Pronoun abuse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MrNoir

Jan 25, 2024
Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The analogy between racism and a concern about the forced celebration of LGBTQ+++ proclivities and practices is badly flawed.

No it's apt. On the one hand you have a group who wants to use religion to justify discrimination against a particular minority and on the other hand...you have a group who wants to use religion to justify discrimination against a particular minority.
Moreover, most Christians engaged in creative activities, be it cake-baking, art, photography, writing or anything else, would be unwilling to use their talents in the depiction of offensive heterosexual activities as well.
If they are running a public business and providing gods and services to the public then they get to provider those same services to everyone regardless of skin color or gender or religion.
You have drunk the LGBTQ+++ Kool-Aid, and in my experience and observation it's a very powerful intoxicant. I've gone down this pointless road on too many other forums to be sucked into it again.
Sad that think honesty and integrity is the equivalent of "Kool-Aid"

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember hearing about Nazi's that their children would turn the parents in. Nothing new.

And the demons refer to themselves as us/them/we/

Jesus asked him, “What is your name?” And he said, “My name is Legion, for we are many."

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And the demons refer to themselves as us/them/we/

Jesus asked him, “What is your name?” And he said, “My name is Legion, for we are many."
I was taught that pronouns were either he, she or it; his, hers or its. I don't think I could change that thinking just because I was told I had to. I'm sorry if I offend anybody.

MrNoir

Jan 25, 2024
Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was taught that pronouns were either he, she or it; his, hers or its. I don't think I could change that thinking just because I was told I had to. I'm sorry if I offend anybody.
Here is a list of all the common pronouns:

"I"
"you"
"he"
"she"
"it"
"we"
"they"
"my"
"your"
"his"
"her"
"its"
"our"
"their"
"this"
"that"
"these"
"those"
"who"
"whom"
"which"
"what"
"whose"
"all"
"any"
"each"
"every"
"no one"
"none"
"some"
"anybody"
"anyone"
"anything"
"each other"
"one another"
"myself"
"yourself"
"himself"
"herself"
"itself"
"ourselves"
"themselves"

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Here is a list of all the common pronouns:

"I"
"you"
"he"
"she"
"it"
"we"
"they"
"my"
"your"
"his"
"her"
"its"
"our"
"their"
"this"
"that"
"these"
"those"
"who"
"whom"
"which"
"what"
"whose"
"all"
"any"
"each"
"every"
"no one"
"none"
"some"
"anybody"
"anyone"
"anything"
"each other"
"one another"
"myself"
"yourself"
"himself"
"herself"
"itself"
"ourselves"
"themselves"
Yes but you wouldn't normal use a plural or group pronoun like them, their or they when referring to just one person. languages such as French where everything is either masculine of feminine might have a problem with this.

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they are running a public business and providing gods and services to the public then they get to provider those same services to everyone regardless of skin color or gender or religion.
Since I'm a retired lawyer, I will weigh in to point out the obvious legal and factual reality - i.e., LGBTQ+++ proclivities and practices are neither skin color, gender nor religion. I will further point out the breaking news that Christianity is in fact a religion. I will further point out that virtually all criminal laws and large swaths of the civil law "discriminate" against "minorities." Yep, the vast majority of us have a problem with shoplifters, murderers and rapists, discriminatory as this may be. Lastly, I will point out that most Christian businesses will indeed provide their goods and services to any and all customers without the slightest inquiry as to the customers' sexual proclivities, political views or anything else. It is somewhat different when a Christian is asked to exercise his or her creative talents in furtherance of activities the Christian religion regards as deeply sinful. It is also somewhat different when Christians as a whole are subjected to in-your-face attacks by LGBTQ+++ proponents and sycophants who insist their sinful (in Christian eyes) proclivities and practices must not only be tolerated but normalized and celebrated.

There are legitimate discussions and debates to be had on these issues, but your thinking does seem to be at a one-dimensional Kool-Aid level.

Done.

MrNoir

Jan 25, 2024
Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since I'm a retired lawyer, I will weigh in to point out the obvious legal and factual reality - i.e., LGBTQ+++ proclivities and practices are neither skin color, gender nor religion.
Skin color is not a religion but just like LGBT having dark skin or belonging to a non Christian religion makes them all minorities.

A minority is a culturally, ethnically, religious or racially distinct group that has a shared sense of collective identity and community that coexists with but is subordinate to a more dominant group with socially shared rules about who belongs and who does not.

LGBT+ people are a minority like or not.

