Preserving Our Christian Heritage

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mayflower, @Prayer Warrior. Watched something very interesting last night. The first 18:00 minutes of this program are worth watching, but to save time 4:08 - 9:00 discusses an education agenda called Project 1619 which the far Left are now pushing, and it sounds exactly like what the dream foreshadowed. It will completely rewrite history. From 10:30 onward she talks with Dinesh D'Sousa and Cynthia Garrett, and that section is especially revealing. He starts by talking about the attacks now coming from the far Left against Abraham Lincoln (specifically mentioned in the dream), and why. What he says at 16:37 about Lincoln's political rival, Stephen Douglas, is also very telling of what's really going on.

Thought you two might find it interesting.
Hidden
Notice in the polls results I posted that two of our greatest presidents, Washington and Jefferson were also slave owners. Likely the next time someone compiles such a poll on Presidents, they may move downward in the 'standings'... considering the way the wind seems to blowing today. I thought I had the name of the book and writer who put together all of these poll figures, but my computer crashed recently and I lost quite a bit of information. It was only last year I read it as a library book. Our library recently reopened so I'll have to check and see if I can find it. The book carefully discussing the reasons why some presidents went up in the polls several years after they were no longer close in the minds of those voting in the polls. Truman for instance became very unpopular during the final months of his second term [only term elected as President], but once he was no longer on the scene people began to believe that he really was a great President.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I've seen this too! But including math books. Going to a purely digital platform allows the powers that be to change the content across the US from a central location.

I've wondered why math would be an exception. Maybe it's because full equations need to be provided, and kids wouldn't be used to texting numbers or something. Still not sure.
My wife has worked in the public schools for over 20 years. This isn't even the tip of the iceberg!

Casualties include empathy, critical reasoning, social responsibility, so much is involved.

You are so right here. I once read that the globalist objective was the utter destruction of the education system in America. I found that too hard to believe at the time. But I'm not sure about that anymore now either.

Reactions: Mayflower

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've wondered why math would be an exception. Maybe it's because full equations need to be provided, and kids wouldn't be used to texting numbers or something. Still not sure.
Consistency. No books.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ingraham said that some renowned historians (none too conservative) called the 1619 Project "a displacement of historical understanding by ideology." She said the Buffalo, NY school system will use the project in their social studies and English courses, grades 7-12. I would guess that Common Core standards could be rewritten to include 1619 Project standards IF Biden wins. I like what D'Souza said about Frederick Douglass being a self-man, so the liberals never use him as an example, lol. Good report by Laura Ingraham!

Exactly. Grades 7-12, which seems to confirm the very age group the dream said would be targeted.

Ingraham is excellent. I normally don't watch much news, but I find her not only smart, but entertaining and informative.

Btw, about the opinion of renowned historians - even none too conservative ones - on the 1619 Project, even esteemed black educators find it simple-minded in the extreme.

Watched this last night:

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A few of years ago I read a few books on the Presidents of the United States and compiled some information about them. Consider the slave holders among them and the number of slaves owned. [The first number is presidential order. The ones missing did not own slaves]:

1 Washington: 317
3 Jefferson: 100+
4 Madison: 100+
5 Monroe: 75
7 Jackson: 200
8 Van Buren: 1
9 Harrison, W.H.: 11
10 Tyler: 70
11 Polk: 25
12 Taylor: less than 150
17 Johnson: 8
18 Grant: 1

Hey, John. I haven't gotten to this argument yet, but I admit it is relevant to the discussion so I will eventually. I plan on doing a piece on Andrew Jackson, and in his case he was not only a "slaver" but the man behind the Indian Removal and the Trail of Tears. But I've been studying, and from public records the man actually had great concern for the potential extermination of the red man and was showing honest Christian concern for their future welfare. Which is the point. The actual historical record, when you look into things a little more deeply, shows a different spirit behind what the motivations of many of our founding fathers were. I'll be interested to look into their actual opinions (the Christian ones especially) on how slavery was to be practiced. It was practiced in New Testament times, but the commandment was not to end it through political means but to practice it in love, treating the slave as ones brother in Christ and a fellow-heir of eternal life.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Watched this last night:

The guy on the right in the video is saying that according the people who created the 1619 Project, the Revolutionary War was fought to preserve slavery!! LOL!!! To his credit (the guy on the video), he's saying that this is not true and that truth is important. Good for him!

