Prophets

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's one thing to reveal something to someone and another thing to trust that person..

What are you talking about? NEVER TRUST ANY MAN (or woman):

1 Cor. 14:29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others weigh [judge] what is said.

Bobby Jo

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What the hell you talking about? All Donald Trump will ever be is Donald trump and who had a hundred wives and what does that have to do with being a prophet? Didn't the bible say nobody is righteous but y'all keep believing that crap...

I'm afraid we're parting ways. You have a different agenda than what I perceive in Scripture and in History, -- which is to say: past, present, & future.

Good Luck,
Bobby Jo

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
www.jenniferdianeaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you talking about? NEVER TRUST ANY MAN (or woman):

1 Cor. 14:29 Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others weigh [judge] what is said.

Bobby Jo
That's ludicrous...why are you speaking against a noble servant of God and comparing him to Donald Trump. Jesus kingdom is not of this world so if Donald is a prophet like you say what the hell he doing behind a political office? Hmm?

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
www.jenniferdianeaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm afraid we're parting ways. You have a different agenda than what I perceive in Scripture and in History, -- which is say: past, present, & future.

Good Luck,
Bobby Jo
That's good. I'm glad..you are not for God because you just curse David and compared him to an ungodly man
Why you going against God's prophets. There's something wrong for you to insult one of the noblest characters in the Bible... something don't seem right there..cursing the things of God and his people....

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.I don't even know where that word came from..and actually correct me if I'm wrong but I do not see the word " Christian" in the Bible anywhere..I see "Christ" but I don't remember seeing the word Christian anywhere in the Bible. Christian does not mean anything ..just another word..and a label people put on themselves and that's perfectly fine
Remember in another thread when I said you were biblically illiterate? This is another example. A simple concordance search would show you that the word Christian is, in fact, in the Bible.

It is found in Acts 11:26

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What the xxxxxxx you talking about? All Donald Trump will ever be is Donald trump and who had a hundred wives and what does that have to do with being a prophet? Didn't the bible say nobody is righteous but y'all keep believing that crap...and who says Donald Trump would not do worst! Who has Donald Trump zzzzzzzzz?

Why do you insist on cursing? Why are you thinking about impurities? Why do you think this is appropriate?

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you insist on cursing? Why are you thinking about impurities? Why do you think this is appropriate?
Oh c'mon, knock it off. You've listened to the same political candidates we all have, and there aren't many of them that don't throw out some pretty colorful language. What is this, "Shame on Jennifer because she uses some 'naughty' words."? I think she's doing a lot better than just a few days ago.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh c'mon, knock it off. You've listened to the same political candidates we all have, and there aren't many of them that don't throw out some pretty colorful language. What is this, "Shame on Jennifer because she uses some 'naughty' words."? I think she's doing a lot better than just a few days ago.
Willie....I know you are trying to make a point but why defend it? I was very empathetic towards her OP topic but her attacking everyone for their feedback or point of view or their beliefs is simply not of God and He does not condone this amongst the brethren.
Sewing scorn, discord and anger is NOT how you present His Truth....it should be done with a humble spirit and in love. Remembering from whence we ourselves once was.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's been over 2,000 years how many more excuses we need?
You need to expand your territory...there are many out there and if you take time to look you will find churches operating in the 5 fold ministry.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure we aren't supposed to be cherry picking verses...…. we kinda hafta look at the whole thing.
If prophesies have ceased, then we also have to say there is no more knowledge... even if you don't believe in tongues.

I Cor. 13:8 "Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away."

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure we aren't supposed to be cherry picking verses...…. we kinda hafta look at the whole thing.
If prophesies have ceased, then we also have to say there is no more knowledge... even if you don't believe in tongues.

I Cor. 13:8 "Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away."
However, If you take the entire chapter of 1 Corinthians beginning to end.... what Paul is trying to convey is the very core of who He is and what He represents....love. Love supercedes every single gift and operation of them and declares it as the one that will never fail, never cease.
I like how this commentator explains chapter 13
Biblical Studies/New Testament Commentaries/1 Corinthians/Chapter 13 - Wikibooks, open books for an open world

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... If prophesies have ceased, then we also have to say ...

... there are no Prophets, and if no Prophets, then no Apostles, Evangelists, Pastors, and Teachers. They're all gifts to the church for the generations, and if you don't accept ONE, then you shouldn't accept ANY.

