Professed Believers - Thrown out of the Kingdom - Not Clothed Right - Warning from Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Doubt it, personally. Satan has been defeated according to that ancient book. Cool rhyme though.
He hasn't accepted defeat, but we are told in the New Testament not to give place to him, and that if we resist him he will flee from us.

Eph 4:26-27 Be angry, and do not sin. Do not let the sun go down upon your wrath, (27) neither give place to the Devil.

Jas 4:7 Therefore submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

1Pe 5:8-9 Be sensible and vigilant, because your adversary the Devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking someone he may devour; (9) whom firmly resist in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions in the world are being completed in your brotherhood.

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree with you, @Stumpmaster.

Its proclaimed in that book he has been defeated, whether you accept that or not is between you and yourself. Not between me and you.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I disagree with you, @Stumpmaster.

Its proclaimed in that book he has been defeated, whether you accept that or not is between you and yourself. Not between me and you.
Satan, known as the dragon, causes the wickedness in humanity to flourish. That wickedness peaks in the final conflict, and is depicted in Revelation 13 as a seven-headed beast rising from the sea.

Isa 57:20-21 But the wicked are like the troubled sea, which cannot rest, and its waters cast up mire and dirt. (21) There is no peace, says my God, to the wicked.

Not long after the ascension of Christ, Peter discerns the influence of Satan:

Act 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart for you to lie to the Holy Spirit, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan, known as the dragon, causes the wickedness in humanity to flourish. That wickedness peaks in the final conflict, and is depicted in Revelation 13 as a seven-headed beast rising from the sea.

Isa 57:20-21 But the wicked are like the troubled sea, which cannot rest, and its waters cast up mire and dirt. (21) There is no peace, says my God, to the wicked.

Not long after the ascension of Christ, Peter discerns the influence of Satan:

Act 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart for you to lie to the Holy Spirit, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

It happened in that generation as jesus promises for sure. You can not deny that in the book you read Satan is defeated, and done away with. Therefore I believe it to be true even if you do not. Why are you desirious to say that what i believe is wrong?

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

You can continue to choose to say this has not happened yet, it doesn't bother me, however to continue to suggest that I am wrong in which the ancient book proclaims, is not true cause according to it, that the devil is done away with.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree with Satan causing wickedness to flourish… Im wicked myself @Stumpmaster. Darkness is the influence and everyone born in the world starts off in darkness as a creation of God, who have had their sins taken care of, light comes in the more the truth of God is accepted. The world it self which is reconciled to God can cause influence like the pride of life, lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes; spirit of greed etc…

For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.” (1 John 2:15–17).

Last edited:

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It happened in that generation as jesus promises for sure. You can not deny that in the book you read Satan is defeated, and done away with. Therefore I believe it to be true even if you do not. Why are you desirious to say that what i believe is wrong?

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

You can continue to choose to say this has not happened yet, it doesn't bother me, however to continue to suggest that I am wrong in which the ancient book proclaims, is not true cause according to it, that the devil is done away with.

I disagree with Satan causing wickedness to flourish… Im wicked myself @Stumpmaster. Darkness is the influence and everyone born in the world starts off in darkness as a creation of God, who have had their sins taken care of, light comes in the more the truth of God is accepted. The world it self which is reconciled to God can cause influence like the pride of life, lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes; spirit of greed etc…

For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.” (1 John 2:15–17).
The Book of Revelation is so called from the English meaning of the Greek word apokalupsis from whence comes the term APOCALYPSE

Strongs Concordance
ἀποκάλυψις
apokalupsis

ap-ok-al'-oop-sis
From G601; disclosure: - appearing, coming, lighten, manifestation, be revealed, revelation.
Total KJV occurrences: 18

John's vision included a revelation of Satan's ultimate fate, but obviously Satan's thousand year confinement to the abyss, and his subsequent release that leads to his final conflict at Jerusalem, and his casting into the Lake of Fire hasn't happened yet.

Numerous other events are destined to take place before this happens:

Rev 20:7-10
And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, (8) And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. (9) And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. (10) And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

As for "the world", Scripture refers to Satan as the god, the prince, and the ruler of this world.

2Co 4:3-4
But also if our gospel is hidden, it is hidden to those being lost, (4) in whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving ones, so that the light of the glorious gospel of Christ (who is the image of God) should not dawn on them.

Mat 4:8-9 Again, the Devil took Him up into a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. (9) And he said to Him, All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.

