Prove the Trinity wrong challenge.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you believe in at least one and not more than three we're agreed has been said. Jesus prayed to the Father that's two. He sent his Holy Spirit that's three. I'm counting on my fingers here.

Without reading boring dissertations by other created pots I've always read three without benefit of other created pots telling me what to believe.

Not one single created person has ever nor will be able to define God. Just as a pot cannot describe the potter that made it.

Do the credentials of the pot matter? A long list of accomplishments and guarantees? It's still a pot. No matter how many books written by other created pots are read they're still a made thing. Quoting other book writing pots will not change the creator nor help much in understanding him.

Only by walking daily with him can we learn more of his ways, his nature. Even so no man has the capacity to know God in his fullness.

I'm a pot and He's God the potter. No need for war over this. Not one single living being has been nor ever will be able to explain their creator.

The Bible is not, by the way dead, it is very alive. Pots indeed wrote it down but as it was dictated by God. There is no other book like it nor will there ever be. It is the eternal standard.

I stopped counting the number of gods long ago once I got to three. He allows us to call him by his first name, Jesus, so he's obviously the God that wants us to draw nearer.

The finite can never comprehend the infinite.

Last edited:
D

Dave L

If you believe in at least one and not more than three we're agreed has been said. Jesus prayed to the Father that's two. He sent his Holy Spirit that's three. I'm counting on my fingers here.

Without reading boring dissertations by other created pots I've always read three without benefit of other created pots telling me what to believe.

Not one single created person has ever nor will be able to define God. Just as a pot cannot describe the potter that made it.

Do the credentials of the pot matter? A long list of accomplishments and guarantees? It's still a pot. No matter how many books written by other created pots are read they're still a made thing. Quoting other book writing pots will not change the creator nor help much in understanding him.

Only by walking daily with him can we learn more of his ways, his nature. Even so no man has the capacity to know God in his fullness.

I'm a pot and He's God the potter. No need for war over this. Not one single living being has been nor ever will be able to explain their creator.

The Bible is not, by the way dead, it is very alive. Pots indeed wrote it down but as it was dictated by God. There is no other book like it nor will there ever be. It is the eternal standard.

I stopped counting the number of gods long ago once I got to three. He allows us to call him by his first name, Jesus, so he's obviously the God that wants us to draw nearer.

The finite can never comprehend the infinite.
God reveals to us as much as he will have us to know. And he placed teachers who know more than we do in the church. So give thanks the next time you grasp the truth is spoken or written form.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Before accepting any doctrine or precept, we should demand a plain "Thus saith the Lord" in its support.
Unfortunately, even though "thus saith the Lord" is equivalent to what is written in the Holy Scriptures, there are many who will not believe the truth but persist in their lies.

Take John 1:1 as an example.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Did John write by Divine inspiration? Absolutely
Did he reveal that there are two divine Persons in the Godhead? Absolutely
Did he plainly state that "the Word is God"? Absolutely
Yet we still have naysayers claiming that Jesus is NOT God.

And the same applies to the Holy Spirit. We still have naysayers claiming that the Holy Spirit is NOT the third Person of the Trinity, even though Matthew 28:19 is authentic Scripture, and includes the Holy Ghost as one of the Persons within the Godhead.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

Jesus spoke of blaspheming the Holy Ghost, and it is only God who can be blasphemed.

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Unfortunately, even though "thus saith the Lord" is equivalent to what is written the the Holy Scriptures, there are many who will not believe the truth but persist in their lies.

Take John 1:1 as an example.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Did John write by Divine inspiration? Absolutely
Did he reveal that there are two divine Persons in the Godhead? Absolutely
Did he plainly state that "the Word is God"? Absolutely
Yet we still have naysayers claiming that Jesus is NOT God.

And the same applies to the Holy Spirit. We still have naysayers claiming that the Holy Spirit is NOT the third Person of the Trinity, even though Matthew 28:19 is authentic Scripture, and includes the Holy Ghost as one one of Persons within the Godhead.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.

Jesus spoke of blaspheming the Holy Ghost, and it is only God who can be blasphemed.

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
Good, revelant verses there about God in Three Persons.

Reactions: Dave L

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were no men. None to witness Jesus to me. Only religion. Jesus came for me. Not some book. Not some doctrine. Not some creed. Not some denomination. Not some vague concept.

Jesus the living God and I shall trade him for nothing men have created. Poor comforters are all those that want me to swap the love of God for a turnip.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV 1 Corinthians 15
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

KJV 1 Corinthians 8
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
Also, there is one Lord (Ephesians 4:5), the Father (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21). And no one can say that Jesus is the Lord except by the Holy Ghost (1 Corinthians 12:3).

So then, how will the Son be subject to the Father, since they are the same Lord (1 Corinthians 12:5, 2 Corinthians 8:19)?

The Father is infinite and Omnipresent, outside of time, dwelling in eternity (Isaiah 57:15); while He descended to become the Son, after having lived that one eternal moment (Ephesians 3:11): and He became finite in His humanity in that He took on the nature of humanity. Now the Person that He left behind still dwells in eternity: God cannot vacate eternity in order to descend and become the Son: because if He dwells in eternity He cannot cease to exist from that perspective. I hold this to be a kind of first truth, that we simply know to be true instinctively. So the Person whom God the Father became will be subject to that Person who dwells outside of time once all is said and done. The original Person of God the Father will always continue to be the Lord, is what I believe this is saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because this is a man -made doctrinal statement...it will have flaws.

The idea that the Father and the Son are co-equal is disproved by the statement of Jesus that says...

John 14:28 28"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.
In His humanity the Son is less than the Father; but in His Deity He is equal--John 5:18.

The doctrine that we need to think of here when considering John 14:28 is the hypostatic union--that Jesus is both God and Man.

In His humanity He is finite.

'nuff said!

D

Dave L

There were no men. None to witness Jesus to me. Only religion. Jesus came for me. Not some book. Not some doctrine. Not some creed. Not some denomination. Not some vague concept.

Jesus the living God and I shall trade him for nothing men have created. Poor comforters are all those that want me to swap the love of God for a turnip.
But, the truth sets you free and if you stop your ears to it, so much for finding the freedom Christ purchased for you. You might be in over your head right now and not know it without learning from the teachers God placed in the church.

Reactions: Naomi25

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dave I need not your cold views. Jesus has sustained me for over 40 years and now your dead dead dead unanointed views are to supplant that?

Reactions: amadeus