Protestantism is a sin....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing you posted says God made the Catholic Church the one true church. When Jesus said "upon this rock, I will build my church," he was speaking of Peter's confession, not Peter himself. The confession was that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. Jesus was not starting a church with Peter as a Pope.
They mess this up . Not only that but JESUS says twice , i give you the keys . He said it to peter and them
then later says it again . They teach that peter alone held the keys and that THE RCC CHURCH HOLDS the KEYS .
They might hold keys , but it aint THE KEYS . I truly do pray for that man . But very deep rooted that man is within the system my friend .
But , God opened my eyes , so i will pray GOD opens the eyes of thee faith . Before its TOO LATE .

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
none are in the new covenant founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles
All are man made sects
The church was not founded on Peter either, but on his confession that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and Jesus never made Peter a Pope.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Four Marks of the True Church founded by Jesus Christ on Peter, the apostles, and their successors!

One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church!

The church is One:

Isaiah 9:7
Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Dan 2:44
And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Lk 1:32-33 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Mt 16:18
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

John 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

John 17:17-23
that they may be one as we are one.

Romans 12:5
so we, who are many, are one body in Christ.

Rom 15:6

1 Corinthians 1:10
I appeal to you... that there be no dissensions among you, but that
you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.

1 Corinthians 12:12
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:13
by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body.

1 Corinthians 12:20
But now are they many members, yet but one body.

Eph 1:10
That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Ephesians 4:4
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were
called in the one body.

Philippians 1:27
Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

Philippians 2:2
be of same the mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of
one mind.

The church is Holy:

The church is Holy because Her founder is God, and Holy is His name.

She is the spotless bride of Christ.

1 Timothy 3:15
know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth.

Colossians 1:18
And he [Jesus] is the head of the body, the church.

1 Peter 2:9-10
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people
belonging to God... Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God.

Ephesians 2:19-22
Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God’s people and members of God’s household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church is Catholic: (universal)

Jn 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jn 3:17
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Jn 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Matt 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Matt 13:38
The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

Matt 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Matt 28:18-20
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.

Mark 16:15-16
And he said to them, Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Jn 1:9
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Jn 4:42
And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Jn 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

Jn 6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

Jn 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Jn 10:36
Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world...

Jn 12:47

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world

Jn 16:12-13
I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them
now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

2 cor 5:18
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us (the whole world) to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

World = Universal = Catholic

The church is Apostolic:

Matthew 16:18-10
And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Luke 22:28-30
You [the apostles] are those who have continued with me in my trials; and I assign to you, as my Father assigned to me, a kingdom, that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

John 15:16
You [the apostles] did not choose me, but I [Jesus] chose you and appointed
you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide...

Matthew 28:16,18-20
Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee... And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore
and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age.

John 20:21-23
Jesus said to them [the apostles] again, Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.

Ephesians 2:19-20
... but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone.

Acts 1:
Matthias replaces Judas who had the ministry of apostle.

Heb 3:11 Acts 1:
Jesus is an apostle, the apostles are already in succession to Him, they in turn would have successors.

Acts 15:22
Acts 16:4
——————

Apostolic Succession pre-figured in the successors of Moses!

Mosaic covenant pre-figures apostolic succession with the successors of Moses, sitting in the chair (Greek cathedral) of Moses and Jesus Christ requires obedience of them.
(Mt 23) they had the keys of the kingdom and power to bind and loose!
This power and authority are given to Peter and the apostles and their successors in matt 16:18 and Matt 28:19 the great commission cannot be accomplished by the apostles alone, hence the need for their successors to continue to teach all nations, and baptize the disciples! Jn 4:1 Jesus requires obedience to Peter, the apostles and their successors who have the keys and the power to bind and loose!

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They mess this up . Not only that but JESUS says twice , i give you the keys . He said it to peter and them
then later says it again . They teach that peter alone held the keys and that THE RCC CHURCH HOLDS the KEYS .
They might hold keys , but it aint THE KEYS . I truly do pray for that man . But very deep rooted that man is within the system my friend .
But , God opened my eyes , so i will pray GOD opens the eyes of thee faith . Before its TOO LATE .