Joh 12:31
Now is the judgment of this world. Now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

Joh 14:30
I shall no longer speak many things with you, for the ruler of this world comes, and he has nothing in Me.

The Word of God is Truth.

• Love

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book of Revelation is so called from the English meaning of the Greek word apokalupsis from whence comes the term APOCALYPSE

Strongs Concordance
ἀποκάλυψις
apokalupsis

ap-ok-al'-oop-sis
From G601; disclosure: - appearing, coming, lighten, manifestation, be revealed, revelation.
Total KJV occurrences: 18

John's vision included a revelation of Satan's ultimate fate, but obviously Satan's thousand year confinement to the abyss, and his subsequent release that leads to his final conflict at Jerusalem, and his casting into the Lake of Fire hasn't happened yet.

Numerous other events are destined to take place before this happens:

Rev 20:7-10
And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, (8) And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. (9) And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. (10) And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

As for "the world", Scripture refers to Satan as the god, the prince, and the ruler of this world.

2Co 4:3-4
But also if our gospel is hidden, it is hidden to those being lost, (4) in whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving ones, so that the light of the glorious gospel of Christ (who is the image of God) should not dawn on them.

Mat 4:8-9 Again, the Devil took Him up into a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. (9) And he said to Him, All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.

Joh 12:31
Now is the judgment of this world. Now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

Joh 14:30
I shall no longer speak many things with you, for the ruler of this world comes, and he has nothing in Me.

The Word of God is Truth.

Sure was going to happen. I simply disagree with it, having to happen today or in the future like most people tend to believe. It's alright though if you decide to believe that it all has to happen in the future, and it does not bother me in the least friend. Hope that you can at least love me anyway, even if it is a disagreement of ones stance. It is after all about loving your neighbor and expressing what it is one believes if it is desired to be known and shared. :)

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Sure was going to happen. I simply disagree with it, having to happen today or in the future like most people tend to believe. It's alright though if you decide to believe that it all has to happen in the future, and it does not bother me in the least friend. Hope that you can at least love me anyway, even if it is a disagreement of ones stance. It is after all about loving your neighbor and expressing what it is one believes if it is desired to be known and shared.
Hopefully you will allow the Scriptures to speak to your heart:

2Ti 3:16-17 All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, (17) that the man of God may be perfected, thoroughly furnished to every good work.

2Ti 2:15 Make every effort to present yourself approved to God, an unashamed workman who accurately handles the word of truth.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hopefully you will allow the Scriptures to speak to your heart:

2Ti 3:16-17 All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, (17) that the man of God may be perfected, thoroughly furnished to every good work.

2Ti 2:15 Make every effort to present yourself approved to God, an unashamed workman who accurately handles the word of truth.
That was a letter written to timothy. Sorry, while I do believe the bible is wonder and a great gift that God has given to all who are able to read it which for them is a spiritual map to check themselves with in reference to see if they are having faith and love. I dont submit to your view in which I have to believe its for a future date, and I hope that you as a living and breathing human individual behind a computer screen can lovingly accept that message from another living and breathing human being behind a phone screen.

Thank you @Stumpmaster. There is no need in responding futher unless it is your so willed desire.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That was a letter written to timothy.
You might know the acronym B.I.B.L.E.

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth.

So we ask ourselves this:
  1. What does the Scripture say?
  2. What does the Scripture mean?
  3. How do I apply the Scripture?
Here are some Scriptures for you that attest to the relevance of Scriptures to everyone today:

Rom 4:23-24 Now the words “it was credited to him” were written not only for Abraham, (24) but also for us, to whom righteousness will be credited—for us who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead.

Rom 15:4 For everything that was written in the past was written for our instruction, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures, we might have hope.

1Co 10:11 Now these things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come.

• Love

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Stumpmaster I believe this topical message needs to be brought to the discussion, im not worried about being liked, or being loved. I'll continue to stand on what was stated cause even God promised the defeat of Satan, so Jesus also foretold of him being cast out of this world, and John completed the message with the devils' defeat, along with Hades, the false prophet and the beast, and death.

