Proof that Jesus is God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His declaration that got him crucified was to be the Messiah. See Mark 14:61-62.

Jesus is the Messiah, which means anointed by God. Anyone with any grasp of language usage knows this means he is not God. Dinner made by Mom is not Mom.
John 1 The Word was God.

Yep, Jesus is God!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which one is a Cult? A or B?

'Next, the end, when he hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power.' (1 Corinthians 15:24)

A. Trinitarians Claim that God hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father
B. Christians Claim Jesus hands over the Kingdom to his God and Father
Try C: JW's

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
Since you want to join in, maybe you will refute that the Word was God (John 1), or that This is the true God (I John 5) was not the Son Jesus Christ...

Until someone can reasonably change those two verses into saying something else, then Jesus the Son and Word of God was God and still is the true God.

In meantime:

1. There is One God the Father and One Lord Jesus Christ. No contradiction. One is God and One is Lord, and the Lord is God. (Josh 22:34)
If not enough: The Lord He is God (4:35,39) Not to mention all the Scriptures of The Lord God, the Lord thy God, The Lord is my strength and the Lord is my God, the anointing oil of His God is upon him: I am the Lord.

The Lord God is the Son and the Father together. It's all very simple and grammatical.

Correct? Is the Lord not God? Or is the One Lord Jesus not only not God, but also is not the Lord He is God? Is there different meaning to the title Lord, or to being the one Lord? Maybe you can ask some Greek if there is another title to insert for 'Lord' in Jesus' case, while retaining the title 'Lord' solely to that Lord that is God in the Old Covenant?

(Your monotheistic Jewish brethren that reject Jesus as God (to this day), did not and do not at all object that the Lord is God. They, as yourself, just won't believe that the Lord God has already come...)

2. The accusation of your Jewish brethren against Jesus was that of blasphemy for making Himself God (John 10:33), and so they had Him crucified, when He stated plainly that He was the Christ, the Son of the blessed. Even they knew from prophesy that the promised Messiah would be the Lord Himself on earth. It is their own accusation that proves claiming to be the Messiah is to try and make oneself God.

(Perhaps if they had been able, like yourself and others, to parse a distinction different between the Messiah and the Lord God, then they had not needed crucify Him for trying to make Himself God. They could have just treated Him like Muhammed and admit that they knew He was a great prophet (John 3), but not the Son of the Blessed, the Christ, which is plainly by prophesy of Scripture to be God on earth.)

Frankly I'm surprised you even accept Jesus as the Son of God and don't question even that, as the devil did (Luke 4:9) Or is He not the Son of God either? Or do we need simply remove the Capitalized 'S' for son when in connection with God? Which is what you are doing by trying to make Him (oops, sorry. him) a created being unequal to the true God, though certainly like God, but certainly not God.

(Which by the way is the status with God that Lucifer wanted to make of himself: "I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High." (Is 14:14)

Look, you can refuse to believe and agree the above reasoning and quotes of Scripture, but you certainly cannot reject it out of hand, as fabricated deifying of Jesus from the 4th century...(Especially since I am in the 20th and 21st century, and I never ready anything about it from the 4th)

You may want to read 1 John 5:20 again. The true God there is clearly the Father. John makes that abundantly clear.

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. (1 Jn. 5:20 KJV)

Jesus is the Son of the one who is true. He can't be both the one who is true and the Son of the one who is true. The true God is the Father, just as Jesus said.

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. (Jn. 17:3 KJV)

John was basically repeating what Jesus said, that the Father is the only true God and eternal life.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eh? What? I have never come across the word "aprioic" before, and I can't find it in any English dictionary, so I have no idea of what you are trying to say. I have found that using simple, basic language is the best form of communication. Using words that the vast majority of people have never heard doesn't help you communicate, it just confuses people and leads to presumption and errors!
Actually, "aprioric" (Adjective; apologies for the spelling, it was missing an "r", as I do not always catch those things, and the "a" becomes fused with the remaining word, which happens sometimes, and is appropriate combined or not), a variation of the phrase 'a priori' (that which is before, or presupposed, and commonly used in argumentation or 'debate'). aprioric - Dictionar explicativ al limbii romane (DEX) - Dictio.ro

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0,5&q="aprioric"&btnG=

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No assumption. It’s simply a fact that the trinity is not in the Bible.

Strawman, non-sequitur.

Trio, not "trinity".

I’m not sure what could be more relevant than the word of God contains no explicit teaching of the trinity.

It’s absence is so profound, trinitarians cannot accept this basic fact of Scripture.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not sure what could be more relevant than the word of God contains no explicit teaching of the trinity.

It’s absence is so profound, trinitarians cannot accept this basic fact of Scripture.
I agree with you on both points. Now if only you would address what I have shared on the eternally heavenly Trio.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sigh, as if there were no other texts on the subject, taking one text out of its context and not addressing everything else I have provided.

You got it totally backwards. The evidence against Jesus being God is overwhelming. This text is explicit.

