Frank Lee