President Donald Trump for the first time acknowledged his defeat

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you keeping up with what is being said? Those who are Traitors and those who are bent on destroying America, which means her people, are not innocents.
You're very frightening to me. And I'm a reformed tough guy. I used to beat people (plural) up. I thought I wasn't afraid of anything. Militant Christian citizens. Go figure. What was Jesus thinking when he ordered Peter to put his sword away and healed that soldier's ear, right?

Reactions: TLHKAJ

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He believes the election was stolen from him, but he is going to have an orderly transition to Biden to become POTUS! So he has ceded teh presidency to Biden thus implying he has lost! He may believe he has won, but in reality he is acting like he lost by doing what all candidates who did not win reelection do- cede the presidency. Its a nuanced thing but true nonetheless.
Okay, go with fantasy. I'm sticking to reality. He is doing what is necessary to keep him from being physically ejected. That's all. What is the purpose of your sophistry? "Nuanced." Give me a break. What is the ax you're grinding? I really don't get it.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need some education. You think people should die because they prefer a different kind of government. By that logic, you would have hated the American Revolutionaries.

Nope they were heroes, you need a real education. We need another American Revolution agaisnt evil liberals who stand in the way of freedom

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're very frightening to me. And I'm a reformed tough guy. I used to beat people (plural) up. I thought I wasn't afraid of anything. Militant Christian citizens. Go figure. What was Jesus thinking when he ordered Peter to put his sword away and healed that soldier's ear, right?

How about when he beat up people at the temple but people like you try to get around that inconvenient truth, you make me sick. On ignore you go

Reactions: WaterSong

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about when he beat up people at the temple but people like you try to get around that inconvenient truth, you make me sick. On ignore you go
He overturned their tables and drove them out. It doesn't say anything about beating them, nor especially killing.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many who claim to be christians will be so deceived, they will worship the antichrist and do his bidding.

Reactions: BarneyFife

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Took you awhile but good call. ;) :)
I've met people who think Jesus didn't harm or turn to violence when he banished the money changers from the temple.
For them it has to say, Jesus beat the money changers with the whip he hand fashioned himself in order to chase the money changers out of his fathers house! But those same people will also insist Trinity is in scripture even though that word isn't there. They'll say, it's implied! Oh, but Jesus using the whip on money changers isn't? :rolleyes:
He was God! Had he wished he could have said a word and they'd all be dead. He could have caused them all manner of harm sending his angels into the temple to cleanse it of them. Anything. But instead, the people witnessed him thrash them like the rats they were with the whip he made for the occasion.
What? He made that whip for show? Yes, I'm God and I'm going to hand fashion a whip just because it looks threatening. Then I'm going to chase money changers who are fellow Jews blaspheming my fathers house and threaten them with....harsh words!
Because I'm God and I've never resorted to violence before! You'll believe that if you've ignored the whole of the OT scriptures that teach about how violent I am and even enlist the help of my chosen people to do my bidding in that regard.

For some belief in Jesus goes so far as to also choose what they wish to not believe even when it is in writing. God's words!
God inspired men to write what he wanted to say to the world!
But what? We ignore the parts we can't bear to hear so we conceive an ideal god in our imagination because we don't approve of the one that told us of himself?

And we wonder why an immense sovereign creator knew we needed saving from ourselves first.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He overturned their tables and drove them out. It doesn't say anything about beating them, nor especially killing.
It doesn't need to. You're talking about the same God that drowned the world and killed the first born of every Egyptian house through the act of the death angel he sent into Egypt. The same God who sent a she bear to maul and destroy children because they were making fun of his prophet on the Sabbath.

You think Jesus, who was God, wouldn't whip apostate Jews serving Rome's evil in his fathers house?

The Bible doesn't say, "Trinity", either but people believe that's to be inferred from what they read in scripture.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had to un-ignore just to respond to that nonsense.
Never ask yourself, why did Peter have a sword in the first place?
Luke 22:36 But now, Jesus said, whoever has a purse or a bag must take it; and whoever does not have a sword must sell his coat and buy one.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many who claim to be christians will be so deceived, they will worship the antichrist and do his bidding.
Many who claim to be christians will abrogate the scriptures and conceive from those interpolations a god they prefer. And they shall none the less die damned for having lived in Sophistry condemned in the sin of idolatry and blasphemy.

Reactions: historyb

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't need to. You're talking about the same God that drowned the world and killed the first born of every Egyptian house through the act of the death angel he sent into Egypt. The same God who sent a she bear to maul and destroy children because they were making fun of his prophet on the Sabbath.

You think Jesus, who was God, wouldn't whip apostate Jews serving Rome's evil in his fathers house?

The Bible doesn't say, "Trinity", either but people believe that's to be inferred from what they read in scripture.
HE is God ...you and I are NOT. You don't have His infinite wisdom and know the hearts of men. He said vengeance is His and HE will repay. But we are commanded to love, pray for, and do good to our enemies.
Self defense, or better yet, defending the innocent when they advance toward them with intent to do harm is different. Calling on people to pick up weapons and kill each other over opposing views is EVIL, especially while defending an evil man.

And btw, the reason the world was flooded ...and the reason whole groups of people were wiped out was in large part because the DNA was so mixed with fallen angel DNA...nephilim.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had to un-ignore just to respond to that nonsense.
That's just funny.
Never ask yourself, why did Peter have a sword in the first place?
Ever ask yourself, "Could it be that God is love, which is neither Republican nor Democrat?"
Luke 22:36 But now, Jesus said, whoever has a purse or a bag must take it; and whoever does not have a sword must sell his coat and buy one.
I'm really into the Bible, you know. I've actually heard sermons and read up on Christians and combatency.
Many who claim to be christians will abrogate the scriptures and conceive from those interpolations a god they prefer.
And I suppose you're immune to that condition.
And they shall none the less die damned for having lived in Sophistry condemned in the sin of idolatry and blasphemy.
Largely unintelligible but, nevertheless, somewhat charismatic/cultish. Bravo. Got any Kool-aid?