So...the only wars fought on U.S. soil were about slavery and nothing else???

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The guy on the right in the video is saying that according the people who created the 1619 Project, the Revolutionary War was fought to preserve slavery!! LOL!!! To his credit (the guy on the video), he's saying that this is not true and that truth is important. Good for him!

So...the only wars fought on U.S. soil were about slavery and nothing else???

Well, they're actually both not in favor of Project 1619. It's just that Loury tries to play Devil's advocate a lot to present what they suppose the opposition's argument might be.

This is actually the video I watched last night (they look alike). From 30:53 onward, McWhorter presents what I think is really the most troubling part about this trend in social thinking. It creates this mentality among young black men especially that everyone owes them special treatment; like in perpetuity, and that won't win them any fans. It actually works against their best interest, instead of for it.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is that?

Excellent question!

Here is a quick read . . .

12 Reasons Common Core Falls Short | Thomas Armstrong, Ph.D.

Then, put this together with "No Child Left Behind", and we've watched classroom education systematically lower to the lowest level of student.

They have to get all students to be able to pass this set of tests, even those who don't have a chance. And instead of given extra help to those who can excell, everything is geared around those who do not.

And then there is the matter of what education is important, and with the Department of Education dictating that from a federal level, a few people with some bad ideas now have the opportunity to poison the entire education system, instead of just making a mess of their own local school.

What we are seeing now are teachers that are so discouraged from being able to just teach they are giving up, with entire schools spending hours out of each day on "free time", where students can play on their tablets without accountability or supervision, while the teacher does the same.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, John. I haven't yet gotten to this argument yet, but I admit it is relevant to the discussion so I will eventually. I plan on doing a piece on Andrew Jackson, and in his case he was not only a "slaver" but the man behind the Indian Removal and the Trail of Tears. But I've been studying, and from public records the man actually had great for potential extermination of the red man and was showing honest Christian concern for their future welfare. Which is the point. The actual historical record, when you look into things a little more deeply, shows a different spirit behind what the motivations of many of our founding fathers were. I'll be interested to look into their actual opinions (the Christian ones especially) on how slavery was to be practiced. It was practiced in New Testament times, but the commandment was not to end it through political means but to practice it in love, treating the slave as ones brother in Christ and a fellow-heir of eternal life.
Reading in particular about Andrew Jackson (and to a lesser extent also Thomas Jefferson) made me realize how very different the people themselves had to be during that time to even elect such a man. He was a very popular hero to the people and should have won the first time he ran for President against John Quincy Adams. Andrew Jackson was hardly however a hero to the the slaves or the native Americans of that time.

Thomas Jefferson as far as what he wrote and what he tried to do in his politics was indeed a great man... but he loved his life style which was dependent on his material wealth which included his slaves. He was outspoken against slavery as a institution, but even at death he failed to free even a single slave although he certainly had the power to do so. He was one of the 'good' ones among leaders of that time. Today when the wrong people take hold of his 'hypocrisy' he and even Washington [the Father of our country] are likely to come tumbling down. Jackson is an easy one.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thomas Jefferson as far as what he wrote and what he tried to do in his politics was indeed a great man... but he loved his life style which was dependent on his material wealth which included his slaves. He was outspoken against slavery as a institution, but even at death he failed to free even a single slave although he certainly had the power to do so. He was one of the 'good' ones among leaders of that time. Today when the wrong people take hold of his 'hypocrisy' he and even Washington [the Father of our country] are likely to come tumbling down. Jackson is an easy one.

Well, my point was that the institution of slavery was still being upheld in the US until the time of the Emancipation Proclamation, and had been since well before New Testament times. In fact it was practiced throughout Israel's history. The question was, HOW was it practiced. Was it practiced in Christian love or was it practiced in cruelty. In other words, what did Jefferson, Jackson, Washington etc. state in public record about the way slaves should be treated.

Granted, the abolition of the institution was a great good. But even that was motivated out of Christian love, and again this is what the Radical Left wants to have removed from public view altogether.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, my point was that the institution of slavery was still being upheld in the US until the time of the Emancipation Proclamation, and had been since well before New Testament times. In fact it was practiced throughout Israel's history. The question was, HOW was it practiced. Was it practiced in Christian love or was it practiced in cruelty. In other words, what did Jefferson, Jackson, Washington etc. state in public record about the way slaves should be treated.

