propitiation by His blood, through faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will quote from the King James Bible for clarity:

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood...to make reconciliation (propitiation) for the sins of the people...And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world...Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

There are many Christians who have not fully grasped the significance of this term -- propitiation -- and therefore continue to believe that they can contribute something to their salvation.

But throughout Scripture God is telling us that it is the Lord Jesus Christ -- the Lamb of God -- who made full atonement for our sins and presented a SATISFACTORY SACRIFICE to God when He died on the Cross. That sacrifice, and particularly that blood which He shed, was the full payment for the sins of the whole world.

"Through faith in His blood" is what God requires of every sinner and every saint. It is the blood of Jesus Christ which (1) initially cleanses us from all our sins and guilt and (2) keeps on cleansing us as we confess and repent of our present sins.

LOL, If you look at my OP you will see that all the scriptures were from the NKJV (New King James Version)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So Jesus paid for all sin except the sin of unbelief when it comes to God?

Do you believe that God's grace is sufficient to make you able to walk as Jesus walked....without any spot of sin in either thought or deed?

Do you believe you can walk in Zion in the presence of God so that you are living in 2 dimensions at once....just as Jesus walked?

Reactions: faithfulness
D

Dave L

Do you believe that God's grace is sufficient to make you able to walk as Jesus walked....without any spot of sin in either thought or deed?

Do you believe you can walk in Zion in the presence of God so that you are living in 2 dimensions at once....just as Jesus walked?
So Jesus didn't die for the sin of unbelief?

D

Dave L

Because of """unbelief""". If a person does not belief Jesus has paid for his/her sins then they are just as Eve in the garden. They do not believe what God has said about His Son and therefore are in a state of unbelief.

Answer the questions....and we will see what unbelief is...or is not.

= the claim that Jesus died for all sins but the sin of unbelief.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Jesus paid for all sin except the sin of unbelief when it comes to God?

I see that you are going to try and get there anyway.

Heb 4:1-10
4 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
3 For we who have """"believed""" do enter that rest, as He has said: "So I swore in My wrath, 'They shall not enter My rest,'" although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4 For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: "And God rested on the seventh day from all His works";
5 and again in this place: "They shall not enter My rest."
6 Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience,
7 again He designates a certain day, saying in David, "Today," after such a long time, as it has been said: "Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts."
8 For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day.
9 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.
NKJV

In verse 3 we see that only those that believed enter God's rest. It does not say believed AND adding other things.

Heb 10:26-29
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

What is the willful sin spoken of in verse 26? The religious will say any sins of the flesh but what it is saying is that if a person does not accept Jesus as their savior then they no longer have a sacrifice for their sins. Jesus is God's truth.

27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.
28 Anyone who has rejected Moses' law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, """""counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified""" a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
NKJV

Reactions: Nancy
D

Dave L

I see that you are going to try and get there anyway.

Heb 4:1-10
4 Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
3 For we who have """"believed""" do enter that rest, as He has said: "So I swore in My wrath, 'They shall not enter My rest,'" although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4 For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: "And God rested on the seventh day from all His works";
5 and again in this place: "They shall not enter My rest."
6 Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience,
7 again He designates a certain day, saying in David, "Today," after such a long time, as it has been said: "Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts."
8 For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day.
9 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.
10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.
NKJV

In verse 3 we see that only those that believed enter God's rest. It does not say believed AND adding other things.

Heb 10:26-29
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

What is the willful sin spoken of in verse 26? The religious will say any sins of the flesh but what it is saying is that if a person does not accept Jesus as their savior then they no longer have a sacrifice for their sins. Jesus is God's truth.

27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.
28 Anyone who has rejected Moses' law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, """""counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified""" a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
NKJV
So, Jesus died for all of our sins on the cross except the sin of unbelief, and sins of disobedience too? What sins did he die for?

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has written in the scriptures that Jesus paid for all the sins of mankind on the cross.

In simple language that means ALL. It means that all mankind has a pardon paid for by God's Son, Jesus Christ, on the cross.

However, only those that believe God will trust in that pardon. Sad to say that most men/women will not believe it and by doing so lose their pardon. Those that do not believe in God's pardon do not believe God and therefore do not have a sacrifice that pays for their sins of the flesh.

Look at it from God's point of view. To reject what God (Jesus) did on the cross as a means of salvation is a slap in God's face and will result in eternal damnation.

D

Dave L

God has written in the scriptures that Jesus paid for all the sins of mankind on the cross.

In simple language that means ALL. It means that all mankind has a pardon paid for by God's Son, Jesus Christ, on the cross.

However, only those that believe God will trust in that pardon. Sad to say that most men/women will not believe it and by doing so lose their pardon. Those that do not believe in God's pardon do not believe God and therefore do not have a sacrifice that pays for their sins of the flesh.

