Protestantism is a sin....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is no requirement for the apostles to be Jews, some were but that no requirement
All the Apostles and Prophets were Jews, not some. It was God’s choosing, through His covenant with Abraham.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have all sinned.

From lying to our parents, and blaming others in which we took no responsibility for our own actions. Do not believe me? Go take a look at Adam and Eve.

Thank God though Jesus Christ came, and paid for sin for all mankind. Which God through Christ reconciled the world back unto himself.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have only the authority Christ conferred upon them, but they are not omnipotent.

never sad they were
There also not impeccable

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You apply sin as the scribes and Pharisees did. Yet God schooled them on sin. Sin as defined by God himself was not having trust in Christ. When he said he would reprove the world on sin. The apostle wrote that we were all under sin when they said God looked upon man and seen none were righteous no not one. With God’s reprove we come to no the sin.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You apply sin as the scribes and Pharisees did. Yet God schooled them on sin. Sin as defined by God himself was not having trust in Christ. When he said he would reprove the world on sin. The apostle wrote that we were all under sin when they said God looked upon man and seen none were righteous no not one. With God’s reprove we come to no the sin.

explain these verses in light of “faith alone”

explain Jn 15:1
Or matt 24:13
Or 1 cor 13:1
Or 1 cor 13:13
Or Phil 1:29
Or rev 2:2
Or rom 13:11

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
explain these verses in light of “faith alone”

explain Jn 15:1
Or matt 24:13
Or 1 cor 13:1
Or 1 cor 13:13
Or Phil 1:29
Or rev 2:2
Or rom 13:11
Give me some time and I will. But let’s be true their are sins of the flesh and sin that condemn. I was referring to the sin that condemns.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one body of Christ and one new covenant one church founded by Christ on Peter matt 16:18

Almost got it right. The church is not founded on Peter. The church is founded on Peter's Confession, that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, the Savior of the World, the long awaited Messiah, God's Anointed.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Besides Timothy and Titus, who were the successors? Are not the successors to continue in the doctrine that was once delivered to the saints? Jude 3

and
Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;Ephesians 2:19 (KJV)
And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; Ephesians 2:20 (KJV)

I'm just not impressed by those who claim the authority of Christ but act like devils.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Almost got it right. The church is not founded on Peter. The church is founded on Peter's Confession, that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, the Savior of the World, the long awaited Messiah, God's Anointed.

Matthew 5:14-16
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Mt 16:18 Peter received the keys of the kingdom: (jurisdictional authority of the universal church) and the power to bind and loose:

Lk 22:32
Jesus prays for Peter:
Matt 17:27 Jesus and peter are one

Jn 21:17
Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:

Isa 2221-22 prime minister called father!
Holding the keys of the kingdom under the king Lk 1:32-33 in the line of david!
Matt 16:18

Christ founded the church on Peter!
And the apostles!
Matt 16:18 eph 2:20 Jn 20:21-23

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

You CANNOT give the keys (jurisdictional authority) to a confession but to a person! Peter
Vs 19 I give unto thee (Peter) thou shalt bind (Peter) thou shalt loose (Peter)

Only the one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors and those members of Christ by faith and baptism United with them, the communion of the saints
Jn 16:10 matt 16:18 18:18 Jn 20:21-23
Jn 10:16

Ephesians 5:32
This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

The office of apostle that has the three fold office, to teach: to govern the church: and to sanctify by the sacraments or sacred oaths (promises) of the father! Acts 2:38-39 with ez 36:25-27 Heb 8:6

Teaching authority of Peter and the apostles and their successors!

Acts 2:42 doctrine of the apostles

1 Peter 3:2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

Jude 1: 17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

The holy church does not usurp Christ’s authority, the holy church establishes it throughout the whole world, and thru all time!

The holy apostles do not usurp Christ’s kingdom, the apostles administer the kingdom for Christ who ascended to heaven!

Ephesians 3:21
Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Ephesians 5:24
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ...

Christ and His church are one, what Christ did the church continues to do, the church is an extension of Christ!
To attack the church is to attack Christ!
Acts 9:4

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

2 Tim 3: 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Besides Timothy and Titus, who were the successors? Are not the successors to continue in the doctrine that was once delivered to the saints? Jude 3

and
Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;Ephesians 2:19 (KJV)
And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; Ephesians 2:20 (KJV)

I'm just not impressed by those who claim the authority of Christ but act like devils.

Mattias acts 1
All the valid bishops for over 2000 yrs and through out the world in union with peter and His successors all united to Christ and his authority

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mattias acts 1
All the valid bishops for over 2000 yrs and through out the world in union with peter and His successors all united to Christ and his authority
What good is it to have so called 'Apostolic Succession' when the successors do not contend for, or even abide in, the doctrine (faith) that was once delivered to the saints (us)?

Jude 3 (KJV) Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What good is it to have so called 'Apostolic Succession' when the successors do not contend for, or even abide in, the doctrine (faith) that was once delivered to the saints (us)?

Jude 3 (KJV) Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
They do and eph 4:5 one Lord one (Catholic) faith and one baptism

what doctrine are you referring to? Mother of God Lk 1:49
Mother of our salvation Lk 1:30 2:30
Perpetual Virgin birth Isa 7:14

what?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are only recognizing Apostles from your denomination.
There are no others
And only Christ has authority to make apostles and the apostles to continue to choose new apostles so who chose these other apostles? who sent them?
Apostles means sent, must be sent by the authority of the apostles not self-appointed jimmy swaggards tv evangelicals like the fake billy graham who was a Freemason false messiah