Praying For Lost Souls To Be Saved Is Biblical

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Jesus prayed for those in the world to believe in Him
  • Joh 17:18-21 As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. (19) And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth. (20) "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; (21) that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
  • Mat 18:10-14 "Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven. (11) For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost. (12) "What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying? (13) And if he should find it, assuredly, I say to you, he rejoices more over that sheep than over the ninety-nine that did not go astray. (14) Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.
  • Heb 7:25 Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. ( Isa 53:12, Isa 59:16, )
Paul prayed for Israel to saved
  • Rom 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved.
Paul instructs in praying for what is good and acceptable in the sight of God
  • 1Ti 2:1-4 Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, (2) for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. (3) For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, (4) who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
John instructs in praying according to God's Will
  • 1Jn 5:14-17 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. (15) And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. (16) If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. (17) All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

I pray for my lost family, colleagues, neighbours, friends, enemies, and all to believe in Christ and be saved according to His Word and Will.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • Joh 17:18-21 As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. (19) And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth. (20) "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; (21) that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
  • Mat 18:10-14 "Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven. (11) For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost. (12) "What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying? (13) And if he should find it, assuredly, I say to you, he rejoices more over that sheep than over the ninety-nine that did not go astray. (14) Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.
  • Heb 7:25 Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. ( Isa 53:12, Isa 59:16, )
  • Rom 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved.
  • 1Ti 2:1-4 Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, (2) for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. (3) For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, (4) who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
  • 1Jn 5:14-17 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. (15) And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him. (16) If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. (17) All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

I pray for my lost family, colleagues, neighbours, friends, enemies, and all to believe in Christ and be saved according to His Word and Will.

Mark 11:24 Lexicon: "Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you.

What better to ask, and believe that you have received them …than I pray for my lost family, colleagues, neighbours, friends, enemies, and all to believe in Christ and be saved according to His Word and Will.

One verse that always helps comfort me on waiting and patience is Philemon 1:15-16 For perhaps he therefore departed for a season, that thou shouldest receive him for ever; [16] Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved, specially to me, but how much more unto thee, both in the flesh, and in the Lord?

Maybe it will help and comfort you too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stumpmaster

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello Stumpmaster,
Some will say we cannot do that, how silly. Great verses. I was already to add but, as reading further, I saw you already got em.
Praise God and be blessed!

Reactions: Stumpmaster

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Mark 11:24 Lexicon: "Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you.

What better to ask, and believe that you have received them …than I pray for my lost family, colleagues, neighbours, friends, enemies, and all to believe in Christ and be saved according to His Word and Will.

One verse that always helps comfort me on waiting and patience is Philemon 1:15-16 For perhaps he therefore departed for a season, that thou shouldest receive him for ever; [16] Not now as a servant, but above a servant, a brother beloved, specially to me, but how much more unto thee, both in the flesh, and in the Lord?

Maybe it will help and comfort you too.
@VictoryinJesus Philemon is a great before and after example! :)

Reactions: VictoryinJesus