Trinitarians desperately attempt to assert explicit texts like John 17:22 and John 20:17 ought to be superceded by vague or figurative texts, like John 1:1, where they can suppose their interpretation is the only one.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Trinitarian deception in the KJB continues...
You wanna talk about deception. Take a peek at the NWT.

NWT John 1 The word was a god.

John 1:1 (KJV)1 the Word was God.
(GenevaBible)1 that Word was God.
(ASV)1 the Word was God.
(AMP)1 the Word was God Himself.
(MontgomeryNT)1 the Word was God.
(CEB)1 the Word was God.
(CJB)1 the Word was God.
(Darby)1 the Word was God.
(ESV)1 the Word was God.
(HCSB)1 the Word was God.
(MaceNT)1 the Logos was God.
(NASB)1 the Word was God.
(NIV)1 the Word was God.
(NJB)1 the Word was God.
(NKJV)1 the Word was God.
(NRSV)1 the Word was God.
(RSV)1 the Word was God.
(TLB)1 is himself God.
(WesleyNT)1 the Word was God.
(WEY)1 the Word was God.
(YLT)1 the Word was God;
(Webster's Bible)1 the Word was God.
(MSG)1 The Word was God,

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely not! One, as in one being.
How many LORD's are in these verses?

Matthew 28:19 KJB - Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Genesis 19:24 KJB -Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;

[Jesus, the LORD [JEHOVAH] who came down with the two covering cherubs, the two angels that are beside the LORD, is standing upon the earth [Genesis 18-19, especially 18:25 “Judge of all the Earth”] and calling down fire from His Father above, the Holy Spirit being included by the Fire also]

2 Timothy 1:18 KJB - The Lord grant unto him that he may find mercy of the Lord in that day: and in how many things he ministered unto me at Ephesus, thou knowest very well.

Psalms 110:1 KJB - [[A Psalm of David.]] The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

[Jesus [JEHOVAH] speaking not only to David, but God the Father, speaking to the Son also [David being a type pointing to Christ], as seen in the NT, since the whole of Scripture testifies of the the Son [John 5:39 KJB]]

Matthew 22:44 KJB - The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

Luke 20:42 KJB - And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Acts 2:34 KJB - For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

Psalms 22:1 KJB - [[To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David.]] My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

Matthew 27:46 KJB - And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Mark 15:34 KJB - And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Zechariah 3:2 KJB - And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

Colossians 2:2 KJB - That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

Colossians 2:3 KJB - In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Ephesians 5:20 KJB - Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Colossians 3:17 KJB - And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

1 Thessalonians 3:11 KJB - Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way unto you.

Hosea 1:4 KJB - And the LORD said unto him, Call his name Jezreel; for yet a little while, and I will avenge the blood of Jezreel upon the house of Jehu, and will cause to cease the kingdom of the house of Israel.

Hosea 1:5 KJB - And it shall come to pass at that day, that I will break the bow of Israel in the valley of Jezreel.

Hosea 1:6 KJB - And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Loruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away.

Hosea 1:7 KJB - But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the LORD their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen.

We know this because Jews, who wrote the entire Bible, reject the trinity to this day.
'Jews' to this day reject the NT. 'Jews' to this day reject Jesus Christ as the Messiah. 'Jews' to this day discount Isaiah 53. 'Jews' to this day reject the time prophecies of Daniel 9, going so far as to place a curse upon those who try to calculate the times therein. So, pointing to the 'Jews' as the arbiters of truth is to reject the testimony of scripture itself. It turns from the Book (Bible) to man.

Again, "trinity" is non-sequitur (in other words, irrelevant) to the position and texts I have shared with you.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please explain why "heretical".
Please begin with this response here - Proof that Jesus is God

Then continue to the following:

Proof that Jesus is God

Proof that Jesus is God

For further information, consider those that were dealing with this, after the dark ages:

“... We will make a few extracts, that the reader may see the broad contrast between the God of the Bible brought to light through Sabbath-keeping, and the god in the dark through Sunday-keeping. Catholic Catechism Abridged by the Rt. Rev. John Dubois, Bishop of New York. Page 5. Ques. Where is God? Ans. God is everywhere. Q. Does God see and know all things? A. Yes, he does know and see all things. Q. Has God any body? A. No; God has no body, he is a pure Spirit. Q. Are there more Gods than one? A. No; there is but one God. Q. Are there more persons than one in God? A. Yes; in God there are three persons. Q. Which are they? A. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost. Q. Are there not three Gods? A. No; the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, are all but one and the same God. ARSH March 7, 1854, p. 50.11

The first article of the Methodist Religion, p. 8. There is but one living and true God, everlasting, without body or parts, of infinite power, wisdom and goodness: the maker and preserver of all things, visible and invisible. And in unity of this God-head, there are three persons of one substance, power and eternity; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. ARSH March 7, 1854, p. 50.12