I would also point out that constitutionally everyone EVERYONE is equal in the eyes of the law, even people you may not like or that a business owner may not like. But when it comes to public accommodation. Everyone has the right to full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation. Places of public accommodation cannot treat people differently because they happen to be members of a minority

I will further point out the breaking news that Christianity is in fact a religion. I will further point out that virtually all criminal laws and large swaths of the civil law "discriminate" against "minorities." Yep, the vast majority of us have a problem with shoplifters, murderers and rapists, discriminatory as this may be.

Again educate your self on the legal definition of a minority. (It's sad i have to tell a retired lawyer to do so)

I might also ask you to consider your sly comparison of LGBT+ people to murders and rapists. I get that doing so helps you demonize and dehumanize a minority but it is just thinly disguised bigotry just lie when racists make the same comparisons between blacks and rapists or disease carriers.
Lastly, I will point out that most Christian businesses will indeed provide their goods and services to any and all customers without the slightest inquiry as to the customers' sexual proclivities, political views or anything else. It is somewhat different when a Christian is asked to exercise his or her creative talents in furtherance of activities the Christian religion regards as deeply sinful.
Your use of "sexual proclivities" is yet another attempt to demonize and dehumanize a minority.

If someone in business Christian or not is so prejudiced that they can't deal with minorities with simple respect then maybe they shouldn't be in any business that deals with the public.
It is also somewhat different when Christians as a whole are subjected to in-your-face attacks by LGBTQ+++ proponents and sycophants who insist their sinful (in Christian eyes) proclivities and practices must not only be tolerated but normalized and celebrated.
And what of LGBT people who as a whole are subjected to in-your-face attacks by conservative Christians proponents and sycophants who insist their bigoted proclivities and practices most not only be tolerated but normalized, legalized and celebrated.

LGBT people are demanding anything be celebrated what they are saying is that your right to hate them ends when it turns into discrimination.
There are legitimate discussions and debates to be had on these issues, but your thinking does seem to be at a one-dimensional Kool-Aid level.

Done.
yes there are many discussion and debates to be had, try doing so with out resorting to demonizing minorities.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This begs the question.... if you were put in a position of having to offend the Lord and walk in sin by supporting your kid's sexual perversion.... would you be true to the Lord? Or go ahead and live in sin?

There's plenty of OSAS peoples that would be willing to tickle your ear and tell you that it's OK to live in sin by supporting sexual perversion which is a slap in God's face and is an abomination.

Luke 14:26
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

"hare" here means to love your family less than you do the Lord... in other words you love the Lord before your family.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You know that God did provide a solution to the problems we are facing in the world today, and it suggests where the problem lies but the "Christians" do not see the connections nor are they able to follow the procedures that God has set in place that would encourage Him to heal the land of the problems and issues that are presently being faced.

What is the primary sin that many Christians are involved with? the sin of 'If we do this and this then the issue will go away and we can then feel comfortable with the lives that we live.'

What is the solution that we as "Christians" ignore?

Well, can any "Christian" tell me what that is?

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a lot like why I became Christian. It was 1981, and I had just finished reading two books on end times prophecy. Even then, the world scene was so much like what the Bible described, I was convinced!

Much love!
Which books?

Reactions: marks

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know that God did provide a solution to the problems we are facing in the world today, and it suggests where the problem lies but the "Christians" do not see the connections nor are they able to follow the procedures that God has set in place that would encourage Him to heal the land of the problems and issues that are presently being faced.

What is the primary sin that many Christians are involved with? the sin of 'If we do this and this then the issue will go away and we can then feel comfortable with the lives that we live.'

What is the solution that we as "Christians" ignore?

Well, can any "Christian" tell me what that is?
Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

You are a "Christian",why not just spell it out?

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: dev553344

MrNoir

Jan 25, 2024
Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which books?
What the World is Coming To, by Chuck Smith, and The Late Great Planet Earth, Hal Lindsey.

I'd read a great deal of "religious" and "spiritual" writings, including various forms of prophecy (Cayce, Book of the Hopi, some others), and quickly realized the Bible was not like any other book.

Much love!

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if I go to work and Bob from accounting comes in on Monday morning claiming he is now a woman and wants to be call Bobalina... I'm going to address him as It laughing.gif

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What the World is Coming To, by Chuck Smith, and The Late Great Planet Earth, Hal Lindsey.

I'd read a great deal of "religious" and "spiritual" writings, including various forms of prophecy (Cayce, Book of the Hopi, some others), and quickly realized the Bible was not like any other book.

Much love!
Thank you. :)
I've heard Hal Lindsay is preaching now rather than lecturing.

I'll check those out.