PreTrib Question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Septuagint, a Greek translation of the Hebrew scripture. Dated 285-246 BC. And I in no way see this as evil as you point out. It was created when Alexander the Greats Generals seized the satrapy from Egypt after Alexander died. It was then as I pointed out that a Greek translation of the Hebrew scripture was done. Which means it existed some 250 years before the prophecies of Jesus ever begin to be fulfilled. This fact completely rules out intentional fulfillment or coincidence.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Two;36156)
Septuagint, a Greek translation of the Hebrew scripture. Dated 285-246 BC. And I in no way see this as evil as you point out. It was created when Alexander the Greats Generals seized the satrapy from Egypt after Alexander died. It was then as I pointed out that a Greek translation of the Hebrew scripture was done. Which means it existed some 250 years before the prophecies of Jesus ever begin to be fulfilled. This fact completely rules out intentional fulfillment or coincidence.
Which Hebrew? There are and will always be TWO sides of every language on this planet.The Septuagint Texts are of The Alexandrian Texts. I'll still stick with The Byzantine Texts that are faithful to His Words. They are known as Textus Receptus (Received Texts by EVERYONE)I don't trust a text (The Alexandrian Texts) that obviously attack Christ and His Words.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(Monk;31846)
What Scripture do those that believe in the Pre-tribulation rapture use to claim that they will not go through the 70th week of Daniel?I hope I asked this right.
Most Bible scolors believe this to be,70 weeks of years, not of days, and began at the building of the City of Jerusalem and the temple, and ending after the crusifixion of Jesus.How do you see it