I pray that he will become a true, born again Christian. Then he will be in the same church we are, the church that Jesus Christ founded, regardless of what church he attends.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
none are in the new covenant founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles
All are man made sects
SO is the RCC . This is not what your seeing . It contradicts the one true early church . THOUGH it claims peter as its pope .
Rather odd that when they took matters up to the real apostels , IT SEEMED LIKE THEY WERE ALL EQUALS .
PETER wasnt leading them , nor they HE . THEY were as one . THEIR was no pope . JESUS had
said , LET HE who is GREAT AMONG YOU be as a child , be lowly , be humble .
YET pope after pope has sat in a fancy chair , having men kiss their rings and
bow before them . THIS is an abomination . I am not being mean my friend . BUT i am looking out for you .
THIS was not the CHURCH . IT CLIAMED IT WAS . IT came to POWER by a lie to get the people under ITS RULE . and it worked too .
OH the protestants do it too . WE need to break out from amongst them , and just learn CHRIST and gather with like minded lambs .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible does not say baptism was not necessary before Jesus died. John the Baptist was baptizing people before Jesus died.

not with the Christian ritual or sacrament of baptism, only a baptism of repentance to prepare the people for Christ and his church and his sacraments

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One true church is not a denomination. It is the born again believers around the globe. We make up the one true church.

no not a spiritual invisible only church but also visible and physical cos it is the body of Christ

Matthew 5:14-16
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

busrider

Aug 5, 2021
So Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not sure what the Protestant line of defense is. I did offer to answer questions using scripture if he will post the specific questions and number them. That is the only way I can be sure what he wants to know. I am happy to answer questions using the Bible only, but the way he is saying things, I never know exactly what he is asking.

I think English may be his second language, that may be why it is not easy to understand what he is asking.

I surmise since he is also a Protestant, he is most likely a sedevacantist (means he does not believe in the Catholic Church but his own idea of the Catholic Church see more here: Sedevacantism - Wikipedia) he may not be able to give a clear answer or any objections to Protestantism

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Theefaith, we believe there is one true church. That is what you do not understand. The problem is, we know that this church is not the Catholic Church or any denomination. It is those who belong to Christ, no matter what church they attend, and many members of the Lord's church do not have a home church. I am in the same church as Amigo De Christo, and we live in different states. We are part of the same church by new birth.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no not a spiritual invisible only church but also visible and physical cos it is the body of Christ

Matthew 5:14-16
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
It is visible as we are salt and light in this world.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its written on amigos heart . STAY IN that BIBLE and test all men against those words .
For many , and i do mean many , deceivers are all over the place . stretched from one end to the other end of even christendom .
Come ye out from amongst them . BE YE HOLY for the LORD GOD IS HOLY .
Beware of those who love to wear broad clothing , to be seen of men .
Yet the RCC overdecks themselves in some of the most fancy decked out embroired clothes .
It takes the precepts of men and turns them into the commands of God . When in truth so many of their added precepts
contradict the very teachings of JESUS HIMSELF as well as the apostels , as well as GOD .
We need to be in those scriptures . TESTING ALL MEN who do speak against them . NOT adding to and making our own religion
the protestant realm is every bit as guilty in many places of this very thing themselves .
But the RCC , she stands above them all . And now through more false doctrine of a gosple so damnable
to as deny having to confess JESUS as LORD , they bring the religions right in as well .
FOLLOW that ............NEVER . I had rather die first . JESUS is who the lambs shall follow and our bible we shall read .
The real false gospel and religious system is the Protestants and their 5 dogmas

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think English may be his second language, that may be why it is not easy to understand what he is asking.

I surmise since he is also a Protestant, he is most likely a sedevacantist (means he does not believe in the Catholic Church but his own idea of the Catholic Church see more here: Sedevacantism - Wikipedia) he may not be able to give a clear answer or any objections to Protestantism

You may be right. Thank you for clearing that up.

Reactions: busrider

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing you posted says God made the Catholic Church the one true church. When Jesus said "upon this rock, I will build my church," he was speaking of Peter's confession, not Peter himself. The confession was that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. Jesus was not starting a church with Peter as a Pope.
isa 22:21-22
Matt 16:17-19

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

You can’t give the keys or authority or power to a confession!

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Christ and His church are one. Acts 9:4 we must be taught by the holy church by the apostles! Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Lk 24:27 Acts 2:42 Acts 8, eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 thee faith not read scripture and make you’re own faith!

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

God always establishes order in obedience to hierarchical authority of fathers! Heb 13:17

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The real false gospel and religious system is the Protestants and their 5 dogmas

I would not know, as I do not consider myself Protestant or Catholic. I am a born again Christian. I am not protesting anything. I never was. I hold to the Bible alone, and seek to establish a church based on scripture alone. I am not aware of 5 dogmas of Protestants.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
isa 22:21-22
Matt 16:17-19

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

You can’t give the keys or authority or power to a confession!

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Christ and His church are one. Acts 9:4 we must be taught by the holy church by the apostles! Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Lk 24:27 Acts 2:42 Acts 8, eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 thee faith not read scripture and make you’re own faith!

