Preterism's Claim Of 70AD Fulfillment Is Silenced In One Verse, Luke 21:35

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't care because I'm not a Pretersit.

The more you claim I fit into the definition of Preterism, the more you pro don't care because I'm not a Pretersit.ve you are in error.
We will disagree, your eschatology is in the camp of Preterism, the shoe fits, wear it proudly (Quack)

If it waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck, (Its A Duck)

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your question has been answered, and it dispels your claims made.

Once Again

God's words below are very clear, just as the waters covered "The Face Of The Whole Earth) the snare will come upon the same

Teaching that Luke 21:35 is (Biblical Slang) and the snare was local to Jerusalem in 70AD, is in opposition to the truth of scripture before your eyes

The event of Luke 21:35 is future, and will come upon the entire earth, and this didnt take place in 70AD Jerusalem as many claim

Luke 21:35KJV
35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

Genesis 7:4KJV
4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

Genesis 8:9KJV
9 But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.

If you answered my question I have no idea what your answer is I didn’t see it anywhere could you please repeat it?

Reactions: Waiting on him

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could care less of what other theologians think I care whet the bible and history says.

I believe that Jesus spoke of a “great tribulation” leading up to and ending in 70AD did take place but there is only one “The great tribulation” and that is the tribulation of the saints that started on the day Stephen was stoned to death and it is still happening today as stated in verse 14 below

Revelation :9-17
The Great Multitude in White Robes
9 After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10 And they cried out in a loud voice:

“Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb.”

11 All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12 saying:

“Amen!
Praise and glory
and wisdom and thanks and honor
and power and strength
be to our God for ever and ever.
Amen!”

13 Then one of the elders asked me, “These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?”

14 I answered, “Sir, you know.”

And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore,

“they are before the throne of God
and serve him day and night in his temple;
and he who sits on the throne
will shelter them with his presence.
16 ‘Never again will they hunger;
never again will they thirst.
The sun will not beat down on them,’
nor any scorching heat.
17 For the Lamb at the center of the throne
will be their shepherd;
‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’
‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’”
To think you teach and believe, Jesus Isnt seen literally by human eyes on earth, nor is he literally coming in the clouds of heaven, hard to believe

Its symbolic for judgement upon Jerusalem in 70AD, hard to believe

Matthew 24:30KJV
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you answered my question I have no idea what your answer is I didn’t see it anywhere could you please repeat it?
Your question has been answered below, and it dispels your claims made in post #7 as quoted below

Quote, Marty fox Post #7
"So what do you think the Pharisees meant in John 12:19?"

Once Again

God's words below are very clear, just as the waters covered "The Face Of The Whole Earth) the snare will come upon the same

Teaching that Luke 21:35 is (Biblical Slang) and the snare was local to Jerusalem in 70AD, is in opposition to the truth of scripture before your eyes

The event of Luke 21:35 is future, and will come upon the entire earth, and this didnt take place in 70AD Jerusalem as many claim

35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.

9 But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled her in unto him into the ark.

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your question has been answered below, and it dispels your claims made in post #7 as quoted below

Quote, Marty fox Post #7
"So what do you think the Pharisees meant in John 12:19?"

Once Again

You keep diverting my question and not answering it as what you just quoted isn’t an answer to my question so here it is again.

John 12:19
. 19 So the Pharisees said to one another, “See, this is getting us nowhere. Look how the whole world has gone after him!”

What did the Pharisees mean above as they knew that the whole world wasn’t going after Him was it the whole world or just the people in Israel?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep diverting my question and not answering it as what you just quoted isn’t an answer to my question so here it is again.

John 12:19
. 19 So the Pharisees said to one another, “See, this is getting us nowhere. Look how the whole world has gone after him!”

What did the Pharisees mean above as they knew that the whole world wasn’t going after Him was it the whole world or just the people in Israel?
John 12:19 "World" has no relationship to Luke 21:35 below "None"

(The Face Of The Whole Earth) is defined in Genesis 8:9 below and you know this, and you rebel against its truth, it's that simple

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To think you teach and believe, Jesus Isnt seen literally by human eyes on earth, nor is he literally coming in the clouds of heaven, hard to believe

Its symbolic for judgement upon Jerusalem in 70AD, hard to believe

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

I didn’t say that because I don’t know that what I said was that the coming on the clouds in Matthew 24 isn’t the second coming but Jesus coming in judgement on Israel just like the coming on the clouds in Isaiah 19:1 was judgement on Egypt

This is what Jesus said His coming would be

Matthew 16:27
27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

Matthew 25:31-33
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

Revelation 22:12-13
12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Jesus clearly says that when He comes back it will be on the judgement day at the end of our world. There’s no mention of Him coming on the clouds just that He will do the rewarding and the punishing.

There is no mention of that in Matthew 24

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 12:19 "World" has no relationship to Luke 21:35 below "None"

(The Face Of The Whole Earth) is defined in Genesis 8:9 below and you know this, and you rebel against its truth, it's that simple

Once again you haven’t answered my question what did the Pharisees mean when they said “the whole world has gone after Him?