Thank you for your shared comments. You're just trying to help however if you don't understand that I do not have to accept your view and you keep going in circles; that's not good; though that is just my opinion.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 22​

The Parable of the Wedding Banquet​

22 Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: 2 “The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3 He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.
4 “Then he sent some more servants and said, ‘Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.’
5 “But they paid no attention and went off—one to his field, another to his business. 6 The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. 7 The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.
8 “Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 9 So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ 10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.
11 “But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12 He asked, ‘How did you get in here without wedding clothes, friend?’ The man was speechless.
13 “Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
14 “For many are invited, but few are chosen.”

• #7 <- The Choice

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Stumpmaster I believe this topical message needs to be brought to the discussion, im not worried about being liked, or being loved. I'll continue to stand on what was stated cause even God promised the defeat of Satan, so Jesus also foretold of him being cast out of this world, and John completed the message with the devils' defeat, along with Hades, the false prophet and the beast, and death.

Thank you for your shared comments. You're just trying to help however if you don't understand that I do not have to accept your view and you keep going in circles; that's not good; though that is just my opinion.
I submit....you are traveling in circles....in one instance you accept God's word for face value and in another you reject clear language on other issues.

That's not sensible.

May I suggest consideration of the following Bible study rules;

1)Take the Bible literally where ever possible. If typical, figurative or symbolic language is used then we must look for a literal interpretation it intends to convey.

2) Look for scriptures(s) which interpret scriptures.

3) do not spiritualize the Bible.

Following these study rules has been greatly beneficial. Do not take them as critical review....adopt them as you further study to see if it helps.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Professed Believers - Thrown out of the Kingdom - Not Clothed Right - Warning from Jesus

The CEV Translation puts it nicely.
12 The king asked, “Friend, why didn't you wear proper clothes for the wedding?” But the guest had no excuse.

It's not about the clothing but honoring God.

I've said it for a long time now, lip service will not breach the gates of heaven.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I submit....you are traveling in circles....in one instance you accept God's word for face value and in another you reject clear language on other issues.

That's not sensible.

May I suggest consideration of the following Bible study rules;

1)Take the Bible literally where ever possible. If typical, figurative or symbolic language is used then we must look for a literal interpretation it intends to convey.

2) Look for scriptures(s) which interpret scriptures.

3) do not spiritualize the Bible.

Following these study rules has been greatly beneficial. Do not take them as critical review....adopt them as you further study to see if it helps.

Another suggestion to add is to read it all in context, from One book and all it's chapters, to another book and all it's chapters. Many people actually have issues doing that and it's understandable that sometimes people get distracted, and venture down different avenues and pathways. Having read the Gospels several times over in my life, and all the rest of the apostolic record aside from Acts all the way through. They, in that time where very much waiting for the Lord Yeshua and his return. That would include the defeat of the devil himself, along with hades, the false prophet, and the beast. I have no issues with the bible itself, people just have issues with my understanding of it, which is fine, gpresdo. To some extent I know to respect my elders, but also on the other hand, I know that I do not have to subject myself to what a mass majority believes in either. To have faith and to love other individuals is what one should strive to do by the Spirit of Christ, even if you share with someone and they disagree. It is okay. Praise Yahava, for that, and his Son Yeshua.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The CEV Translation puts it nicely.
12 The king asked, “Friend, why didn't you wear proper clothes for the wedding?” But the guest had no excuse.

It's not about the clothing but honoring God.

I've said it for a long time now, lip service will not breach the gates of heaven.

What is CEV? Honoring God is a must, to have faith and trust him, and putting him before all others and all things is highly important. You are right.

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another suggestion to add is to read it all in context, from One book and all it's chapters, to another book and all it's chapters. Many people actually have issues doing that and it's understandable that sometimes people get distracted, and venture down different avenues and pathways. Having read the Gospels several times over in my life, and all the rest of the apostolic record aside from Acts all the way through. They, in that time where very much waiting for the Lord Yeshua and his return. That would include the defeat of the devil himself, along with hades, the false prophet, and the beast. I have no issues with the bible itself, people just have issues with my understanding of it, which is fine, gpresdo. To some extent I know to respect my elders, but also on the other hand, I know that I do not have to subject myself to what a mass majority believes in either. To have faith and to love other individuals is what one should strive to do by the Spirit of Christ, even if you share with someone and they disagree. It is okay. Praise Yahava, for that, and his Son Yeshua.
Great....study scriptures and avoid following men in this 2023 time frame. There are examples daily of false teachings. Be reminded scriptures tell us.... in the end times there will be scoffers and great deceptions...guess what ........that time is here and we see them all the time. Even here on this board as well as all other forums.
Stay with the Bible.