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

God always establishes order in obedience to hierarchical authority of fathers! Heb 13:17

The keys are the ability to bind and loose. Jesus was not limiting that to Peter. Any Christian is able to take authority over the devils if they believe. Jesus was not establishing His church on Peter. Right after this, Jesus rebukes Peter and says he is being used of Satan. Jesus was building His church upon Peter's confession. In addition to that, Peter did not establish the Catholic Church, and the New Testament Church in the Bible did not remotely look like the Catholic Church.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont even know what the five dogmas are .
I was not raised at all in any church . My mother was a non practicing catholic , my dad an atheiest .
When i was flipped around , I was put in the BIBLE . That is , for the most part , the only knoweldge i know .
Other than where i learned things in the library , by actually reading and not googling .
I read the book on the chronogical listing of the popes . It was very long . The author was and IS a catholic .
SO i read on them . Found fault in every recorded pope . And not just fault but massive dangerous faults .
I even read about mormonism from the mormon books there . Knew it was false right fast .
I read about jehovas , from their own books in the library , KNEW they were not the church .
And so on it went . I Dont just heed some wild eyed man on google making some video about someone .
I GO to the source itself . And that is why i tell ya , with upmost love , to leave that church my friend .
I hear protestants talking dispensationalism this or that . HAVE NO IDEA what they are talking about .
As i said , i was never raised in a church . I had heard the gospel when i was a wee boy . at four and again at eight .
But i never followed Christ . PRAISE GOD , HE flipped me around in may of two thousand and six , And put a whole new heart
with whole new desires into me . He put me right in that bible for hours daily and in it , by his grace i have stayed reading it hours daily .
ITS LOVELY . AND ITS TRUTH . Learn it well .

Reactions: Instant

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How should i know . I dont follow that . Dont even know .
But what i have seen from the RCC , is bad news my friend . And as i said i did research it .
Yes , any broke clock is right at least twice a day , so yes they even have some things that are right .
But so much dangerous heresays and praying to saints and mary . Even the angel told JOHN to get up , WORSHIP GOD .
But the CC says , oh we can pray to saints , mary , angels and etc . That is blasphemous .
And i say that out of great concern for your soul my friend . I am a hater of none . THIS is why i warn .

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont even know what the five dogmas are .
I was not raised at all in any church . My mother was a non practicing catholic , my dad an atheiest .
When i was flipped around , I was put in the BIBLE . That is , for the most part , the only knoweldge i know .
Other than where i learned things in the library , by actually reading and not googling .
I read the book on the chronogical listing of the popes . It was very long . The author was and IS a catholic .
SO i read on them . Found fault in every recorded pope . And not just fault but massive dangerous faults .
I even read about mormonism from the mormon books there . Knew it was false right fast .
I read about jehovas , from their own books in the library , KNEW they were not the church .
And so on it went . I Dont just heed some wild eyed man on google making some video about someone .
I GO to the source itself . And that is why i tell ya , with upmost love , to leave that church my friend .
I hear protestants talking dispensationalism this or that . HAVE NO IDEA what they are talking about .
As i said , i was never raised in a church . I had heard the gospel when i was a wee boy . at four and again at eight .
But i never followed Christ . PRAISE GOD , HE flipped me around in may of two thousand and six , And put a whole new heart
with whole new desires into me . He put me right in that bible for hours daily and in it , by his grace i have stayed reading it hours daily .
ITS LOVELY . AND ITS TRUTH . Learn it well .

Protestant churches attempted to reform wrong teachings in the Catholic Church. That was a mistake. If you visit a United Methodist Church, you can see Catholic influence in it. We must go back to the New Testament, and start all over at the source. That is the only real solution. We must return to God's order.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protestant churches attempted to reform wrong teachings in the Catholic Church. That was a mistake. If you visit a United Methodist Church, you can see Catholic influence in it. We must go back to the New Testament, and start all over at the source. That is the only real solution. We must return to God's order.
I agree my friend . GODS wonderful grace kept me far from dangers and dangerous doctrine
and a good love for the truth . ONE BOOK HE LED ME INTO . KJV bible . Yep .
Its why by that same grace i beg and plead for folks to just return to the bible reading for themselves .
But most folks are clung to tradition my friend . All we can do is speak truth . The rest is on the one who hears and does or hears and does not .
Yes , GOD showed me that too my friend . ALL we are to do is simply speak , live and eat TRUTH . THE BREAD OF GOD . JESUS , THE WORD of GOD . His words . Feasting daily upon that heavenly food for the soul . If loving the truth in that bible is wrong to many
then may i not been seen as right by many . GOD puts a love for TRUTH on our hearts . Not for fables and doctrines of men contrary to Truth . .