Protestantism is a sin....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those teachings of the Catholic Church are not teachings of the apostles. I hold to the Bible, but reject the extra-Biblical teachings of the RCC.

Where is either found in the Bible alone?
Not acts 2:42

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then what is? According to scripture pease?

Why should I give you scripture when you cannot provide scripture that calls the RCC "the church?" The church spoken of in scripture are those who are born again. Members of the church can be found in all types of churches, be they Independent, Baptist, Pentecostal, Methodist, Presbyterian, Wesleyan, etc.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is one thing I will say about baptism. While we know it is possible to be saved without having been baptized, because of the repentant thief on the cross, one could argue that to refuse to be baptized after getting saved would be a sin. As I said before, we are told to be baptized and we should do that, but I also want to remind everyone that to be baptized is to be completely under water, not sprinkled. You also need to understand what you are doing. There is no need to baptize a baby.
Yes indeed . For a lamb is a hearer and a doer . Yes indeed .
Most folks here already know what i am about to say next . LET THE GLORIOUS LORD BE PRAISED .
When a chief of sinners is forgiven of much , that chief gonna raise those hands THANKING THE LORD .
And i was truly one of the worst . Called by God , drawn by GOD to saving FAITH IN CHRIST wherein i am kept in that grace .
IT WAS ALL A GIFT FROM GOD . SO let all that draws air , leap up and praise the glorious Lord .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The repentant thief on the cross was not baptized, but Jesus said that he would be in paradise with him that day.

baptism was not required till the death of the savior

1. Hebrews 9:15
    And for this cause he is the mediator of thenew testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
  2. Hebrews 9:16
    For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep . FAITH IN JESUS SAVES . And every true lamb will also get baptized , for the SPIRIT would bid them to do so .
But as we just saw , in your example , ITS FAITH IN JESUS THAT SAVES . So on that note , I say its TIME TO PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD .

faith alone without charity avails nothing
1 cor 13:2

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is either found in the Bible alone?
Not acts 2:42
I will tell you what. Write up a list of questions that you think I cannot answer from the Bible and number them. I will pull out the Bible and my Concordance and answer them. I am not sure specifically what you are asking about, but you have admitted that much of the doctrine and practices of the RCC are not found in scripture. What specifically are you wanting scripture for?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is one thing I will say about baptism. While we know it is possible to be saved without having been baptized, because of the repentant thief on the cross, one could argue that to refuse to be baptized after getting saved would be a sin. As I said before, we are told to be baptized and we should do that, but I also want to remind everyone that to be baptized is to be completely under water, not sprinkled. You also need to understand what you are doing. There is no need to baptize a baby.

not according to scripture

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
baptism was not required till the death of the savior

1. Hebrews 9:15
    And for this cause he is the mediator of thenew testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
  2. Hebrews 9:16
    For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
The Bible does not say baptism was not necessary before Jesus died. John the Baptist was baptizing people before Jesus died.

Reactions: Marvelloustime

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why should I give you scripture when you cannot provide scripture that calls the RCC "the church?" The church spoken of in scripture are those who are born again. Members of the church can be found in all types of churches, be they Independent, Baptist, Pentecostal, Methodist, Presbyterian, Wesleyan, etc.

you will find none of those in scripture only one true church Jn 10:16

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Major covenants!

God initiated each covenant and the mediator always remains on earth mediating the covenant except for Christ who made Peter His personal representative and vicar! (Matt 16:18)

Adam
(Marriage covenant)

Noah
(Family covenant)

Abraham
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

New and eternal covenant founded by Jesus Christ! Matt 16:18

Universal (Catholic)
World universal

Lk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. ( catholic universal)

Lk 2:31 prepared before the face of all (catholic) people

Jn 1:29 lamb of God who takes way the sins of the world

Jn 3:16 for God so loved the world

1 Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Lk 2: 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. (All people universal)

1 Tim 2:5 one mediator

Jn 10:16 One new covenant church

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will tell you what. Write up a list of questions that you think I cannot answer from the Bible and number them. I will pull out the Bible and my Concordance and answer them. I am not sure specifically what you are asking about, but you have admitted that much of the doctrine and practices of the RCC are not found in scripture. What specifically are you wanting scripture for?

anything you believe?
Any of your 5 Protestant dogmas?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Examples please?
Where is the doctrine of the (Bible alone)
in scripture?
Its written on amigos heart . STAY IN that BIBLE and test all men against those words .
For many , and i do mean many , deceivers are all over the place . stretched from one end to the other end of even christendom .
Come ye out from amongst them . BE YE HOLY for the LORD GOD IS HOLY .
Beware of those who love to wear broad clothing , to be seen of men .
Yet the RCC overdecks themselves in some of the most fancy decked out embroired clothes .
It takes the precepts of men and turns them into the commands of God . When in truth so many of their added precepts
contradict the very teachings of JESUS HIMSELF as well as the apostels , as well as GOD .
We need to be in those scriptures . TESTING ALL MEN who do speak against them . NOT adding to and making our own religion
the protestant realm is every bit as guilty in many places of this very thing themselves .
But the RCC , she stands above them all . And now through more false doctrine of a gosple so damnable
to as deny having to confess JESUS as LORD , they bring the religions right in as well .
FOLLOW that ............NEVER . I had rather die first . JESUS is who the lambs shall follow and our bible we shall read .

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Major covenants!

God initiated each covenant and the mediator always remains on earth mediating the covenant except for Christ who made Peter His personal representative and vicar! (Matt 16:18)

Adam
(Marriage covenant)

Noah
(Family covenant)

Abraham
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

New and eternal covenant founded by Jesus Christ! Matt 16:18

Universal (Catholic)
World universal

Lk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. ( catholic universal)

Lk 2:31 prepared before the face of all (catholic) people

Jn 1:29 lamb of God who takes way the sins of the world

Jn 3:16 for God so loved the world

1 Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Lk 2: 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. (All people universal)

1 Tim 2:5 one mediator

Jn 10:16 One new covenant church
Nothing you posted says God made the Catholic Church the one true church. When Jesus said "upon this rock, I will build my church," he was speaking of Peter's confession, not Peter himself. The confession was that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. Jesus was not starting a church with Peter as a Pope.

Reactions: amigo de christo

busrider

Aug 5, 2021
So Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry but the true cannot be in error and does not apologize for anything
It is a kingdom with a king Jesus Christ

don’t accept anything done by the apostate modernists after 1958 especially the so called catechism
Try finding that in the catechism of the council of Trent

Oh so your a Protestant too, by your own words. So you are in grievous sin also just as you accuse others here. See a true Catholic accepts what the Church teaches whether they accept, understand it or not. Since you do not accept the Church as she stands you are a Protestant just like most on here and your own original post applies to you as well. You can't have it both ways like you want saying your Catholic yet denying the Church teaching. You want to be a true Catholic for good or ill you must accept the whole Church not just choose what to accept.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thee faith is trying to bait you into the protestant line of defense . JUST STAY with the scriptures .
Keep pointing to JESUS .
I am not sure what the Protestant line of defense is. I did offer to answer questions using scripture if he will post the specific questions and number them. That is the only way I can be sure what he wants to know. I am happy to answer questions using the Bible only, but the way he is saying things, I never know exactly what he is asking.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure what the Protestant line of defense is. I did offer to answer questions using scripture if he will post the specific questions and number them. That is the only way I can be sure what he wants to know. I am happy to answer questions using the Bible only, but the way he is saying things, I never know exactly what he is asking.
Yep . just continue on my friend . Let the Lord be praised .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

none are in the new covenant founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles
All are man made sects