Prophets

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What prophecy was it? There are no prophecies left to speak of but only the ones the Lord spoke of in the Bible. So whoever prophesized to you is a liar or spoke on his own accord since the only prophecies will we receive is of the bible and all those prophets are dead except the one to come Elijah/ the order of mechidezek or the two witnesses or whatever...and I am pretty sure you didn't have an encounter with the two witnesses since they have not shown up yet...just because someone tells you something doesn't mean it's true especially if it doesn't come to pass or have anything to do with the plan of God, his word and mankind...God does not just send people to deliver prophetic message out of the blue... especially if there's no real point to it.. because that's what prophets are..men and women who are in the presence and face of God, men and women God annoits for a divine specific work or assignment to deliver a divine message of some sort to people...just like John who gave warning and prepared the way for Jesus...if God sends a prophet, that means something serious is going on and about to happen because prophets are the only one close enough to God to receive a divine message from him personally...it's the only way any prophet can get a message from the Lord by hearing it personally from the Lord himself since everything of the Lord belongs to him and mysteries secrets plans he know he has for this world.. so there's no real prophet on earth unless they got so close to God and spoke to him personally...like Moses and all the prophets of the bible did face to face...I mean how in the heck they would get the prophetic messages? Huh? Y'all might want to read Ezekiel 13 and open your eyes cause there are no prophet on earth anymore but the ones God spoke to and of in the Bible...and like I said just because I say bible don't mean there isn't another one..cause the truth there speak of two only other prophets who are the two and final witnesses to deliver a message from the Lord...and if these two people are on earth somewhere today then you know we are in the days of Noah and elijah for sure and all prophecies are about to break loose which I believe some already are..but are you people so deaf and blind to ignore and overlook what's in front of you where they were partying and drinking and given to marriage and a whole flood overtook and killed them all or are we already there and some of you can't see because you are drowning underneath the lies of these men who make themselves prophets and servants of the Lord and swell your head and suffocate you with thier false divinic lies and visions etc and sure a lot of people become converted but most of them conversion are in vain for them not going to Jesus in the first place but prophetic men lying and decieving them...since when do we go to men but before Jesus and God...don't we receive access to the father through Jesus first? No one become converted without being born again first...and no one becomes born again going to men before the Lord. That just doesn't make sense. It's crazy. Man lies. People lie. The Lord doesn't. But people rather listen to others before thier Lord. I can see one of the reasons why half of this world is divided and misguided because they are listening to prophetic men God never sent and being misinformed by false doctrines and statements, delusions they think the Lord spoke to them and when a truth actually gets heard they reject it...oooook? Have people really become unfamiliar with the familiar or are people just that unfamiliar. Are aliens really walking this earth or just people who has the mind of carnality and no mind or part of Christ at all.) It's one thing to give words of wisdom and advice to someone but it's a whole nother game and ball park to play God and decieve people from the truth...
Still wishing you would speak in English. And maybe use some PERIODS and PARAGRAPHS every now and then.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What prophecy was it? There are no prophecies left to speak of but only the ones the Lord spoke of in the Bible. So whoever prophesized to you is a liar or spoke on his own accord since the only prophecies will we receive is of the bible and all those prophets are dead except the one to come Elijah/ the order of mechidezek or the two witnesses or whatever...and I am pretty sure you didn't have an encounter with the two witnesses since they have not shown up yet...just because someone tells you something doesn't mean it's true especially if it doesn't come to pass or have anything to do with the plan of God, his word and mankind...God does not just send people to deliver prophetic message out of the blue... especially if there's no real point to it.. because that's what prophets are..men and women who are in the presence and face of God, men and women God annoits for a divine specific work or assignment to deliver a divine message of some sort to people...just like John who gave warning and prepared the way for Jesus...if God sends a prophet, that means something serious is going on and about to happen because prophets are the only one close enough to God to receive a divine message from him personally...it's the only way any prophet can get a message from the Lord by hearing it personally from the Lord himself since everything of the Lord belongs to him and mysteries secrets plans he know he has for this world.. so there's no real prophet on earth unless they got so close to God and spoke to him personally...like Moses and all the prophets of the bible did face to face...I mean how in the heck they would get the prophetic messages? Huh? Y'all might want to read Ezekiel 13 and open your eyes cause there are no prophet on earth anymore but the ones God spoke to and of in the Bible...and like I said just because I say bible don't mean there isn't another one..cause the truth there speak of two only other prophets who are the two and final witnesses to deliver a message from the Lord...and if these two people are on earth somewhere today then you know we are in the days of Noah and elijah for sure and all prophecies are about to break loose which I believe some already are..but are you people so deaf and blind to ignore and overlook what's in front of you where they were partying and drinking and given to marriage and a whole flood overtook and killed them all or are we already there and some of you can't see because you are drowning underneath the lies of these men who make themselves prophets and servants of the Lord and swell your head and suffocate you with thier false divinic lies and visions etc and sure a lot of people become converted but most of them conversion are in vain for them not going to Jesus in the first place but prophetic men lying and decieving them...since when do we go to men but before Jesus and God...don't we receive access to the father through Jesus first? No one become converted without being born again first...and no one becomes born again going to men before the Lord. That just doesn't make sense. It's crazy. Man lies. People lie. The Lord doesn't. But people rather listen to others before thier Lord. I can see one of the reasons why half of this world is divided and misguided because they are listening to prophetic men God never sent and being misinformed by false doctrines and statements, delusions they think the Lord spoke to them and when a truth actually gets heard they reject it...oooook? Have people really become unfamiliar with the familiar or are people just that unfamiliar. Are aliens really walking this earth or just people who has the mind of carnality and no mind or part of Christ at all.) It's one thing to give words of wisdom and advice to someone but it's a whole nother game and ball park to play God and decieve people from the truth...
I posted my testimony about my experience....this was my very first time to experience a prophet speak and it was a shock to me how he knew so much about me.
For those who don't believe in prophets today....explain this

