Pronoun abuse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. :)
I've heard Hal Lindsay is preaching now rather than lecturing.

I'll check those out.
Hal was a rockstar when I was in college some 50 year ago. He had to do so much tap-dancing away from his failed prophecies that one could only feel sorry for him. He's 94 now, so if he's preaching I'm impressed.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whereupon you will be applying for unemployment compensation.

I'd rather offend the pervert... than to offend the Lord.

Actually, I don't think I'd call him it... I'd keep calling him Bob!

There's plenty of work for those who don't support the perverts out there thumbsup2.gif

Besides, if they fire me I can easily win a wrongful termination lawsuit against the employer by having a DNA test done on old Bob... that will prove scientifically that he is still a man therefore calling him Bob is not something I should be fired for

This is actually being done as courts are ruling in favor of Christians not being forced to violate
their sincerely held religious beliefs so, I'd be like making a few million bucks and retiring!
smile-grin11.gif

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hal was a rockstar when I was in college some 50 year ago. He had to do so much tap-dancing away from his failed prophecies that one could only feel sorry for him. He's 94 now, so if he's preaching I'm impressed.

Due to his date setting claiming a specific time when Jesus was going to return... sadly he is a proven false prophet just like Harold Camping and Chuck Smith.

Harold Camping has not given up on his prophetic date setting. He’s offering justifiable reasons why the “rapture” did not take place on May 21st as he predicted. Lindsey and Smith have done the same thing. They were both wrong about the 1988 end-point date, but this hasn’t stopped either of them from making a career out of prophetic speculation. As the 40-year time table was about to run out, like Camping, Lindsey tweaked his earlier prognostication.

In an interview published in Christianity Today (April 15, 1977), Lindsey told W. Ward Gasque: “I don’t know how long a biblical generation is. [In 1970, according to Lindsey, it was 40 years.] Perhaps somewhere between sixty and eighty years. The state of Israel was established in 1948. There are a lot of world leaders who are pointing to the 1980s as being the time of some very momentous events. Perhaps it will be then. But I feel certain that it will take place before the year 2000.” He changed from a 1988 date to before 2000, and yet he’s still considered a “prophecy expert.”

Read entire article by clicking the link below...

Before Harold Camping, there Were Hal Lindsey and Chuck Smith

https://americanvision.org/4545/before-harold-camping-there-was-chuck-smith

Reactions: O'Darby

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a weekly teaching/preaching series on Daystar TV.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is SOOOO WICKED. No wonder God created the everlasting Hell fire.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@BlessedPeace

I agree with you that it is sad state of affairs. I have posted this solution before on this forum a number of times and hardly received any endorsement from the members for those posts.