:*( Prayers please? For my last surviving kitten, Ivory

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Romans 8:19-23
For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the children of God; for the creation was subjected to futility, not of its own will but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and will obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. We know that the whole creation has been groaning in labor pains until now; and not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly while we wait for adoption, the redemption of our bodies.

Reactions: WaterSong

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1TY.jpg

I wanted to save the site bandwidth, I think that's still a thing, and make one huge post of heart felt gratitude for all the prayers of support for Ivory, the sanctuary , and myself. (GIANT GROUP HUGS) It's a bigger group now too. :)
To address two points sisters made in their posts: Anemia=fleas. My cats have flea treatment every month. The kittens were too young for this. They typically have to be 12 weeks old just to be safe for direct application. FT is after all an insecticide that enters the bloodstream once applied between the shoulder blades of the kitty. The blood drinker flea then bits kitty and drinks the insecticide. Our treatment is for flea eggs and ticks too.
I also flea combed kitties. And we spray the sanctuary with a flea treatment spray from RAID and then a natural oils flea spray just to be safe.​
Ivory did have fleas when the vet examined her. However, it appears the underlying Herpes would be the culprit in her decline. While the flea issue just compounded the stress on her young immune system.
Many of my cats are allowed outside because we have a large property for their exercise and outdoor play. Even with flea treatment they can still pickup fleas from roaming neighbor cats, or even the wildlife in this area. Deer, Raccoons, Possum, Foxes.​

The second posting, you didn't know cats could get Herpes. Once upon a time I didn't know that either. Herpes? Isn't that humans only? [Cats can also contract Feline AIDS as well. :( In that case it is best to let them go. I.E. euthanize them in the name of mercy.] There is a vaccine for the Herpes virus. Mama kitty didn't have that vaccine in her shot record.

The Herpes virus isn't the same as humans, but they can contract it as a virus and at any time. Cats born to moms with Herpes are at risk because they will contract the virus through mom during gestation. Cat pregnancy is 9 weeks. Most flea treatments, all that I know of, are applied once a month.

Just as one doesn't apply new updated flea treatment to a pregnant mama cat for the duration of her pregnancy because the insecticide transmits to her babies, so too does the Herpes virus if mommy is infected.
*For new cat owners. Never give flea treatment to a mommy cat who is lactating, feeding her newborn kittens either. It transmits to her milk and will kill them. Also, kittens absorb through their skin whatever gets on it. If you give your cat or kitten a flea bath, in the case of kittens do not use flea shampoo. They're too young.
We use a plant based dish soap from Seventh Generation for baths. You can also use regular Dawn dish soap. Dawn really does work on oil if it gets in kitty fur.
Thank you all again. It means more than you know. God Bless You All. :*(

made-it-home.jpg

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
❤❤❤❤ Thank you Nancy...I know what you mean...I am ecstatic!

H2S,
Every time my 14 1/2 year old BEST DOG I EVER HAD in every single way is finicky. I pray every time I feed them that, he will eat as, he lost allot of muscle mass and is not=w deaf...now that was very sad as I did not know what was happening to him at the time, and neither did he! I thought he had the beginnings of dementia, he was just confused. Then the vernacular disease he had last year...he couldn't hold a thing down as he felt upside down, head tilted...couldn't even hold himself up to relieve himself, so i had to carry him out and hold his leg up for him. I wouldn't leave his side. His balance is not back where it once was but the head tilt is gone. God is so good...I thank Him all the time for my little fur family He has given me.
Kisses to Angel!!!!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H2S,
Every time my 14 1/2 year old BEST DOG I EVER HAD in every single way is finicky. I pray every time I feed them that, he will eat as, he lost allot of muscle mass and is not=w deaf...now that was very sad as I did not know what was happening to him at the time, and neither did he! I thought he had the beginnings of dementia, he was just confused. Then the vernacular disease he had last year...he couldn't hold a thing down as he felt upside down, head tilted...couldn't even hold himself up to relieve himself, so i had to carry him out and hold his leg up for him. I wouldn't leave his side. His balance is not back where it once was but the head tilt is gone. God is so good...I thank Him all the time for my little fur family He has given me.
Kisses to Angel!!!!
Hugs and prayers for your baby too!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H2S,
Kisses to Angel!!!!
Here is a picture of Angel....she rarely sits still long enough for a photo!
20190426_082711.jpg
20190426_082711.jpg