Priestliness is the servant, but Prophecy is the master (selah)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So I heard a great quote from RC Sproul "if the Church is busy about being priestly, the world will listen when the Church is prophetic" (paraphrase) I find there is a lot of truth in this statement. The Holy Spirit inspires me to take it further, though: priestliness is the servant, prophecy is the master. Jesus said "these things happen that scripture be fulfilled" (from memory, the gospel) which begs the question which verses will be fulfilled in which way? This is a priestly question, I ask it that your eyes be opened; once you have understood the priestly, the fulfilment of prophecy through scripture will be something that you can master. If you are faithful, you can be quickened in both these things together, that is the faith. From this comes the praise, that begins in the soul and works its way out in the Spirit.

Do not fret if you can't understand this, the natural order of things will become clearer, as you serve the Lord. Share His Word, whether priestly or prophetic and you will find being priestly makes sense, until the time comes when the prophecy leads forward. Holding the tension between these things is the fullness of the faith - you may not see the fullness straight away, but if you endure, it will become plain to you - first the priestliness, then the prophetic of it, for the sake of the faith, where the Spirit leads. You will undoubtedly need to be quickened as you do these things, but you should have a sense of what is coming - that way your reward cannot be taken from you - as Jesus said "these things you have been told that you not be made to stumble" (from memory, the gospels).

When you receive your Heavenly bodies, you will laugh when you remember this. I did not stand in the way, I showed you how the Word would come to you, first with the gravity of Wisdom (which priestly cherishes) then with the power of the Holy Spirit (which prophecy protects), that the judgment of the Lord may unite the two in the Law (which defends praise). This is the power of union, the power of God and the power of Love. In all these things, the seal of the Holy Spirit will come, that you not have to struggle to keep the flesh in submission to the Spirit, but that it comes naturally as remembering Jesus and what He taught is. You may cry, but be comforted, the fulness of the Spirit is still coming, you need to be at peace with your seal - as Jesus said "by patience possess your souls", it is something we are supposed to practice, not to earn the work of God, but to do the work of God no matter what we earn.

I hope this has been of some encouragement. God bless.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So I heard a great quote from RC Sproul "if the Church is busy about being priestly, the world will listen when the Church is prophetic" (paraphrase) I find there is a lot of truth in this statement. The Holy Spirit inspires me to take it further, though: priestliness is the servant, prophecy is the master. Jesus said "these things happen that scripture be fulfilled" (from memory, the gospel) which begs the question which verses will be fulfilled in which way? This is a priestly question, I ask it that your eyes be opened; once you have understood the priestly, the fulfilment of prophecy through scripture will be something that you can master. If you are faithful, you can be quickened in both these things together, that is the faith. From this comes the praise, that begins in the soul and works its way out in the Spirit.

Do not fret if you can't understand this, the natural order of things will become clearer, as you serve the Lord. Share His Word, whether priestly or prophetic and you will find being priestly makes sense, until the time comes when the prophecy leads forward. Holding the tension between these things is the fullness of the faith - you may not see the fullness straight away, but if you endure, it will become plain to you - first the priestliness, then the prophetic of it, for the sake of the faith, where the Spirit leads. You will undoubtedly need to be quickened as you do these things, but you should have a sense of what is coming - that way your reward cannot be taken from you - as Jesus said "these things you have been told that you not be made to stumble" (from memory, the gospels).

When you receive your Heavenly bodies, you will laugh when you remember this. I did not stand in the way, I showed you how the Word would come to you, first with the gravity of Wisdom (which priestly cherishes) then with the power of the Holy Spirit (which prophecy protects), that the judgment of the Lord may unite the two in the Law (which defends praise). This is the power of union, the power of God and the power of Love. In all these things, the seal of the Holy Spirit will come, that you not have to struggle to keep the flesh in submission to the Spirit, but that it comes naturally as remembering Jesus and what He taught is. You may cry, but be comforted, the fulness of the Spirit is still coming, you need to be at peace with your seal - as Jesus said "by patience possess your souls", it is something we are supposed to practice, not to earn the work of God, but to do the work of God no matter what we earn.

I hope this has been of some encouragement. God bless.
Actually, it sounds a little egocentric. Your assumption is that your priestly/prophetic dichotomy is true, and that Christians should be encouraged by your teaching. In fact, it has not even been established the the priestly is a "servant," and the prophetic is a "master."

Today, the "prophetic" has been a deep question in my mind because it seems everybody's child and neighbor are proclaiming "what God is saying." I'm certainly not against the "prophetic," but until the Church gets better aligned with God's word, and is living in obedience to it, I'm not going to place much stock in claims of "prophetic revelation."

A Christian needs to be very wary of proclaiming things in the name of God because, as God Himself warned, He will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain. So teach the word, but make sure it is, in fact, the word!