Look at it from God's point of view. To reject what God (Jesus) did on the cross as a means of salvation is a slap in God's face and will result in eternal damnation.
Jesus told the pharisees he did not die for them. And that is why they did not believe.

“I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.” (John 10:11)

“But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.” (John 10:26)

“Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.” (Acts 20:28)

The solution is in the fact Jesus died only for the elect throughout the world. Paying for all their sins.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
if you aren't singing "only believe" and "when we all get to heaven" HR cannot even hear you i guess

let him keep preaching to the Scripturally ignorant and other suckers imo,
maybe he thinks he's fooling someone in his repeated ignoring of the parts of the Bible he doesn't like, who knows

Reactions: Dave L

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No believers in the kingdom, bbyrd009. I'm a believer. So I won't be in the kingdom then?
if you aren't in it now, why would you be "then" ViJ? But i don't see you denying the judgement of works that HR will not even acknowledge,
you might state how you believe that you will escape the judgement that "all" will face, you have an out for that too right, you are not in that "all" as far as you are concerned, isn't this correct?

10For we must all appear before the tribunal of Christ, so that each may be repaid for what he has done in the body, whether good or worthless.
and let's be honest we have gone over this at length already, faith is an action verb to you and it is not to him, he knows he is kidding himself already. There are 100 important passages that he will not even acknowledge, just give it a try and see.

Scripture makes very plain that "believers" are those on the fence, the do-nothings, and they will not be in the kingdom, now or ever. One might even ask what this "believing" is supposed to gain anyone, ask that and see what the reply is, it will be whacked too.

Y'all can do it in peace bc i am leaving, i have already been to HRs pretend conversations

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, Jesus died for all of our sins on the cross except the sin of unbelief, and sins of disobedience too? What sins did he die for?

Still at it aren't you. Disobedience is not taking God at His word. It is the same as not believing God.

Now the religious will try to make it disobedient to the Law of Moses but that was BEFORE Jesus paid for all the sins of the flesh. According to Paul's gospel that was given to him by Jesus WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE LAW OF MOSES. The only sin, if you call it a sin, is to NOT place your believe, faith, trust in what Jesus did on the cross.

You asked, What sins did Jesus pay for. Did you not read the O.P.?
1 John 2:1-2
2 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.
NKJV

1 John 4:9-11
9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
NKJV

D

Dave L

Still at it aren't you. Disobedience is not taking God at His word. It is the same as not believing God.

Now the religious will try to make it disobedient to the Law of Moses but that was BEFORE Jesus paid for all the sins of the flesh. According to Paul's gospel that was given to him by Jesus WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE LAW OF MOSES. The only sin, if you call it a sin, is to NOT place your believe, faith, trust in what Jesus did on the cross.

You asked, What sins did Jesus pay for. Did you not read the O.P.?
1 John 2:1-2
2 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.
NKJV

1 John 4:9-11
9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
NKJV
You are basing salvation on people not doing all the sins you claim Jesus didn't pay for on the cross = salvation by self-righteousness and not of grace.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there ya go HR, 4 posts you can talk around, and after that we got about half of the Bible you'll be needing to avoid, as usual, right

you might state how you believe that you will escape the judgement that "all" will face, you have an out for that too right, you are not in that "all" as far as you are concerned, isn't this correct?

10For we must all appear before the tribunal of Christ, so that each may be repaid for what he has done in the body, whether good or worthless.

Normally I don't reply to but I will make this an exception.

According to Paul's gospel we who believe are made children of God by the Holy Spirit and are no longer subject to God's wrath. The only judgment we will face is for rewards. Not given because we keep the law but for any and all that we helped to give the message of God's grace.

Rom 8:15-17
15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out,"Abba, Father."
16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
17 and if children, then heirs — heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.
NKJV

Rom 8:21
21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
NKJV

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you aren't in it now, why would you be "then" ViJ? But i don't see you denying the judgement of works that HR will not even acknowledge,
and let's be honest we have gone over this at length already, faith is an action verb to you and it is not to him, he knows he is kidding himself already. There are 100 important passages that he will not even acknowledge, just give it a try and see.

Yes. It is and the action is love and mercy. Those performing religious acts in the flesh claim those "spiritual" are deceived and condemned because they are not religious. Those performing acts of spirituality and love and mercy claim those of "flesh" are deceived and condemned because they are not spiritual. If both are claiming to be doers of the word but condemn the other...which is a doer? Who is demonstrating mercy? … because it looks a lot like politics with the left and the right (fighting) over who is not the hater?

Proverbs 31:30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman(the Church) that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are basing salvation on people not doing all the sins you claim Jesus didn't pay for on the cross = salvation by self-righteousness and not of grace.

It is a mystery as to how you came up with these remarks. I never said anything as you have said in this reply.

My whole postings have been that Jesus's shed blood has paid for all the sins of the world. That is not just me saying it the scriptures also say it.

However if you DON'T think Jesus paid for your sins then they are not paid for because of unbelief.