Protestants view New Agers as heretics and Catholics view Protestants as heretics

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

360watt

Jun 6, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That's what Baptist Secessionists teach, and they are an embarrassment to Baptists.

for further reading:
An embarrassment?

So the Paulicians, Waldenses etc ..

Didn't have baptistic type beliefs?

Even though those who aren't Christians have reported on their beliefs.. way before 1600.

I know a direct line of unbroken churches can't be directly proven. That is because the records of them have been partly destroyed and the people themselves weren't that interested in recording their own history.

So what I'm talking about here is independent Christian churches seperate from Roman Catholicism right from apostolic times.

It has to be this way if Roman Catholicism is wayward.. because Jesus promised He would have His churches in every generation.

Anyway.. there are 100s if not thousands of churches that are Baptists .. for which this is not an embarrassment. Look at the American Baptist association and the Baptist Missionary Alliance.

I think you'll find these groups of churches to mostly agree with baptistic teaching being around before 1600

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have many new age values because they make more sense. As a result, Protestants accuse me of taking what I want out of the Bible or taking verses out of context and so I remind them that they do the same which is why there are so many denominations. A Baptist told me, "Oh, the New Age movement will come and go like the rest. The truth will still remain." So I told them, but you're a Baptist and only 400 or so years old (Baptists didn't come about till 1600), Christianity has been around before the Bible was even written. Pope Dameus sent Jerome to collect all the texts the churches were reading which led to the Bible. The majority of Christians had no idea about the Bible for the first 300-400 years. Why is the oldest Bible different from the Bible protestants go off of? Most Christians today are Catholic so anyone whose not Catholic and accuses me of heresy, I also remind them of the same thing they're accusing me of. Let's be honest, we are all heretics to someone.

Protestants will mention all the negative things about Catholicism referring to indulgences and the inquisition but the Protestants also killed those whom they viewed as heretics. The point is, Catholicism/Eastern Orthodox came before any Protestant so for a Protestant to accuse me of twisting scripture is hypocrisy. Catholics have plenty of reasons to think of Protestants as heretics.

Where many Catholics agree with me is this by the way:

View attachment 21937
What exactly do you gain from the NA movement? If it is something like clean air, not polutting the land. There is no problem with that, just use commons sense. If it is worshipping a false god, repent. Since I do not know what you are "borrowing" I will not judge you. Let us know what you are talking about and keep it simple, please

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see what you are doing with that question of, "Is Jesus the savior of men?"..you're using it as an umbrella for all Christians. However Christians also have more than enough arguments with one another and there's other Christians who will consider you unChristian regardless of whether you accept Jesus as your savior or not. So it doesn't matter if I answer your question with either 'yes' or 'no'.

"All of us Christians believe the same thing"
-says no Christian ever

What about do you believe in God point blank, period? Then the Muslims, Jews, and Christians all worship the same God given that they're all Abrahamic.

What about the fact that all humans bleed the same color?

Even bigger, what about the fact that there is only one shared being? You're made out of the universe, there can be no universe without you. You aren't just a drop in the ocean, but the entire ocean in a drop.
I do not have time to go into it, Muslims and Christians do not worship the same God. Allah does not have a Son, God the Father of the Bible has a Son. Articles by Sam Shamoun explore this site, friend.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe it feels like everything opposes Christianity because Christians consider themselves to know the truth, essentially separating themselves from those who do not believe the same. Whenever you say, "I know the truth", that just leads to more bigotry. I don't even have to bring up examples of external sources that oppose Christianity; Christians themselves condemn one another of heresy among eachother. The Catholics think they have the truth while the Protestants think that they do.
All Christians have the same Truth, He is Jesus who is God. Articles by Sam Shamoun

360watt

Jun 6, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I was a New Ager kind of, from 1999-2002. It felt nice going out in the outdoors to be with nature and meditate to be one with things like rocks and animals..

But it was based on nothing. Shifting sands. Even most of the books for New Age from Gurus would contradict each-other. I tried combining christianity with it and in hindsight it was chalk and cheese.

It was very subjective. God was 'the divine'.. which was a very generic all emcompassing force of energy type thing.

I let go of those beliefs when I studied the history of Jesus and the resurrection. The most probable truth from history is that the bible is true in what it says about Jesus.

The other thing is.. my church is from a line of baptists that did NOT start at the reformation. There are records of independent christian churches with baptistic teaching that were around way way before the reformation. Some church historians have put them around before the RCC and connecting them with the apostolic churches. They were nick-named ana-baptists.. and then eventually became just 'baptist'

The declaration of their faith as an official statement may have been in the 1600s.. but that is not when they started.

Reactions: The Learner