Prophets

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aren't many of them "professing" Christians?

I would hate to anticipate standing in front of God, planning to tell Him I held the feet of any of His children to the fire over their language just because they had been dunked.

I'm pretty sure none of us are perfect yet, just "being" perfected. And all of us are at different points along the road.
So we just let open sin go unchecked? How is that biblical.....?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, Paul saying God is everlasting love, and will outlast everything, somehow means that Prophesies have ceased?
Read the commentary....I only shared a tidbit...if you have time.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He also said when they would cease, and Jesus hasn't returned yet, so you are wrong on the timing.
No, that was not what he said. He said that when that (not who) which was incomplete was complete, they would cease. The proof is in the FACT that there were no prophets reported after AD 100 by the early Christians writers.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, Paul saying God is everlasting love, and will outlast everything, somehow means that Prophesies have ceased?
Willie....I am very much aware of your knowledge of the scriptures and I know you are simply baiting me with this type of question.
Let me ask you this....if you were Paul addressing a congregation of young and immature Christians who were arguing amongst each other about whose calling or gift was more important than the other....how would you express it in an analogy that they could comprehend....as simple as possible...right? That's what Paul did....He was correcting them in their ignorance of what is the greatest gift....love.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He also said when they would cease, and Jesus hasn't returned yet, so you are wrong on the timing.

Actually, it appears to me that we will continue to use the gifts of the church until we are face to face with GOD in the New Jerusalem:

1 Cor. 13:8 Love never ends; as for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For our knowledge is imperfect and our prophecy is imperfect; 10 but when the perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall understand fully, even as I have been fully understood.

Or so it seems,
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that was not what he said. He said that when that (not who) which was incomplete was complete, they would cease. The proof is in the FACT that there were no prophets reported after AD 100 by the early Christians writers.

Very GOOD! -- Because the BIBLE hasn't been updated since 100AD. What a coincidence.

Don't you just laugh when people post false arguments?!?
Bobby Jo

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Willie....I am very much aware of your knowledge of the scriptures and I know you are simply baiting me with this type of question.
Let me ask you this....if you were Paul addressing a congregation of young and immature Christians who were arguing amongst each other about whose calling or gift was more important than the other....how would you express it in an analogy that they could comprehend....as simple as possible...right? That's what Paul did....He was correcting them in their ignorance of what is the greatest gift....love.
Ok, I can be content with that.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, though I do occasionally enjoy some "baiting" fun, that wasn't what I was doing there. I was pointing out that we really don't know what gifts, if any, may or may not have ceased. I was once stone-cold, dead-set against "healings", UNTIL...….. God actually used me to effect a half dozen immediate healings in less than ten minute's time. I had to swallow a lot of my prideful scoffing that day.

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
www.jenniferdianeaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's kinda odd people always knock down knowledge and choose love over it and while it's true love is important ..sometimes people need to hear the truth too ..knowledge or not ..I won't sugarcoat anything..I'll be just blunt about it..i don't understand that...anyway I was not trying to be loving..I was just telling it like it is...lol..... something weird going on in here though

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, though I do occasionally enjoy some "baiting" fun, that wasn't what I was doing there. I was pointing out that we really don't know what gifts, if any, may or may not have ceased. I was once stone-cold, dead-set against "healings", UNTIL...….. God actually used me to effect a half dozen immediate healings in less than ten minute's time. I had to swallow a lot of my prideful scoffing that day.
Actually everything will cease but the Lord's words...like I said before the bible says whoever adds or take away from the book will have the same effect on them...and that whoever keeps the whole prophecy of the book will be blessed etc..

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back in the day when a great prophetic movement swept across the Christian faith there were indeed true men of God who He chose to speak through because the church had become distorted through the many individuals who perpetuated their ideology and interpretation of scripture and it was getting further and further from the Truth...
So through His chosen vessels He corrected the errors they were making and the church began to flourish in Spirit and in Truth....
Then the false prophets began to show up and they would be invited to come and speak to the congregation.....where the church erred in doing this is that they didn't have any true prophets established within their members so there was no one to confirm the message as genuine and from God....after numerous churches and members suffered hardships and consequences for following the instructions of the false prophet most denominations made the decision to declare that all there is needed is the Word of God and all is walking presently are false prophets.
Always remember....God will confirm His Word by 2 or more witnesses....that a prophet is subject to a prophet....(a true prophet instantly recognizes a false one because a true prophet knows how He speaks and that it always lines up with the Word.)
Hence the purpose for the 5 appointments God established in His Church.....you might say they are the checks and balances of the spiritual things of God....and together they keep the deception out of it's congregation.
Right and Donald Trump is that person lol he might as well be God if that's the case. If you haven't notice the man is already in power but it's most definitely not him being a prophet sent from God, it's because half of the American people voted for him you dimwit. Lol what? He has 4 or 8 years in office then next thing you know we have the next shmuck voted to have thier seat in the white house to screw up the country from them behind the political office...if the Lord did send a prophet there, it would to be to correct those exercising such power becoming dictators of others and true enemies of God.. .so don't give me that crap..it ain't nobody the democracy world being uncrooked... schemes fall somewhere in place..lol

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually everything will cease but the Lord's words...like I said before the bible says whoever adds or take away from the book will have the same effect on them...and that whoever keeps the whole prophecy of the book will be blessed etc..
"Will" one day cease is not the same thing as "has" already ceased.

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Will" one day cease is not the same thing as "has" already ceased.
Yeah but why is this important now? Why is this even relevant in this thread? Nobody was talking about that..I was talking about Donald Trump..and if the two witnesses are to be prophets, then nothing has ceased yet until they actually cause things to cease...I gotta go..I'm tired