Guess I'd better buy a couple of tactical shotguns to protect my family when the militia comes pounding on my door.

Odd thing is, I'm not even a liberal.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HE is God ...you and I are NOT. You don't have His infinite wisdom and know the hearts of men. He said vengeance is His and HE will repay. But we are commanded to love, pray for, and do good to our enemies.
Self defense, or better yet, defending the innocent when they advance toward them with intent to do harm is different. Calling on people to pick up weapons and kill each other over opposing views is EVIL, especially while defending an evil man.
:):):) Ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner!!! :):):)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the Mozilla/Firefox Blog:

We need more than deplatforming
Mitchell Baker January 8, 2021
There is no question that social media played a role in the siege and take-over of the US Capitol on January 6.

Since then there has been significant focus on the deplatforming of President Donald Trump. By all means the question of when to deplatform a head of state is a critical one, among many that must be addressed. When should platforms make these decisions? Is that decision-making power theirs alone?

But as reprehensible as the actions of Donald Trump are, the rampant use of the internet to foment violence and hate, and reinforce white supremacy is about more than any one personality. Donald Trump is certainly not the first politician to exploit the architecture of the internet in this way, and he won’t be the last. We need solutions that don’t start after untold damage has been done.

Changing these dangerous dynamics requires more than just the temporary silencing or permanent removal of bad actors from social media platforms.

Additional precise and specific actions must also be taken:

Reveal who is paying for advertisements, how much they are paying and who is being targeted.

Commit to meaningful transparency of platform algorithms so we know how and what content is being amplified, to whom, and the associated impact.

Turn on by default the tools to amplify factual voices over disinformation.

Work with independent researchers to facilitate in-depth studies of the platforms’ impact on people and our societies, and what we can do to improve things.

These are actions the platforms can and should commit to today. The answer is not to do away with the internet, but to build a better one that can withstand and gird against these types of challenges. This is how we can begin to do that.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And btw, the reason the world was flooded ...and the reason whole groups of people were wiped out was in large part because the DNA was so mixed with fallen angel DNA...nephilim.
Oddly enough you don't have God's infinite wisdom nor knowledge of men's hearts and yet that has never stopped you from slandering my brother in Christ, Donald J. Trump.
We're suppose to as Christians strive to be like Christ. Christian=Christ-like. When Christ was God, God's actions are an issue. The excuse, he's God he can do anything he likes to his creation, is a cop out. How are we to be Christ like when God committed mass murder? Numerous times in scripture. And God judges the human actions that are so because we are what God made us to be?

Think about what the scriptures are meant to convey in allegory, simile, metaphor, parable. Taking scripture literally will always lead to conflict. Because God did not send the scriptures to the hearts and minds of people so that all would understand them. Those who don't understand are the literalists.
Proof of God is found in observing all things that exist. That none have excuse to not believe in God through his creation. Guess what? Nature isn't passive. Nature destroys because it's nature.

I also think if you study you'll find the Nephilim mixing with human females was not the sole reason for the flood.
That being said, why was it necessary to wipe out all life that wasn't sinful?

Yes, it's easy to condemn Christian Patriots. As one last comment regarding your contempt for President Trump:
Any Christian knows that God remembers the sins of Donald J. Trump no more. Donald Trump affirms Jesus and when God remembers his sins no more, any Christian for whom their sins are also forgiven and forgotten by God that holds Donald Trump as a sinner is arrogant and remiss and ungrateful.
And yes, I know you've made slanderous claims against President Trump in the past. However, it is slander and it is bearing false witness against a brother in Christ to do such deplorable things without proof.

When you don't have proof you should stop! In point of fact it is slander and defamation of character. All sins. In another point of fact, were President Trump of a mind he could bring legal action against those offenses. And please don't for one moment think the anonymity of the Net would preclude that from happening.

Therefore, if you can stay on topic and not slander and defame and make scurrilous accusations against President Trump, proceed. If you continue on the sin filled path of slander, defamation and scurrilous falsehoods, which they are without proof, you should realize the plank in your eye obscures your ability to judge anyone else at all for their actions.

Reactions: historyb

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oddly enough you don't have God's infinite wisdom nor knowledge of men's hearts and yet that has never stopped you from slandering my brother in Christ, Donald J. Trump.
We're suppose to as Christians strive to be like Christ. Christian=Christ-like. When Christ was God, God's actions are an issue
He may be your brother, but as a person who has repented and accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord, Trump is not MY brother since he has denied his need for the Savior. Sorry, but I am NOT sorry for standing for the true Gospel and I will not change it for ANYONE. The ONLY WAY into the kingdom is through the door, Jesus Christ.

I don't care what you call it, but telling the truth is not slander. I do know some of Trump's victims!! Of course, he hasn't repented because "evangelicals love him" (his words) ...surely that will get him into the kingdom of heaven....never mind the blood of Jesus!

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many who claim to be christians will abrogate the scriptures and conceive from those interpolations a god they prefer.

Think about what the scriptures are meant to convey in allegory, simile, metaphor, parable. Taking scripture literally will always lead to conflict. Because God did not send the scriptures to the hearts and minds of people so that all would understand them. Those who don't understand are the literalists.
Talk about your pot calling your kettle black...

By the way, the orthodox method of hermeneutics is literal first, symbolic only if it is evident.