Prove the Trinity wrong challenge.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
In Oneness tradition, God is one Person. He is a Spirit who became a Man, who released His Spirit back to the Spirit that was His former self. Who then gave His Spirit to the church and came and indwelt us by His Spirit. ONE Spirit, ONE Lord, ONE God (Ephesians 4:4-6). SAME Spirit, SAME Lord, SAME God (1 Corinthians 12:4-6).

in the scripture the Most High is one.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so the passage, according to you, is a temporary teaching?

does this mean we can change the meaning of any passage that we dont like?
No; however the Bible is a progressive revelation. Therefore what is written later is more important than what is written before.

In this case, the Word became flesh, who was God in the beginning, shows that at some point in history God became a Man, although He was not a Man previous to that.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
No; however the Bible is a progressive revelation. Therefore what is written later is more important than what is written before.
so we can use whats written later to undue what was written before?

In this case, the Word became flesh, who was God in the beginning, shows that at some point in history God became a Man, although He was not a Man previous to that.
not sure on this one

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so we can use whats written later to undue what was written before?

All scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; but what is written later is built on what was written before and rests as the conclusions of what was written before. Also, new revelation in scripture (such as revelation about the incarnation) can supersede old revelation (about God the Father not being a Man so that He would lie).

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just that you are not a member of historic Christendom unless you agree with the creeds these all hold in common.
Why would one want to be a member of historic Christendom rather than historic Judaism? Is not Judaism older? Is older automatically better?

There were a number of sects based on the OT scriptures when Jesus walked planet Earth about 2000 years ago. To which of them did he belong? Consider Lincoln's position:

"I have never united myself to any church, because I have
found difficulty in giving my assent without mental reservation, to the long complicated statements of Christian doctrine which characterizes their Articles of Belief and Confessions of Faith.

When any church will inscribe over its altar as its sole qualification for membership the Savior's condensed statement of both Law and Gospel, 'thou shalt love the Lord thy God
with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and thy neighbor as thyself' that church will I join with all my heart and all my soul"
Abraham Lincoln

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
All scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; but what is written later is built on what was written before and rests as the conclusions of what was written before. Also, new revelation in scripture (such as revelation about the incarnation) can supersede old revelation (about God the Father not being a Man so that He would lie).
so all scripture is inspired by the Most High, ok. lets go back to that Num passage:

Numbers 23:19
19 God is not man, that he should lie,
or a son of man, that he should change his mind.
Has he said, and will he not do it?
Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?

what does the Most High mean when He says He is not a man nor son of man?

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does that mean to your understanding of the authority of the Bible? Does it have any authority at all since it "is dead" (your words)?

Oz
When it is consumed and quickened [brought to Life] in a person by the Holy Spirit then those dead words have authority. How much Life did Jesus have in him when he was dead on the cross and at any time before he resurrected from the dead?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and where in scripture are we told about this equation and that it is to be processed multiplication and not adding?
I would say in Matthew 28:19. In that verse there is one name mentioned and yet three Persons with that one name. Which would indicate one God in three Persons. Thus the equation 1 x 1 x 1 = 1. The point being that the situation described there is substantiated by a valid math equation.