Pronoun abuse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The issue, of course, is far more fundamental than anything to do with transgenderism or pronoun usage. The destruction of the family structure is a fundemantal tenet of Marxism. My wife spent the first 37 years of her life in the USSR, and undermining the family structure was a core policy. The Indiana case is simply an example of what is a far wider and deeper problem. What is jaw-dropping and highly suggestive of demonic infuence is how quickly so many seemingly sane people have started to see this sort of thing as "not only OK, but really making a lot of sense." WHAT???

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The issue, of course, is far more fundamental than anything to do with transgenderism or pronoun usage. The destruction of the family structure is a fundemantal tenet of Marxism. My wife spent the first 37 years of her life in the USSR, and undermining the family structure was a core policy. The Indiana case is simply an example of what is a far wider and deeper problem. What is jaw-dropping and highly suggestive of demonic infuence is how quickly so many seemingly sane people have started to see this sort of thing as "not only OK, but really making a lot of sense." WHAT???
Yes I'm noticing the use of emergency powers to do something similar to Marxism.

Transgender is a deception of nature biologically. They are enforcing deception.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's global delusion. It was never more apparent than with the coronavirus psychosis.

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's global delusion. It was never more apparent than with the coronavirus psychosis.
Yes, it cuts across many issues. There is some sort of collective madness that is difficult to explain in non-supernatural (demonic) terms. Even people my own age whom I know and like now hold views so completely evil, and so different from what ANYONE would have believed 50 years ago, that it's disorienting. I don't even know what to say to them.

Reactions: dev553344

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Dev-- noted in other coverage of this story is the fact that these were Catholic parents.

Why does that matter? The Courts are emboldened by the Pope's stance on transgender issues, as well as all things LGBTQ+++ and all the nonsense that goes with it. These parents have no support from their Church.

This Pope is more likely to bless a gay union and host a transgender luncheon, or funeral party in a Cathedral than step up and say it's wrong for parents to lose their own kids over this issue. He provides the ultimate cover, and gender-affirming care for all the deviants.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dev-- noted in other coverage of this story is the fact that these were Catholic parents.

Why does that matter? The Courts are emboldened by the Pope's stance on transgender issues, as well as all things LGBTQ+++ and all the nonsense that goes with it. These parents have no support from their Church.

This Pope is more likely to bless a gay union and host a transgender luncheon, or funeral party in a Cathedral than step up and say it's wrong for parents to lose their own kids over this issue. He provides the ultimate cover, and gender-affirming care for all the deviants.
The Pope clearly has some problems living the truth and expounding it to the church. But this goes beyond the fact that these were Catholic parents. I have seen on the news laws proposing legal punishments for not using what they consider are proper pronouns of the LGBTQ community.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Pope clearly has some problems living the truth and expounding it to the church. But this goes beyond the fact that these were Catholic parents. I have seen on the news laws proposing legal punishments for not using what they consider are proper pronouns of the LGBTQ community.

In more authoritarian countries--like Canada.... it can land you in jail.

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the USSR, parents were seriously fearful of what their children might hear them say IN THEIR SLEEP and report to the authorities.

What a weird slippery slope. How am I supposed to keep abreast of what those in the ever-changing and ever-expanding LGBTQ++++ (or whatever it's called these days) community want to be called today or tomorrow? Considering that transgenderism and all its variants is largely an absurd fad, with self-identies fluctuating on a weekly if not daily basis, how can failing to abide by someone's current whims possibly be a basis for legal liability?

This sort of thing opens the door to the same sort of abuse we see when a gay couple (is "gay" still an OK word in the LGBTQ community?), with a reporter in tow, targets a Christian bakery even though there are five other bakeries in the vicinity, and the community wrings its hands over the ghastly discrimination the loving couple suffered at the hands of the Christian beast who wouldn't make them a special cake. Only now it will be "transgender" (for today anyway) kids, possibly with reporters in tow, seeking revenge against parents for reasons really having nothing to with transgenderism. I-N-S-A-N-I-T-Y.

MrNoir

Jan 25, 2024
Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the USSR, parents were seriously fearful of what their children might hear them say IN THEIR SLEEP and report to the authorities.

What a weird slippery slope. How am I supposed to keep abreast of what those in the ever-changing and ever-expanding LGBTQ++++ (or whatever it's called these days) community want to be called today or tomorrow?
I'm sure hate groups will have a something new coming out shortly.
Considering that transgenderism and all its variants is largely an absurd fad, with self-identies fluctuating on a weekly if not daily basis, how can failing to abide by someone's current whims possibly be a basis for legal liability?
Being a member of a minority is not a whim.
This sort of thing opens the door to the same sort of abuse we see when a gay couple (is "gay" still an OK word in the LGBTQ community?), with a reporter in tow, targets a Christian bakery even though there are five other bakeries in the vicinity,
Reminds me of how segregation was defended by saying there were "colored" business just doesn't the street or "they have their own water fountain so they don't need to use the one designated for good people"

and the community wrings its hands over the ghastly discrimination the loving couple suffered at the hands of the Christian beast who wouldn't make them a special cake.
You mean a cake that baker would make for anyone else.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it cuts across many issues. There is some sort of collective madness that is difficult to explain in non-supernatural (demonic) terms. Even people my own age whom I know and like now hold views so completely evil, and so different from what ANYONE would have believed 50 years ago, that it's disorienting. I don't even know what to say to them.
I see this as a deep spiritual darkness overcoming the world. One more reason I think we are close to the end of the age.

Much love!

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see this as a deep spiritual darkness overcoming the world. One more reason I think we are close to the end of the age.

Much love!
Oh, yes, so do I. I often say to my wife, "If I weren't a Christian AT ALL, what has taken place over the past 25 years (or less) is so bizarre and inexplicable, so close to what the Bible predicts for the Last Days, that I think I'd be taking a serious look at Christianity ON THIS BASIS ALONE."

Reactions: marks

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure hate groups will have a something new coming out shortly.

Being a member of a minority is not a whim.
No, being a genuine LGBTQ++++ person, on the basis of genetics, biology or even aberrant psychology, is not a whim. This is, however, a MINISCULE portion of the LGBTQ++++ community. Those for whom it's a passing fad, little different than being a "Jesus freak" was a passing fad in my college days (quaint as this may now seem), is indeed a whim.
Reminds me of how segregation was defended by saying there were "colored" business just doesn't the street or "they have their own water fountain so they don't need to use the one designated for good people"

You mean a cake that baker would make for anyone else.
The analogy between racism and a concern about the forced celebration of LGBTQ+++ proclivities and practices is badly flawed. Moreover, most Christians engaged in creative activities, be it cake-baking, art, photography, writing or anything else, would be unwilling to use their talents in the depiction of offensive heterosexual activities as well.

You have drunk the LGBTQ+++ Kool-Aid, and in my experience and observation it's a very powerful intoxicant. I've gone down this pointless road on too many other forums to be sucked into it again.

Reactions: dev553344

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, yes, so do I. I often say to my wife, "If I weren't a Christian AT ALL, what has taken place over the past 25 years (or less) is so bizarre and inexplicable, so close to what the Bible predicts for the Last Days, that I think I'd be taking a serious look at Christianity ON THIS BASIS ALONE."
That's a lot like why I became Christian. It was 1981, and I had just finished reading two books on end times prophecy. Even then, the world scene was so much like what the Bible described, I was convinced!

Much love!