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Only one that I know of. I see no attack on Christ in it. No more so than the attack on the RCC here. Are you saying that the Messianic viewpoint is wrong? And your right there are two million translations and as far as I know G-d has not put his seal of approval on any of them so until G-d tells me that I am wrong and your right I will go with what I know.
The Alexandrian text-type (also called Neutral or Egyptian) is one of several text-types used in New Testament textual criticism to describe and group the textual character of biblical manuscripts. The Alexandrian text-type is the form of the Greek New Testament that predominates in the earliest surviving witnesses. In later manuscripts (from the 9th century onwards) the Byzantine text-type becomes far more common, and that remains the standard text in the Greek Orthodox church; and also underlies most Protestant translations of the Reformation era. Most modern New Testament translations, however, now use an Eclectic Greek text that is closest to the Alexandrian text-type.
From Wikipedia.
Characteristics of the Alexandrian text-typeAll extant manuscripts of all text-types are at least 85% identical and most of the variations are not translatable into English, such as word order or spelling.When compared to witnesses of the Western text-type, Alexandrian manuscripts tend to be shorter; and are commonly regarded as having a lower tendency to expand or paraphrase.When compared to witnesses of the Byzantine text type, Alexandrian manuscripts tend : * to have a larger number of abrupt readings - such as the shorter ending of the Gospel of Mark (Mark 16:8), which finishes in the Alexandrian text ".. for they were afraid"; * to display more variations between parallel synoptic passages - as in the Lukan version of the Lord's Prayer (Luke 11:2), which in the Alexandrian text opens "Father.. ", whereas the Byzantine text reads (as in the parallel Matthew 6:9) "Our Father in heaven.. "; * to have a higher proportion of "difficult" readings - as in Matthew 24:36 which reads in the Alexandrian text "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only"; whereas the Byzantine text omits the phrase "nor the Son", thereby avoiding the implication that Jesus lacked full divine foreknowledge.It must be noted that the above comparisons are tendencies, rather than consistent differences. Hence there are a number of passages in the Gospel of Luke where the Western text-type witnesses a shorter text - the Western non-interpolations. Also there are a number of readings where the Byzantine text displays variation between synoptic passages, that is not found in either the Western or Alexandrian texts - as in the rendering into Greek of the Aramaic last words of Jesus, which are reported in the Byzantine text as "Eloi, Eloi.." in Mark 15:34, but as "Eli, Eli .." in Matthew 27:46.
WikipediaSo in comparsion I see no attack on Christ. Only the wording that differs from text too text and the length of the passages, plus some left out wording that one has and the other does not.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Two;36161)
Only one that I know of. I see no attack on Christ in it. No more so than the attack on the RCC here. Are you saying that the Messianic viewpoint is wrong? And your right there are two million translations and as far as I know G-d has not put his seal of approval on any of them so until G-d tells me that I am wrong and your right I will go with what I know.
The Alexandrian text-type (also called Neutral or Egyptian) is one of several text-types used in New Testament textual criticism to describe and group the textual character of biblical manuscripts. The Alexandrian text-type is the form of the Greek New Testament that predominates in the earliest surviving witnesses. In later manuscripts (from the 9th century onwards) the Byzantine text-type becomes far more common, and that remains the standard text in the Greek Orthodox church; and also underlies most Protestant translations of the Reformation era. Most modern New Testament translations, however, now use an Eclectic Greek text that is closest to the Alexandrian text-type.
From Wikipedia.
Characteristics of the Alexandrian text-typeAll extant manuscripts of all text-types are at least 85% identical and most of the variations are not translatable into English, such as word order or spelling.When compared to witnesses of the Western text-type, Alexandrian manuscripts tend to be shorter; and are commonly regarded as having a lower tendency to expand or paraphrase.When compared to witnesses of the Byzantine text type, Alexandrian manuscripts tend :* to have a larger number of abrupt readings - such as the shorter ending of the Gospel of Mark (Mark 16:8), which finishes in the Alexandrian text ".. for they were afraid";* to display more variations between parallel synoptic passages - as in the Lukan version of the Lord's Prayer (Luke 11:2), which in the Alexandrian text opens "Father.. ", whereas the Byzantine text reads (as in the parallel Matthew 6:9) "Our Father in heaven.. ";* to have a higher proportion of "difficult" readings - as in Matthew 24:36 which reads in the Alexandrian text "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only"; whereas the Byzantine text omits the phrase "nor the Son", thereby avoiding the implication that Jesus lacked full divine foreknowledge.It must be noted that the above comparisons are tendencies, rather than consistent differences. Hence there are a number of passages in the Gospel of Luke where the Western text-type witnesses a shorter text - the Western non-interpolations. Also there are a number of readings where the Byzantine text displays variation between synoptic passages, that is not found in either the Western or Alexandrian texts - as in the rendering into Greek of the Aramaic last words of Jesus, which are reported in the Byzantine text as "Eloi, Eloi.." in Mark 15:34, but as "Eli, Eli .." in Matthew 27:46.
WikipediaCare to read my whole thread that is linked under my sig?JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(kriss;31870)
There is no scripture that teaches Pre- Trib rapture I have studied this in depth for yearsthere is only men who twist scripture to try to see what is not said. Their main scripture they use is 1 Thess. 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.If you take this verse at face value which is not nessairily the only way to understandit Then the question is whenAnd we are told exactly when in 2 Thess. it is After the Antichrist (the son of perdition)1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. Verse four is the Abomination of Desolation of Daniel which we are told is the mid- week of the Tribulation. So 2 Thess not only tells us that the gathering together is not before the tribulation but verse 4 is speaking of the middle of the tribultion Christ will not return until the the 7th trump it is the only time we are ever told Christ will return after the Tribulation
Read it in its right context the Greek word "Apostesi" "Falling away" is a combination of two Greek words, "Apo" Departing, and "Histemi" To a set place. Nowhere in 2 Thess 2: 3, does it say, A Falling away from the faith, That is what 1st Imaginations say, Then and then only can the anti-Christ come. read v7-8, The Church is holding back, [Stopping him coming]When Jesus comes back we will come with him, read my post, "Why christians won't go throughthe tribulation"

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(thesuperjag;36163)
Care to read my whole thread that is linked under my sig?JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
Not really but thanks anyway...........:angel9:

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Alanforchrist;36164)
(Kriss;31870)
There is no scripture that teaches Pre- Trib rapture I have studied this in depth for yearsthere is only men who twist scripture to try to see what is not said. Their main scripture they use is1 Thess. 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.If you take this verse at face value which is not nessairily the only way to understandit Then the question is whenAnd we are told exactly when in 2 Thess. it is After the Antichrist (the son of perdition)1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.Verse four is the Abomination of Desolation of Daniel which we are told is the mid- week of the Tribulation.So 2 Thess not only tells us that the gathering together is not before the tribulation but verse 4 is speaking of the middle of the tribultionChrist will not return until the the 7th trump it is the only time we are ever told Christ will return after the Tribulation
Read it in its right context the Greek word "Apostesi" "Falling away" is a combination of two Greek words, "Apo" Departing, and "Histemi" To a set place. Nowhere in 2 Thess 2: 3, does it say, A Falling away from the faith, That is what 1st Imaginations say, Then and then only can the anti-Christ come. read v7-8, The Church is holding back, [Stopping him coming]When Jesus comes back we will come with him, read my post, "Why christians won't go throughthe tribulation"Pre in its prefix means before, mid in its prefix means during... And Pre-Tribulation and Mid-Tribulation are both completely unscriptural. All you doing is leading souls away from Him, away from the True Christ.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.