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jennifer Some of your comments here contradict your OP and is confusing....

Hi. What makes some people think they can still love God and hate his prophets? Do you think you can still love Jesus yet trample over his servant? Do people think the Lord don't care about his servants and prophets?
It makes me think you are not sincere nor do you adhere to your own OP's statement.
The Bible says a double minded man is unstable in all his ways....so which is it for you?
Do you believe or don't you?

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A little story (true, as far as I know) for whomever it may apply:

By saying less than necessary, you create the appearance of meaning and rationality. Also, the less you say, the less risk you run of saying something foolish, even dangerous. In 1825, a new czar, Nicholas I, ascended the throne of Russia. A rebellion immediately broke out, led by liberals demanding that the country modernize — that its industries and civil structures catch up with the rest of Europe. Brutally crushing this rebellion (the Decembrist Uprising), Nicholas I sentenced one of its leaders, Kondraty Ryleyev, to death.

On the day of the execution Ryleyev stood on the gallows, the noose around his neck. The trapdoor opened — but as Ryleyev dangled, the rope broke, dashing him to the ground. At the time, events like this were considered signs of providence or heavenly will and a man saved from execution this way was usually pardoned. As Ryleyev got to his feet, bruised and dirtied but believing his neck had been saved, he called out to the crowd, "You see, in Russia they don't know how to do anything properly, not even how to make rope."

A messenger immediately went to the Winter Palace with news of the failed hanging. Vexed by this disappointing turnabout, Nicholas I nevertheless began to sign the pardon. But then: "Did Ryleyev say anything after this miracle?" the czar asked the messenger. "Sire," the messenger replied, he said that in Russia they don't even know how to make rope."

"In that case," said the Czar, "let us prove the contrary," and he tore up the pardon. The next day Ryleyev was hanged again. This time the rope did not break.