In this article like the Catholic doctrine, we are taught that there are three persons of one substance, power and eternity making in all one living and true God, everlasting without body or parts. But in all this we are not told what became of the body of Jesus who had a body when he ascended, who went to God who “is everywhere” or nowhere. Doxology. ARSH March 7, 1854, p. 50.13

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got it totally backwards. The evidence against Jesus being God is overwhelming. This text is explicit.
Hmmm

John 1:1 (KJV)1 the Word was God.
(GenevaBible)1 that Word was God.
(ASV)1 the Word was God.
(AMP)1 the Word was God Himself.
(MontgomeryNT)1 the Word was God.
(CEB)1 the Word was God.
(CJB)1 the Word was God.
(Darby)1 the Word was God.
(ESV)1 the Word was God.
(HCSB)1 the Word was God.
(MaceNT)1 the Logos was God.
(NASB)1 the Word was God.
(NIV)1 the Word was God.
(NJB)1 the Word was God.
(NKJV)1 the Word was God.
(NRSV)1 the Word was God.
(RSV)1 the Word was God.
(TLB)1 is himself God.
(WesleyNT)1 the Word was God.
(WEY)1 the Word was God.
(YLT)1 the Word was God;
(Webster's Bible)1 the Word was God.
(MSG)1 The Word was God,

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you on both points. Now if only you would address what I have shared on the eternally heavenly Trio.

I will when. Have more time to review. Are these the lengthy posts you made?

One response is Elohim means heavenly beings and is not a term limited to a trio.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The son of a giraffe is a giraffe.
The son of a centipede is a centipede.
The son of a man is a man.
But the son of the giraffe is not the father of the giraffe. The son of a man is not his own father.

The Son of God is... Fairly obvious don't you think,
Yep, he's the son of God, and not God. God is a title (meaning a mighty one), not a type of being, such as giraffe, centipede, angel, man, etc..
and the greatest evidence for the divinity of Christ. Which is why the Jews said to Him... We are persecuting you because you, a mere man, make yourself out to be God... Because you said God is your Father.
And they were in the wrong to kill somebody just because they believed he lied. If somebody today claimed they were God, or Jesus, would we kill them? If Jesus was not lying then they definitely would/should not have killed him. If they had believed that Jesus was God's son, they still would not have believed that he was God:

John 5:18 (WEB): For this cause therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill him, because he not only broke the Sabbath, but also called God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

In their eyes, claiming to be God's son meant claiming to be equal to God, as an adult human son is equally a man as his father. It still doesn't mean that they considered Jesus was claiming to be God, and Jesus never claimed equality with God, he always declared that God, his father, was greater than himself.

John 1:12 (WEB): But as many as received him, to them he gave the right to become God’s children, to those who believe in his name:

When we become God's children, do we become God too? I don't believe so!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus cannot be an heir of God if he is God!
A Father has wealth. A Son inherits that Father's wealth. If the Father adopted children so that there were more heirs than the original Son (of the Father's own flesh/nature), that allows the Son and the adopted to be heirs together.

The Father is in nature eternal Deity, the "only "true" God" (monon alethinon theon, God, ton theon, John 1:1b)

The Son (being the "express image" of the Father's Person) has the eternal nature (Deity) of the Father, being the "only begotten" (monogenes, referring to nature, not time; (God, theos [h]en o logos, John 1:1c)) of the Father.

The adopted children inherit in Christ Jesus (and we are "gods" in a different sense (not Deity, but created & purchased/adopted children of the Most High), see John 10:35; Psalms 82:1,6; Genesis 3:5, etc).

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the son of the giraffe is not the father of the giraffe. The son of a man is not his own father.
Correct. Thus the difference between the eternal Heavenly Trio and the false doctrines of trinitarianism and unitarianism.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 48:16-17 (NKJV)
16 "Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; From the time that it was, I was there. And now the Lord GOD and His Spirit Have sent Me." 17 Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God,

Amen Jesus! You are God!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, he's the son of God, and not God
Yes and no.

Jesus (the Son) is not the Person/Being of the Father. Jesus is the Son, yet He is Deity (God), being the mono genes of the monon alethinon theon, which makes him the theos [h]en o logos (Son) who was eternally with ton theon (the Father).

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
Heb 1:11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
Heb 1:12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

The Father says that the Son is indeed "God", even "LORD", not that the Son is the Person/Being of the Father, who is also "God" and "LORD", being a different Person/Being than the other Person/Being.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Actually, "aprioric" (Adjective; apologies for the spelling, it was missing an "r", as I do not always catch those things, and the "a" becomes fused with the remaining word, which happens sometimes, and is appropriate combined or not), a variation of the phrase 'a priori' (that which is before, or presupposed, and commonly used in argumentation or 'debate'). aprioric - Dictionar explicativ al limbii romane (DEX) - Dictio.ro

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0,5&q="aprioric"&btnG=
That explains why it (both aprioic and aprioric) is not in any of the English dictionaries I searched - it's not English, it's Latin! It's better to stick with English, or at least translate the Latin if you must use it!

Status
Not open for further replies.