Granted, the abolition of the institution was a great good. But even that was motivated out of Christian love, and again this is what the Radical Left wants to have removed from public view altogether.
Oh I don't blame them or even many of the people who formed public opinions during those times. It was wrong then as it was wrong for King David to have more than one wife 3,000 years ago. Men, even the best of men, have very often done evil things. Where it is all heading now in our society will be hard on people in the flesh. Those who really know the Lord will bear it because of Him... but too many people, even among supposed Christians really do not know Him. Have the blacks suffered? Have the native Americans or the aborigines of Australia suffered? Since the answer is, yes, according to some who will likely have their says in the affairs men, people not in those groups now need to suffer... In order to not worry about God in it He has (in their minds at least) been removed from the equation for many.

Too many people have put too much trust in "America" and the "American Way" and presume that those those things are part of "God's Way". Changing how man's history is written or remembered [via statues, memorials and such) will not change how people are. For that... for any who are really interested, we have God.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent question!

Then, put this together with "No Child Left Behind", and we've watched classroom education systematically lower to the lowest level of student.

They have to get all students to be able to pass this set of tests, even those who don't have a chance. And instead of given extra help to those who can excell, everything is geared around those who do not.

And then there is the matter of what education is important, and with the Department of Education dictating that from a federal level, a few people with some bad ideas now have the opportunity to poison the entire education system, instead of just making a mess of their own local school.

What we are seeing now are teachers that are so discouraged from being able to just teach they are giving up, with entire schools spending hours out of each day on "free time", where students can play on their tablets without accountability or supervision, while the teacher does the same.

Much love!
I completely agree that Common Core is rotten to the core!! I didn't know what you thought about it. I will read the article. Looks good!

I have my own bone to pick with Common Core and plan to comment on it soon.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mayflower, @Prayer Warrior. Watched something very interesting last night. The first 18:00 minutes of this program are worth watching, but to save time 4:08 - 9:00 discusses an education agenda called Project 1619 which the far Left are now pushing, and it sounds exactly like what the dream foreshadowed. It will completely rewrite history. From 10:30 onward she talks with Dinesh D'Sousa and Cynthia Garrett, and that section is especially revealing. He starts by talking about the attacks now coming from the far Left against Abraham Lincoln (specifically mentioned in the dream), and why. What he says at 16:37 about Lincoln's political rival, Stephen Douglas, is also very telling of what's really going on.

Thought you two might find it interesting.
Hidden

I'll check this out in a few weeks!!!! Remind me if I forget!!!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent question!

Much love!

I see this in preschool too. They set the standards so much higher now for the kids, the teachers can hardly keep up in teaching them.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see this in preschool too. They set the standards so much higher now for the kids, the teachers can hardly keep up in teaching them.
I think schooling needs to be determined at the local level, so the particular needs of These students are addressed. But this has been happening long enough now, we just need to look around to see the results!

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have the blacks suffered? Have the native Americans or the aborigines of Australia suffered? Since the answer is, yes, according to some who will likely have their says in the affairs men, people not in those groups now need to suffer... In order to not worry about God in it He has (in their minds at least) been removed from the equation for many.

Strange thing is, just like in all relationships, I wouldn't have a problem with my race suffering willingly, as a means of communicating genuine sorrow and regret over what happened in history. The trouble is, that's NOT what the globalists on Left are after. They want utter self-loathing, and a knuckling under so that we relinquish all rights to seeing ourselves have any self-value any more, with the destruction of the Christian foundations of this country hanging in the balance. That much I cannot and will not abide. It will not bring peace and reconciliation and love. It will only bring more hatred and suffering for all.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What we're seeing is that the less capable a child is to learn, the more time and attention is spent on them just to be able to get them to show the required test scores. So those who could be doing much more are only being taught toward the test, because that's all the time left for them.

And because so much leeway is granted to make sure everyone gets the right test scores, a sense of entitlement has taken over, that "whatever I do should be OK to you!" Academic standards are not enforced. Behavioral standards are not enforced. Rules of order are not enforced.

In trying to raise education to a higher level, it's become a race for the bottom!

Um . . . vent over . . .

Much love!