Or so it would seem ...
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Willie....I know you are trying to make a point but why defend it? I was very empathetic towards her OP topic but her attacking everyone for their feedback or point of view or their beliefs is simply not of God and He does not condone this amongst the brethren.
Sewing scorn, discord and anger is NOT how you present His Truth....it should be done with a humble spirit and in love. Remembering from whence we ourselves once was.

Very well considered, and very well stated. -- The exact accountability which the body needs to participate in for the perfection of the saints. And if @Jennifer receives the council, we've gained a sister; but if not then we have done our due diligence.

Excellent job H2S!
Bobby Jo

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... there are no Prophets, and if no Prophets, then no Apostles, Evangelists, Pastors, and Teachers. They're all gifts to the church for the generations, and if you don't accept ONE, then you shouldn't accept ALL.

Or so it would seem ...
Bobby Jo
Back in the day when a great prophetic movement swept across the Christian faith there were indeed true men of God who He chose to speak through because the church had become distorted through the many individuals who perpetuated their ideology and interpretation of scripture and it was getting further and further from the Truth...
So through His chosen vessels He corrected the errors they were making and the church began to flourish in Spirit and in Truth....
Then the false prophets began to show up and they would be invited to come and speak to the congregation.....where the church erred in doing this is that they didn't have any true prophets established within their members so there was no one to confirm the message as genuine and from God....after numerous churches and members suffered hardships and consequences for following the instructions of the false prophet most denominations made the decision to declare that all there is needed is the Word of God and all is walking presently are false prophets.
Always remember....God will confirm His Word by 2 or more witnesses....that a prophet is subject to a prophet....(a true prophet instantly recognizes a false one because a true prophet knows how He speaks and that it always lines up with the Word.)
Hence the purpose for the 5 appointments God established in His Church.....you might say they are the checks and balances of the spiritual things of God....and together they keep the deception out of it's congregation.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... a true prophet instantly recognizes a false one because a true prophet knows how He speaks and that it always lines up with the Word.)

Hi H2S,

Exactly correct! -- And there may be "personal prophecies" regarding someone's personal ministry, but for the greater congregation and church in general, we must recognize the difference between Prophets and Teachers. Both can make mistakes so we NEED to JUDGE the Prophets, but so much more the Teachers. :)

It's just too bad that most Christians don't know how to judge. It takes a significant effort to follow any Prophetic Scriptural insight; to do the research to validate or invalidate the premise; to be open to hearing from GOD for any reasoning; and then make a decision. -- It's too hard. I'm better off just allowing the HIRELING to think for me! :)

Bobby Jo

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Knock what off? Holding professing Christians to a higher standard? What kind of argument are you making? What does it matter what politicians do? That's not the standard.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, If you take the entire chapter of 1 Corinthians beginning to end.... what Paul is trying to convey is the very core of who He is and what He represents....love. Love supercedes every single gift and operation of them and declares it as the one that will never fail, never cease.
I like how this commentator explains chapter 13
Biblical Studies/New Testament Commentaries/1 Corinthians/Chapter 13 - Wikibooks, open books for an open world
So, Paul saying God is everlasting love, and will outlast everything, somehow means that Prophesies have ceased?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, Paul saying God is everlasting love, and will outlast everything, somehow means that Prophesies have ceased?

I'm bored. I need some excitement. I need to make an argument, -- not anything that makes sense, I just need to "stir the pot" for the fun of it. I wonder if anyone will "bite".

Bobby Jo

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Knock what off? Holding professing Christians to a higher standard? What kind of argument are you making? What does it matter what politicians do? That's not the standard.
Aren't many of them "professing" Christians?

I would hate to anticipate standing in front of God, planning to tell Him I held the feet of any of His children to the fire over their language just because they had been dunked.

I'm pretty sure none of us are perfect yet, just "being" perfected. And all of us are at different points along the road.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it was Paul who said that prophecies would cease, and they did cease. There was no one in the first two centuries after the apostles who claimed to be a prophet. So the onus is now on you to show us the prophets who came right after the apostles. And if you cannot, then let everyone know that you agree with Paul and myself.

He also said when they would cease, and Jesus hasn't returned yet, so you are wrong on the timing.