Please at least answer that question as you based this whole post of this thread on it

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t say that because I don’t know that what I said was that the coming on the clouds in Matthew 24 isn’t the second coming but Jesus coming in judgement on Israel just like the coming on the clouds in Isaiah 19:1 was judgement on Egypt

This is what Jesus said His coming would be

Matthew 16:27
27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

Matthew 25:31-33
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

Revelation 22:12-13
12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Jesus clearly says that when He comes back it will be on the judgement day at the end of our world. There’s no mention of Him coming on the clouds just that He will do the rewarding and the punishing.

There is no mention of that in Matthew 24
Marty you deny that Jesus is seen literally in the clouds below, and you deny literal human eyes on earth are watching (Fact) stop the song and dance

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Marty you deny that Jesus is seen literally in the clouds below, and you deny literal human eyes on earth are watching (Fact) stop the song and dance

Did you even read my post?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

You cherry pick part of my post you just ignored what Jesus says happens when He returns. If you look at that it will help you understand all of the scriptures as they will all come together

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cherry pick part of my post you just ignored what Jesus says happens when He returns. If you look at that it will help you understand all of the scriptures as they will all come together
Marty it's you who ignores and rebels against the clear words of God below

Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation?

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ?

(Behold, I Make All Things New)

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Matthew 24:29-30KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9KJV
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance
on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Psalm 46:6KJV
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

Psalm 50:3KJV
3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Psalm 97:5KJV
5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

Isaiah 66:15KJV
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Zechariah 14:12KJV
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Nahum 1:5-6KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

Revelation 20:9KJV
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Marty it's you who ignores and rebels against the clear words of God below

Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation?

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ?

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Matthew 24:29-30KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9KJV
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance
on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Psalm 46:6KJV
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

Psalm 50:3KJV
3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Psalm 97:5KJV
5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

Isaiah 66:15KJV
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Zechariah 14:12KJV
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Nahum 1:5-6KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

Revelation 20:9KJV
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

I don’t deny that at all or ever did I you assume that Jesus does return with fire just like revelation 20 shows and then it’s the judgement day. There’s no fire mentioned in Matthew 24

But once again you totally avoided answering my question and then cherry picked

You based this entire thread about the word whole earth and I showed you that the bible uses the same word earth to have different meanings

I have asked you multiple times to answer my question and you never did and others have asked you to answer my question also which you cowardly avoided anyone reading this can plainly see that. We can all be wrong at times and nobody likes it but it happens.

I have answered all of your questions or at least all that I know of and for you not to answer mine (which you base the topic of this thread on) is disrespectful to me.

I can’t continue to debate with you because you don’t play fair. I appreciate that you defended me in the other thread and I love you for it but you have really surprised and disappointed me here but I can’t debate with someone not playing fair so I’m out.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

just how many times does God make all things new?
2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Yes but you ignore the fact that telling us that there will be no more pain and suffering or death in the NHNE = the completion of it has not yet come:

"And God will wipe away all tears from their eyes. And there will be no more death, nor mourning, nor crying out, nor will there be any more pain; for the first things passed away." John 21:4

What we see now is the deposit of that description in Revelation 21-22. Not the whole deal yet. We have the first installment, not the last.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t deny that at all or ever did I you assume that Jesus does return with fire just like revelation 20 shows and then it’s the judgement day. There’s no fire mentioned in Matthew 24

But once again you totally avoided answering my question and then cherry picked

You based this entire thread about the word whole earth and I showed you that the bible uses the same word earth to have different meanings

I have asked you multiple times to answer my question and you never did and others have asked you to answer my question also which you cowardly avoided anyone reading this can plainly see that. We can all be wrong at times and nobody likes it but it happens.

I have answered all of your questions or at least all that I know of and for you not to answer mine (which you base the topic of this thread on) is disrespectful to me.

I can’t continue to debate with you because you don’t play fair. I appreciate that you defended me in the other thread and I love you for it but you have really surprised and disappointed me here but I can’t debate with someone not playing fair so I’m out.
Your claim I didn't answer your question is false, it was answered and you dont like the answer

There is one future coming of Jesus Christ, seen "Several Times" throughout the scripture, with multiple different descriptions of this same event

Your suggestion that because fire isnt seen in Matthew 24:30 it dosent pertain to my post showing multiple verses regarding fire at the Lords return is in error

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes but you ignore the fact that telling us that there will be no more pain and suffering or death in the NHNE = the completion of it has not yet come:

"And God will wipe away all tears from their eyes. And there will be no more death, nor mourning, nor crying out, nor will there be any more pain; for the first things passed away." John 21:4

What we see now is the deposit of that description in Revelation 21-22. Not the whole deal yet. We have the first installment, not the last.
Okay, all doesn’t mean all, but world means world.
Clear as mudd

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your claim I didn't answer your question is false, it was answered and you dont like the answer

There is one future coming of Jesus Christ, seen "Several Times" throughout the scripture, with multiple different descriptions of this same event

Your suggestion that because fire isnt seen in Matthew 24:30 it dosent pertain to my post showing multiple verses regarding fire at the Lords return is in error

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord

You’ve yet to answer the question.

Reactions: Marty fox

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know one thing, God is going to make a New Heaven, and Earth, that will be revealed at the second coming, after this earth is dissolved by fire at his return