Learn the lesson: Once the words are out, you cannot take them back. Keep them under control. Be particularly careful with sarcasm: The momentary satisfaction you gain with your biting words will be outweighed by the price you pay.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A little story (true, as far as I know) for whomever it may apply:

By saying less than necessary, you create the appearance of meaning and rationality. Also, the less you say, the less risk you run of saying something foolish, even dangerous. In 1825, a new czar, Nicholas I, ascended the throne of Russia. A rebellion immediately broke out, led by liberals demanding that the country modernize — that its industries and civil structures catch up with the rest of Europe. Brutally crushing this rebellion (the Decembrist Uprising), Nicholas I sentenced one of its leaders, Kondraty Ryleyev, to death.

On the day of the execution Ryleyev stood on the gallows, the noose around his neck. The trapdoor opened — but as Ryleyev dangled, the rope broke, dashing him to the ground. At the time, events like this were considered signs of providence or heavenly will and a man saved from execution this way was usually pardoned. As Ryleyev got to his feet, bruised and dirtied but believing his neck had been saved, he called out to the crowd, "You see, in Russia they don't know how to do anything properly, not even how to make rope."

A messenger immediately went to the Winter Palace with news of the failed hanging. Vexed by this disappointing turnabout, Nicholas I nevertheless began to sign the pardon. But then: "Did Ryleyev say anything after this miracle?" the czar asked the messenger. "Sire," the messenger replied, he said that in Russia they don't even know how to make rope."

"In that case," said the Czar, "let us prove the contrary," and he tore up the pardon. The next day Ryleyev was hanged again. This time the rope did not break.

Learn the lesson: Once the words are out, you cannot take them back. Keep them under control. Be particularly careful with sarcasm: The momentary satisfaction you gain with your biting words will be outweighed by the price you pay.
Moral of the story: Never let the enemy know what you're thinking! Haha!

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
www.jenniferdianeaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It makes me think you are not sincere nor do you adhere to your own OP's statement.
The Bible says a double minded man is unstable in all his ways....so which is it for you?
No it does not because I might know one of the prophets and what they might be going through..that's why I made the OP.

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And what is confusing about my post?

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I posted my testimony about my experience....this was my very first time to experience a prophet speak and it was a shock to me how he knew so much about me.
For those who don't believe in prophets today....explain this
There are no more prophets execpt the ones God reveals to us in the Bible so if anyone gave you prophecy that came to pass or became a spiritual awakening or experience for you..it was probably the Lord himself speaking to you cause like I said there is no prophet on earth except the last two to come...

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No it does not because I might know one the prophets and what they might be going through..that's why I made the OP.
Jennifer, please set your mind at ease. There are no prophets around, not even on CC!

Concern yourself with evangelists, pastors, and teachers, who are preaching the truth and being opposed and rejected. These are getting fewer in number while false teachers and false prophets abound.

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jennifer, please set your mind at ease. There are no prophets around, not even on CC!

Concern yourself with evangelists, pastors, and teachers, who are preaching the truth and being opposed and rejected. These are getting fewer in number while false teachers and false prophets abound.
No but there will be lol sorry you don't believe that though

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Unless, of course, that part of the Covenant has already been satisfied and fulfilled.
Correct. A large part of the Old Covenant was fulfilled and abolished. For those who do not believe this, God has provided Paul's epistle to the Hebrews.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are no more prophets execpt the ones God reveals to us in the Bible so if anyone gave you prophecy that came to pass or became a spiritual awakening or experience for you..it was probably the Lord himself speaking to you cause like I said there is no prophet on earth except the last two to come...
I disagree...you are expressing your beliefs and I am sharing mine. We just don't agree.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Can you prove there no prophets today?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Can you prove there no prophets today?
How do you prove a negative?

Can you prove that there are prophets today, and that their words are equal to Scripture?

Joseph Smith made this claim, but most Christians do not accept it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jennifer

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree...you are expressing your beliefs and I am sharing mine. We just don't agree.
It's true..if anyone spoke to you in a prophetic manner and it came to pass then it was the Lord speaking through that person..the Lord can speak through anyone..it doesn't mean that person is a prophet though..prophets are the ones God speaks to..maybe the Lord was just revealing himself to you and you missed noticing that..he probably still speaks to you and you still don't notice when he does....